"North" release date confusion

Pretty self-explanatory
PlaythingOrPet

"North" release date confusion

Post by PlaythingOrPet »

According to amazon.com the UK and Japanese editions of North are being released on Sept 15, with the US edition released on Sept 23.

I think "North (+ 1 Bonus Track) [IMPORT]" is the UK one and "North (+ 1 Bonus Track) (+ Bonus DVD) [IMPORT]" is the Japanese one. Just wanted to know if this is right 'cos I can't find any info and it ain't on amazon.co.uk.

Mr. or Mr. Foyle?
ReadyToHearTheWorst

Post by ReadyToHearTheWorst »

My understanding is that the Japanese edition comes with a bonus DVD, so you look to have it right Plaything.

But, by George, record companies know how to milk us EC consumers! That's nearly a $30 hike for 1 bonus track and a 'small' DVD!

No wonder the Net is a popular source for audio & video.
"I'm the Rock and Roll Scrabble champion"
martinfoyle

Re: "North" release date confusion

Post by martinfoyle »

PlaythingOrPet wrote:According to amazon.com the UK and Japanese editions of North are being released on Sept 15, with the US edition released on Sept 23.

I think "North (+ 1 Bonus Track) [IMPORT]" is the UK one and "North (+ 1 Bonus Track) (+ Bonus DVD) [IMPORT]" is the Japanese one. Just wanted to know if this is right 'cos I can't find any info and it ain't on amazon.co.uk.

Mr. or Mr. Foyle?
Amazon UK has not listed North yet. As far as I'm concerned, I'd be content with the US version. The extra 2 tracks sound like throw-away tracks to keep the suits happy. I'm sure some kind soul will make them available as downloads.
PlaythingOrPet

Post by PlaythingOrPet »

Thanks guys. I was more concerned about the release date than anything else. Just wondering why UK Amazon hasn't listed it yet. It'll be nice to have it in my grubby little hands 8 days earlier with the extra track and avoid the inflated price and hassle of ordering it from US Amazon.

A devious ploy by amazon to get as much money as poss.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

PlaythingOrPet wrote:A devious ploy by amazon to get as much money as poss.
Surely not!

I wonder if there'll be a CD single released and the extra tracks + DVD will turn up on that. Or another special edition months after the first edition came out. I suspect the Uk will see the extras eventually. And yes, it will probably mean parting with the same money twice. What is annoying is that I'll want the album the same day as it comes out. Do I pay the extra and get the import?
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?