Futurama Sessions, September 2004

Pretty self-explanatory
DrJ

Futurama Sessions, September 2004

Post by DrJ »

The subject is the message. Hooray, more things to buy.

Of note after less than 24hours on sale it's at number 46 on the iTunes UK album chart.

DrJ

PS I scanned through a few of the European stores and it seems to be for sale on all of them. Curiously in Finland iTunes EC's She is at number 6 with Survivor's Eye of the Tiger at number one. Go figure...
Tlentifini Maarhaysu
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

How do the stores work? Can you go in and say 'burn these onto a CD please my man'...or will they proceed to show you the door?
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

The iTunes Music Store is an online music store for paying for legitimate music downloads and is part of the iTunes program (http://www.apple.com/itunes/). Run iTunes, click on the music store logo and you're in. Sign up once (with credit card) and download single tracks or whole albums, burn 'em to a CD off your computer, or stick 'em on your iPod. You can browse the store for free and listen to 30 seconds of any song as a tester. It's all very addictive. The five tracks of the Futurama Session are £3.95.

Futurama!

DrJ
Tlentifini Maarhaysu
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Just bought the Futurama Sessions EP at the Belgian iTunes store. It was very easy: just gave my email adress and creditcard number and within a few minutes the EP was downloaded.

I'm now listening to it and it's great!
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Will these be available indefinitely?
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

I guess so... until digital music downloads become replaced by Electronic Brain Enhancer (Go Easy On Your EBE's)...

ATTENTION IRISH PEOPLE: The iTMS opened in Ireland today, and it has the EC thing...

DrJ
Tlentifini Maarhaysu
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/omm/revi ... 82,00.html

Elvis Costello And The Imposters

Tracks: The Futurama Sessions

WWW: iTunes.co.uk

Format: MP3

Price: 79p each, £3.75 for five

Costello is one of the major artists yet to license his back catalogue to iTunes, so this five-track EP from last year's The Delivery Man set, recorded 'live' in New York, could be his way of testing the water. It's rawer and earthier than the album equivalents, with Elvis coming on as a secular Al Green and the Imposters sounding like the live mid-Eighties Attractions. A welcome reminder of the dirty, nasty old EC.
Danny

Post by Danny »

What are the futurama sessions? Are they the same as the Clarksdale sessions, and what is the track listing?
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

They're 5 tracks specially recorded [studio] live for iTunes. The tracklisting is:

The Delivery Man
The Monkey
Needle Time
Monkey To Man
Button My Lip

They were recorded in New York.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://www.slfa.com/slfa/index.php?defa ... c]=artists

Elvis' managements site has this alternate photo from the one used with the iTunes listing -

johnfoyle

Re: Futurama Sessions Now on iTunes UK

Post by johnfoyle »

I've been revisiting this -it's good to hear fresh takes on some old favourites. So far they are only 'out there' as downloads , though I'm listening to them via a cdr.
Ironic as it may be, they now seem like the perfect candidates for a mini album on vinyl.

http://www.elviscostello.info/wiki/inde ... a_Sessions