Hands up here if you have the reissues!

Pretty self-explanatory
Smallfaces1

i got trust and punch the clock!

Post by Smallfaces1 »

didn't even know they were out, i stumbled upon them by chance at Our Price! Bloody Quality.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Danny: can't wait to hear Black Sails. I've only heard it once, live, and thought it was fabulous. This full restoration sounds brilliant. My only problem is finding the time to get somewhere near a record store...
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

:D :D :D :D
Last edited by laughingcrow on Mon Aug 18, 2003 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
PlaythingOrPet

Post by PlaythingOrPet »

I recieved 4 EC cds today. The 3 reissues and Spike from the lovely SoL (cheers, buddy). Not to mention 'The WJ Demos' I got earlier from the just as lovely Normee Brain. You cool people, you.

Anyway, I'm working my way through the reissues (up to no. 15 on GH - a reggae New Lace Sleeves!!) and looking at the pictures. Hey, Elvis plays pool left-handed like me! :lol:
norman brain

Post by norman brain »

Plaything, you are very welcome, and I'm glad you're enjoying it!

I am enjoying reading everyone's thoughts on the reissues and their bonus tracks. I'm curious about the hidden GH track, but part of me wants to wait and be surprised. In what must be temporary insanity on my part, I've decided to wait for the U.S. editions.

I have to admit a tinge of jealousy for you lucky Brits! Why can't they work these things out to come out simultaneously around the world?!?

Oh well, as the old song goes..."see you in September"!
Goody2Shoes

Post by Goody2Shoes »

norman brain wrote: I'm curious about the hidden GH track, but part of me wants to wait and be surprised.
I'm curious, too, and I'm almost afraid to read this thread lest I stumble across a spoiler!
It's a radiation vibe I'm groovin' on
lapinsjolis

Post by lapinsjolis »

A dear and important person in my life surprised me by buying all the reissues for me. They came today! :P I'm drooling over the 'Trust' pictures and cheated by listening to the mystery track on 'Get Happy' first but I'll say no more. . .Elvis and feeling adored, does it get better than that?
SweetPear

Post by SweetPear »

DrJ~ a bit late, but happy b-day. :)
I couldn't think of two better reasons for splurging.
I look forward to spending some major cash on a certain bunch of records myself!

PS~ I thoroughly enjoy reading all the different comments about the records. It's great!
:)
I'm not angry anymore....
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

Goody2Shoes wrote:
norman brain wrote: I'm curious about the hidden GH track, but part of me wants to wait and be surprised.
I'm curious, too, and I'm almost afraid to read this thread lest I stumble across a spoiler!
Don't set your expectations too high about this track, its neat but not that interesting. Any of you get the Byrds re-issues?
Danny

Post by Danny »

Hey, my new fave of the reissues is The Bells!!! Wow, what a stormer! And Elvis slags off his own singing in the liner notes, but it's a belter of a performance. He's so great at putting the emotion over. Can't stop singing it now.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

I got all three reissues from play.com - only £10.99 each delivered to my door on Tuesday morning. Almost three for the price of two from HMV etc.

I have only heard Get Happy so far but it's difficult to get past the duo of I can't stand up and New Amsterdam on CD2. Actually it's a struggle to not keep repeating I can't stand up.

It is a great reissue but from other people's views I might have had the best first.

As for the extra at the end....
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
lipstickvogue

Post by lipstickvogue »

got home today and found the lovely "parcel for you in the complex office" note in my mailbox ! :) any of you others who live here with me in the US are CRAZY to wait for these ... go to uk amazon mine got to Indiana on Friday and that's a whole lot better than September! (gloat gloat)
it's always another day after twelve o'clock's struck
stormwarning

Post by stormwarning »

They went on sale in Tokyo record stores yesterday, and one of the listening devices had all three bonus disks available for listening. My, the time just flew by.
It's been quite a week - first Elvis at Fuji Rock, then a jolly good friend burned me a copy of North, and now the re-issues, all in the space of 8 days.
Where's North from 'ere?
costellopunk

Post by costellopunk »

i know that the live solo version of motel matches is on one of these reissues. is it the incredible version where ec is playing the electric piano? i hope so.
-it takes a long time but god dies too/but not before he sticks it to you-
Danny

Post by Danny »

Hey Tokyo - so what did you actually think of North, then? I'm dying to hear more from fans who've heard it already.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

couldn't wait any longer for Trust, so I ordered from amazon uk (tks lipstickvogue for putting that idea in my head and that hole in my wallet). then I had the oh fuck!! moment after the order is complete and paid for--this is a Demon release! Did I just buy the wrong fucking one....frantic comparisons of track lists...phew! I'll be gloating soon.

p.s. 'fuck/fucking'--the new all purpose modifier. go ahead. dangle them participles. 8)
Like me, the "g" is silent.