Delivery Man - track listing?

Pretty self-explanatory
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

I've seen it advertised a few times in the back of music magazines as a 'limited 2 disc tour edition'...so I think it's safe to say, that for the UK at least, EVERY copy will have 2 discs.
It happened with North, and I can't realistically see Il Sogno selling as 'many' copies as that.
normabuel

Post by normabuel »

Migdd asked: "Where's She's Pulling OUt the Pin?" Here is an excerpt taken from http://www.costellonews.com explaining:

""She's Pulling Out the Pin" is a classic piece of Costello lyrical imagery, twinning the plight of the female suicide bomber with that of the pole dancer letting down her hair. Costello says the song "juxtaposes the most heartless part of our culture and the most desperate part of another culture. Two women's fates. It's just a bald telling of it. It doesn't have a judgement. They're both desperate, dead-end jobs," he says. Interestingly, this song will not be on the US version of the album because, he says, "it slows the flow". Might it also be that any hint of understanding of the plight of "terrorists" is too contentious an idea for the US?"

Does anyone know if this song will be included on the UK version of the disc? Also, those of you who have heard the song, would it be worth it for me (and other US fans) to try and get a UK import if it is on it?
Last edited by normabuel on Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

You could always order it, relatively cheaply, from amazon.co.uk....
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

Here's the UK t/listing on amazon uk

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI ... 73-6463846

1. Button My Lip
2. Country Darkness
3. There's A Story In Your Voice feat Lucinda Williams
4. Either Side of the Same Town
5. Bedlam
6. The Delivery Man
7. Monkey to Man
8. Nothing Clings Like Ivy feat Emmylou Harris
9. The Name of This Thing Is Not Love
10. Heart Shaped Bruise feat Emmylou Harris
11. She's Pulling Out The Pin
12. Needle Time
13. The Judgement
14. The Scarlet Tide feat Emmylou Harris
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

She's Pulling Out The Pin is obviously too sensitive for your delicate American ears.

I wonder if there'll be a Cruel Smile type release. Il Delivery Sogno perhaps.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

The Japanese edition will have an additional track , as well as 'Pin. It will be The Monkey, presumably a cover of the Bartholemew track.

Sorry cant paste a link - am in net cafe with limited functions.
stormwarning

Post by stormwarning »

johnfoyle wrote:The Japanese edition will have an additional track , as well as 'Pin. It will be The Monkey, presumably a cover of the Bartholemew track
Oh. That's nice, I suppose. The problem with the extra Japanese tracks is that the track is often completely out of context. The extra tracks on White Blood Cells and Elephant (to name just two) were more than welcome, but adding an extra track to The Streets latest concept album just didn't make sense.

So on the back of The Scarlet Tide, I'll get a track that begins with the lines "Now, three monkeys sat in a coconut tree..".

Of course I'll get it, but the first thing I'll do is make a copy without the monkeys.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Speaking of Japanese editions, has anyone got the Japanese edition of North with Too Blue on it?

If so what's it like?

Impatience doesn't really fit with the album and I was wondering if Too Blue does.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
stormwarning

Post by stormwarning »

I think I have that track but I can't remember. I haven't played North since the first week of its release.

I'll check when I get home.
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

"Too Blue" is jazzy and uptempo. It sounds slightly less unlike the rest of NORTH than "Impatience." But no, it doesn't really fit in either.