20. Monkey To Man
21. Hidden Charms
22. There's A Story In Your Voice
23. Pump it up
24. Needle time
25. Shipbuilding
26. Bedlam
27. Nothing Clings Like Ivy
28. (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love And Understanding?
29. Oliver's army
30. The Scarlet Tide

There was a bit of a mix up playing When I was cruel. The printed set list showed WIWC coming before Watching the Detectives. EC played WTD first, got half way through, then tried to get back to WIWC. This didn't work, and Pete and Steve stopped playing, EC kept going, started WIWC, Pete and Steve joined in, they finished WIWC then went back to WTD to finish that off. Otherwise a good night, and not a mention of the Grammys..

Nick
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

It was another great show.

On No Dancing 8) 8) Elvis bought out the purple spangly Flying Mojo guitar (I could read it from my front row seat 8) . And on Hidden Charms I could actually see the $150 price tag of "George Harrison's second guitar"!

What has struck me is just how good and tight The Imposters are. Not only that but Elvis' guitar playing is a lot better and his voice is in great shape. They did a good version of Dust and Elvis sang Shipbuilding without his guitar. I spent a bit of time watching Steve and he is just awesome.

Elvis is happy waiting until Pump It Up before getting everyone up on their feet. I got a smile from him after Chelsea and I SWEAR that on Pump It Up he was looking at me when he said "We'd like to thank you for coming out tonight" as he'd seen me in Brighton. That was incredibly cool! It was worth getting home at 2am for. It could have been coincidence but...

By the way, whilst everyone is commenting about the suits and ties, nobody's mentioned that one of Elvis' right jacket cuff buttons is missing and another one is half missing. Am I getting too nerdy? :lol:
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
jz1963

Post by jz1963 »

Verbal

Did he only use the "Flying Mojo" on "No Dancing"? We didn't get a chance to see it at all at the Hammersmith show. He split the gig between his Tele, Jazzmaster, and Les Paul with a few tunes on the Super 400 and Gibson J160E acoustic.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

I was at Hammersmith as well. There were a few guitars he only used once; the Flying Mojo on No Dancing, the $150 guitar on Hidden Charms and I think he used the battered Magnatone once (on Chelsea).

Please don't ask me anything more about guitars because I only know what I know 'cos I could see them up close.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?