rock werchter

Pretty self-explanatory
frank

rock werchter

Post by frank »

This morning on the national news... new names for 'rock werchter' (one of the biggest festivals in Europe) Kraftwerk, Jamie Cullum and ... Elvis and the Imposters. Other bands: REM, Faithless, Keane.

Date: 30th june - 3rd july.

More info:
http://www.rockwerchter.be/RW2005/site.htm

Frank.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

This means that EC&I problably will be playing the big festivals, like Roskilde, Glastonbury,...

What would the young kids think of EC???
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

What would the young kids think of EC???

In the Word interview , from Nov. 02 , Elvis said this -

"It's worse over here. The audience is older and there's no way through to the younger people. We had a number one college radio record with When I Was Cruel in the US but nothing like that would happen here. You have to accept that it's difficult to engage younger people because their heads are full of this nonsense and they don't know what you're talking about. We played at the V Festival in Chelmsford and it was the longest 50 minutes of my life. All these sullen little Thatcher's children looking up and sneering because we were old and we were on in the middle of the day between the Bluetones and Supergrass. We played abominably. It was just the age thing. Everybody had those long-peaked baseball caps on and they're looking at you and you're thinking, I don't like you as much as you don't like me. They're just the people you can see - these pinched-faced devil's children. Go home and listen to your Posh Spice records." Then he smiles. "I don't mean that, that's not fair, they probably love everything, probably go home and listen to Cecil Taylor records. It's just some days you're in a mood and it doesn't work."
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

According to magazine HUMO, EC&I will play Rock Werchter on friday July 1.

And according to this website:

http://www.rockwerchter.be/RW2005/site_en.htm

EC&I will play in the 'pyramid marquee': this means not the main stage!
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

I'm going to the V Festival this year. Guess I won't be seeing Elvis there then (and not because I'm one of those pinched-faced devil's children either! And don't get me started on Posh Spice...
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Man out of Time

Re: rock werchter 2005

Post by Man out of Time »

Review in Dutch here: Proximusgoformusic.be

"Een dynamietstaaf in het achterste

Bij aanvang leek het even alsof iemand van de platenfirma een dynamietstaaf in het achterste van Elvis Costello geplant had. Hij vloog er aan een ongelooflijke snelheid in. Zelfs een doorgewinterde entertainer als Costello heeft blijkbaar schrik om voor de jonge leeuwen geworpen te worden.Toen het publiek enthousiast reageerde, nam hij wat gas terug en kwam het goed. Meer dan goed.

Sinds Costello in het huwelijksbootje stapte (met jazz-zangeres Diana Krall) was hij bijna onafgebroken op tournee. Zijn begeleidingsband The Imposters doen allesbehalve alsof en voelen Big El ondertussen feilloos aan. Costello zat vanavond op een gitaartrip en soleerde alsof Jerry Garcia zelve in de frontstage stond te kijken.

Costello bracht een handvol verschroeiende uptempo klassiekers (I Don't Want To Go To Chelsea, Oliver's Army en Pump it up), diep in de ziel snijdende ballades (Good Year For The Roses en I want you) en een aantal sterke recente nummers (Country Darkness en Monkey to Man). De oude vos heeft nog niets van zijn kracht verloren. Of hij nu solo of met groep op (T)W komt spelen, maakt in wezen niets uit. Geef de man een podium en hij krijgt de weide nog steeds aan zijn voeten: Respect!

Officiële setlist:

Lipstick Vogue
Uncomplicated
Clownstrike
45/Radio Radio
Country Darkness
Bedlam/Monkey To Man
Needle Time
Chelsea
Clubland
Roses/The Delivery Man
P.L.U.
Oliver's Army
P.I.U. / The Scarlet Tide
Hurry Down Doomsday
Button My Lip
I Want You

Echte Setlist:

De echte setlist wijkt af van datgene wat hierboven vermeld staat. Zo bevatte de bisronde een schitterende Alison die overging in Suspicious Mind.

Elvis lives in all of us, blijkbaar ook in Costello!"

Or in English, viable the ever reliable Google Translate:

"A stick of dynamite in the rear

At the beginning it seemed as if someone from the record company had planted a stick of dynamite in the back of Elvis Costello. He flew at an incredible speed. Even a seasoned entertainer as Costello has apparently afraid to thrown to the lions to worden. Toen the audience responded enthusiastically, he took some gas and came back well. More than good.

Since Costello tied the knot (with jazz singer Diana Krall) he was almost constantly on tour. His backing band The Imposters do anything and feel like Big El meanwhile faultlessly. Costello was tonight on a trip and guitar soloist like Jerry Garcia himself stood watching. In the front stage

Costello released a handful scorching uptempo classics (I Do Not Want To Go To Chelsea, Oliver's Army and Pump It Up), cutting deep into the soul ballads (Good Year For The Roses and I Want You) and a number of strong recent numbers (Country Darkness and Monkey to Man). The old fox has lost none of its force. Whether he is playing solo or group (T) W is essentially nothing. Give the man a stage and he gets the meadow still on his feet: Respect!

Official setlist:
lipstick Vogue
uncomplicated
Clownstrike
45/Radio Radio
Country Darkness
Bedlam / Monkey To Man
Needle Time
Chelsea
Clubland
Roses / The Delivery Man
P.L.U.
Oliver's Army
P.I.U. / The Scarlet Tide
Hurry Down Doomsday
Button My Lip
I Want You

Real Setlist:
The real setlist differs from what is stated above. Thus bisronde contained a magnificent Alison that turned into Suspicious Mind.

Elvis lives in all of us, apparently in Costello!"

The "official setlist" may be the stage set list, which often features alternate / songs. Pity there is not a photo to prove it.

MOOT