Delivery Man Mp3s appearing

Pretty self-explanatory
snapyou

Delivery Man Mp3s appearing

Post by snapyou »

Just been onto my fav downlaod site..and Delivery Man mp3s are appearing!
Just downloading 5 as we speak.....!!!!
Obviously,going to buy the cd as well..but couldn't wait any longer!!!
migdd

Post by migdd »

Where can we find them?
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Patience is a virtue
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Board challenge:

Wait until the 21st this time, buy the disc, and listen to it for the first time. I'm not saying this to be high and mighty. I downloaded North a month before it dropped and then bought it the day it came out. This is not a plea for people to stop downloading. But it might be a cool experiment if we all heard it on the same day, complete with liner notes and all that good stuff. Then our reactions would be fresh and concurrent. We wouldn't be coloring each other's judgement one way or the other too early.

Who's in? I'll wait if you will.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
migdd

Post by migdd »

I'm on board with that, Noise.

I've never once downloaded MP3's and don't even know how or where to go to do so, though I am curious. Not a moral issue, just plain ignorance! I kinda like to have the whole package in front of me when experiencing an album for the 1st time. Call me old fashioned!!
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

I'm in too Noise.

Does this go for Il Sogno too?
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Absolutely, and glad to have you both aboard. This isn't for moral reasons for me either. I just want to hear these records for the first time--without hearing a single note ahead of time. Who else is willin' to wait?
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
snapyou

Post by snapyou »

Hold your horses!!!
Just "downloaded" 5 tracks to just to find them all unplayable:very strange!
"TO download or not to download" that is the question.....!
Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average »

This post has a soundtrack. Start humming Carly Simon's "Anticipation" before reading on.

I'm "in" by default. I always do it this way. A significant part of the excitement is in the package: the sequence, the way the first song strikes you and 'positions' you for those that follow. The band leader and producers put lot's of effort into sequencing, and that effort is completely lost when the context is fractured by downloading snippets or songs out of sequence.

It's a ritual that started back in the 60's when I purchased my first 45's: Dizzy, by Tommy Roe, Would You Like to Fly (in my Beautiful Balloon) by the Fifth Dimension, Ain't No Mountain High Enough by Dianna Ross and the du-pweems, Psychedelic Shack ('cause that's where its at!) by the Temptations, and transitioned to my first two record albums: The Irish Rovers featuring "The Unicorn" and "Revolver" by a band from Liverpool.

I get just as excited today when I buy a new, coveted CD (eg. Los Lobos, the Ride). I can't wait to get it home, even though I have a CD player in the car. It just ain't right. I need to sit down and experience it...not samplle it. So much is lost when a fine wine is cannonballed, not savored.

Same with Testor's Glue. Slow and Steady.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here, Noise, and suggest that WHAR might not play along. Just a gut feeling...can't really describe it. But I've always had this sort of power of prognostication (I'm working on prestidigitation, but all I ever wanted was to fall into her Human Hands).

To the clinicians on the board: I am realizing a pattern to my posts that is best characterized as uncharted rambling (medical nosology is "Aropeleash Sidetracking Syndrome). Is there any documented treatment for this affliction? God save the board should I swirl lower into the abyss.
"The smarter mysteries are hidden in the light" - Jean Giono (1895-1970)
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

I'm in, unless Being There somehow gets a promo copy... but I promised pip that she could review it, so I'd likely send it to her anyway :lol:
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
pip_52

Post by pip_52 »

We can only hope . . . :P
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

Mr. A. I hate your posts. Too much jargon. For a republican- you try too hard.

Anyway, the mp3's are probably just the snippets I've had. Let me look, I'm downloading it if it's the album. I am then burning it and listening to it at work tomorrow.
Gilbert

Post by Gilbert »

I have to confess that I downloaded the "North" songs a month in advance and then burned them to CD in the correct order. I also bought the proper CD when it came out, but the "pirate" version has all the bonus songs and "North" itself, so for completeness it is probably my preferred version!

I will definitely wait until the real version of TDM comes out and not download it this time, although I'm lucky in that the UK version I buy will have "She's Pulling Out The Pin". If I was in the States I might not be so patient.

As for Il Sogno, I think that will be a bargain bin at Christmas job!
Four eyes - one vision
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Im willing to wait along with all you guys - its gonna be wicked!! when is the exact release date please?
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
maria

Post by maria »

I'm waiting, for all the reasons already mentioned.

WHAR, I just want to make this an opportunity to say that you're one of my very favourite posters: your enthusiasm, spontanaeity and positivity is marvellous to behold. There's too few of your like in this world!
oh I just dunno where to begin
A rope leash

Taste the sarcasm?

Post by A rope leash »

I really like maria's posts. Except that last one, I mean.

Waiting makes me feel like a virgin...
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Release date is Sept. 21, I think. If some people don't want to wait, that's cool, but I'd just ask them to refrain from posting spoliers about any album particulars without warning. Maybe the threads title could say "Spoiler" in the title.

Rope, true love waits.
--William Shakespeare
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

I hope this one comes out on time in Canada... I had to wait an extra week for North, and usually have to wait at least that for the reissues.

When I Was Cruel, on the other hand, was in my hands by 1 PM on the date of release in North America.
maria

Post by maria »

:lol: so THAT'S the reason for the leash!
oh I just dunno where to begin
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

The brother, John, picked up a crude promo copy of US version of this album during the week in a second shop in northern England. That in itself says so much about the public perception of Elvis in these islands nowadays. Out of respect for all your wishes, we'll keep our comments to ourselves until the official release date.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Thanks, but speaking for myself, you don't have to go that far. Just put the word "spoiler" in the thread title. I mean, post what you want, but I certainly appreciate the consideration.
--William Shakespeare
migdd

Post by migdd »

I agree with Noise. Post away, Martin! The agreement was to not listen to the album or snippets thereof prior to it's release. Hopefully, there will be all sorts of pre-release album reviews and other types of "spoilers" here and in the press. Those things just add to the anticipation, as far as I'm concerned.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

I've already lost my Elvis virginity this year, and I've seen him perform these songs live. For goodness sake, martin, speak your mind.

If you can't do it here, where can you do it? :wink:
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Agreed with both of the above. I may not read the spoilers, but anyone who wants to will appreciate all your great contributions to the board. What would we do without the mighty Foyle Brothers?
--William Shakespeare
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

I am in with the 'waiting' club. Remember when we HAD to wait?