Futurama Sessions, September 2004

Pretty self-explanatory
DrJ

Futurama Sessions, September 2004

Postby DrJ » Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:42 pm

The subject is the message. Hooray, more things to buy.

Of note after less than 24hours on sale it's at number 46 on the iTunes UK album chart.

DrJ

PS I scanned through a few of the European stores and it seems to be for sale on all of them. Curiously in Finland iTunes EC's She is at number 6 with Survivor's Eye of the Tiger at number one. Go figure...
Tlentifini Maarhaysu

laughingcrow

Postby laughingcrow » Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:50 pm

How do the stores work? Can you go in and say 'burn these onto a CD please my man'...or will they proceed to show you the door?
One beat, two beat, three beat, sugar beat. Four beat, five beat, six beat, wheat-a-beat. Seven beat, eight beat, nine beat, heartbeat. My heartbeat, my heart is beating for you.

DrJ

Postby DrJ » Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:45 pm

The iTunes Music Store is an online music store for paying for legitimate music downloads and is part of the iTunes program (http://www.apple.com/itunes/). Run iTunes, click on the music store logo and you're in. Sign up once (with credit card) and download single tracks or whole albums, burn 'em to a CD off your computer, or stick 'em on your iPod. You can browse the store for free and listen to 30 seconds of any song as a tester. It's all very addictive. The five tracks of the Futurama Session are £3.95.

Futurama!

DrJ
Tlentifini Maarhaysu

sweetest punch

Postby sweetest punch » Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:11 pm

Just bought the Futurama Sessions EP at the Belgian iTunes store. It was very easy: just gave my email adress and creditcard number and within a few minutes the EP was downloaded.

I'm now listening to it and it's great!
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.

laughingcrow

Postby laughingcrow » Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:35 pm

Will these be available indefinitely?
One beat, two beat, three beat, sugar beat. Four beat, five beat, six beat, wheat-a-beat. Seven beat, eight beat, nine beat, heartbeat. My heartbeat, my heart is beating for you.

DrJ

Postby DrJ » Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:02 pm

I guess so... until digital music downloads become replaced by Electronic Brain Enhancer (Go Easy On Your EBE's)...

ATTENTION IRISH PEOPLE: The iTMS opened in Ireland today, and it has the EC thing...

DrJ
Tlentifini Maarhaysu

johnfoyle

Postby johnfoyle » Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:22 pm

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/omm/revi ... 82,00.html

Elvis Costello And The Imposters

Tracks: The Futurama Sessions

WWW: iTunes.co.uk

Format: MP3

Price: 79p each, £3.75 for five

Costello is one of the major artists yet to license his back catalogue to iTunes, so this five-track EP from last year's The Delivery Man set, recorded 'live' in New York, could be his way of testing the water. It's rawer and earthier than the album equivalents, with Elvis coming on as a secular Al Green and the Imposters sounding like the live mid-Eighties Attractions. A welcome reminder of the dirty, nasty old EC.

Danny

Postby Danny » Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:25 am

What are the futurama sessions? Are they the same as the Clarksdale sessions, and what is the track listing?

verbal gymnastics

Postby verbal gymnastics » Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:27 am

They're 5 tracks specially recorded [studio] live for iTunes. The tracklisting is:

The Delivery Man
The Monkey
Needle Time
Monkey To Man
Button My Lip

They were recorded in New York.
international laughing stock...

johnfoyle

Postby johnfoyle » Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:41 pm

http://www.slfa.com/slfa/index.php?defa ... formfields[func]=artists

Elvis' managements site has this alternate photo from the one used with the iTunes listing -

johnfoyle

Re: Futurama Sessions Now on iTunes UK

Postby johnfoyle » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:12 am

I've been revisiting this -it's good to hear fresh takes on some old favourites. So far they are only 'out there' as downloads , though I'm listening to them via a cdr.
Ironic as it may be, they now seem like the perfect candidates for a mini album on vinyl.

http://www.elviscostello.info/wiki/index.php/Futurama_Sessions

Return to “Elvis Costello General Discussion”