Delivery Man Deluxe Edition - March 1st

Pretty self-explanatory
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

The US version of this limited edition album is now available:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... ce&s=music
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
Bad Ambassador

Post by Bad Ambassador »

That link above goes to a page that says not out until March.

Anyhoo, this lis listed at Hmv.co.uk for Feb 7th, not entirely sure what it is. Perhaps a UK vinyl release...
http://www2.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayPro ... sku=355510

Oh, and this lot tend to deliver a lot quicker than 101cd.com, and are only charging £9.99
http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=ti ... tle=581434
Chrille

Post by Chrille »

Heh, play.com's selling the new edition at the same price as the original.
King of Confidence

Post by King of Confidence »

That US Amazon link does show She's Pulling Out the Pin in the track listing.
normabuel

Post by normabuel »

I think you are onto something, Sweet. Perhaps this release is to scare up more sales based on the Grammy buzz. I'll probably buy it, though, at least to get She's Pulling. . . . I'll let Rope know if my delicate American psyche suffers any adverse affects from listening to it.

But I have to agree with everyone here. EC is great at selling us two and three copies of the same album. (Maybe we should have a poll -- how many copies of MAIT have you purchased? Just 2 for me.)
snarling pup

Post by snarling pup »

I've bought AF, GH, and PTC four times so far (twice on vinyl, twice on CD). And I expect to bite my tongue and buy the new TDM deluxe edition as well.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

I'm going to pass. If anything I'll buy "She's Pulling Out The Pin" on iTunes and The Clarksdale Sessions on vinyl.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
invisible Pole

Post by invisible Pole »

My Aim Is True - just three copies.
I've bought 5 (FIVE) copies of Armed Forces - two vinyl (UK and US), US "regular" CD, Ryko re-issue and Rhino re-issue.
Most of others - 3 or 4 copies each.
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

KOA is my downfall--

Vinyl: 1 copy
Cassette: 1 copy
CD: 3 copies (to date)

Oy.
Last edited by selfmademug on Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

selfmademug wrote:KOA is my downfall--
There are worse things. . . . :)
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

:lol: Very true.

I can't wait until the Rhino treatment of KOA! The next batch is going to be wonderful.
normabuel

Post by normabuel »

Does anyone know if I can download a song (i.e., She's Pulling. . .) from iTunes and play it back without an iPod or Apple software? I did not find She's Pulling on either Musicmatch or RealTunes (both of which are compatible with my music players).
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

Yes, you can play it through ITunes... then if you need I can send you the mp3 of it.
Chrille

Post by Chrille »

Is Painted From Memory available in a special edition?
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

Yes, I have one that has a second disc with several live cuts from the Lonely World Tour on it, including a great Inch by Inch that segues into Fever.
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

pophead2k wrote:Yes, I have one that has a second disc with several live cuts from the Lonely World Tour on it, including a great Inch by Inch that segues into Fever.
The "Inch By Inch/Fever" medley is on the "Toledo" single. The Painted From Memory bonus disc has live versions of "This House Is Empty Now," "I Still Have That Other Girl," "In The Darkest Place," "Painted From Memory," and "What's Her Name Today."
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

You are absolutely correct - I have 'em both and I got 'em confused.
Chrille

Post by Chrille »

Aha, is it sold in both in Europe and the US?
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

I picked up both the Toledo single and the double CD version in Barcelona, of all places, while I was on vacation, so I know it WAS available in Europe.
wardo68

Post by wardo68 »

Anybody pick this up yet? I came close to getting it on my lunch break, but never left the office.
King Hoarse

Post by King Hoarse »

I got it a few weeks ago and I like it a lot, definitely worth the money. Although I love the ukulele Scarlet Tide duet, I think I prefer this solo piano version. Title track is better here too. Nice groove on Needle Time to complement the original stomper. (But while Richard & Linda Thompson's live Dark End Of The Street is one of my favourite recordings of all time, it HAS been covered too often, and I'm afraid Elvis' voice butchers it here. For me, that is. I'm glad it's the last song so I can turn it off.)

Why She's Pulling Out The Pin isn't on the CD in all territories is beyond me. A GREAT song that doesn't break the flow of the album at all (Elvis' reason, apparently). In fact, I thought it needed a pop song. I'd give the album an extra star for that song alone. Now, if only When I Was Cruel #1 would've graced that album instead of Dissolve or Oh Well...
Last edited by King Hoarse on Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What this world needs is more silly men.
SweetPear

Post by SweetPear »

Anybody else as confused as I am? :?

I have the first US release of TDM.

I have the itunes Futurama session.

I have the 10" vinyl of the Clarksdale session.

And I have the Japanese deluxe edition (w/Pulling Out The Pin).

Now WTF am I missing? There are so many releases I can't keep them all straight.
Is the Clarksdale session out on CD?

The Cruel Smile idea was great. I like Cruel Smile. I play it all the time.
I'm not angry anymore....
migdd

Post by migdd »

The DeliveryMEN?

Can any of us really wait 20 years for all of this great stuff to be released on a 2-disc reissue? If so, more power to ya! My wife has borrowed my copy of TDM (probably indefinitely!) so I'm going to shell out the cold, hard green for the 2nd printing (that's really what it is. . .counts towards total sales. . .gold record, etc.) and get the Clarkesdale Sessions as a bonus. For the price of 3 vodka gimlets at the local pub. . .it seems like a lasting investment!
King Hoarse

Post by King Hoarse »

Was the clip of Bedlam really the most exciting thing they could come up with as a preview for the Live in Memphis DVD?
What this world needs is more silly men.
frank

Post by frank »

Just got the 'deluxe version' of DLM. The 'Clarsdale sessions' are quite dissapointing. The recording is bad (esp. The scarlet tide - sounds more like a 'bathroom session' to me) - only highlight is 'In another room' - great song!!!

'She's pulling out the pin' is on the main disc - good song, not outstanding.

Frank.