Your favourite reissue bonus discs

Pretty self-explanatory
Chrille

Your favourite reissue bonus discs

Post by Chrille »

Though I'm afraid of getting smacked on the head for asking a question that has probably been asked several times before on this forum, I'll take that chance.

What are your favourite bonus discs among the reissues and why? My three favourites would have to be:

Armed Forces:
The live tracks are amazing, I'm rather tired of the studio version of Accidents Will Happen, but I can listen to the live version over and over again. Also, the b-sides are especially good on this one. Clean Money and My Funny Valentine especially. These two tracks might just go in my top 10 favourite costello songs list.

Imperial Bedroom:
There are some great alternate versions/demos on this disc and enough b-sides sides to fill half an album, once again all them are fantastic.

Blood & Chocolate:
It took me several listens to get into this album but once I did I was very satisfied with the purchase. Then I started listening to the bonus disc and I was amazed. The covers are fantastic and the rockers are awesome. Also, the alternate version of American Without Tears is alone worth the price of this reissue. Imo, it completley blows away the original version on King of America.

----------------------

Note, I don't have anything past Spike (nor Almost Blue, Goodbye... or King...). Hopefully this thread will help me decide what to get next :P.
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

As a stand alone CD: ATUB

For a cohesive listening experience that complements original CD: Blood & Chocolate

For most enhancing appreciation of the original CD: Punch The Clock & Goodbye Cruel World
strangerinthehouse

Best re-issue

Post by strangerinthehouse »

I would say the second disc with This Year's Model is my favorite. it starts big and triumphantly with "big tears" then it slows down with the demo version of "running out of angels" where elvis flubs a line and has to re start the song. The alternate version of "radio radio" is pretty cool.
my second favorite would be Imperial Bedroom and the Kojak Variety is not that far behind either
And you try so hard
to be like the big boys
@shellacandvinyl
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Kojak Variety is mine because it takes a mediocre album and makes it essential listening.

Not too far behind are Imperial Bedroom, Get Happy!!, and Punch The Clock (the latter worth it just for "Heathen Town")[/i]
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Imperial Bedroom has some great alternate takes, and dissects the album quite well...plus I turn around is brilliant...but I think my fave is ATUB, songs are all ace...followed by B&C (sped up Battered Old Bird and Pouring Water...)
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

AF for the live tracks

MLAR for the unplugged tracks, the great demo versions and Just Another Mystery (in my top ten)

AB for more grat live tracks, and not so bad duets!

KV for what BC said

GH Just loads of great stuff

PTC Again, prefer the demos more than the produced original and also contains some good live tracks.
signed with love and vicious kisses
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

Almost Blue is my favorite as a 2CD set. It has the best live EC ever recorded, and a lot of great tracks.