Yet Another Very Best of Album...

Pretty self-explanatory
verbal gymnastics

Yet Another Very Best of Album...

Post by verbal gymnastics »

...in case you missed the others.

http://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalo ... 4-1100-COS

And the difference between this one and the last one?

Answers on a messageboard to this address.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

....completists the world over sigh 'there goes another 15 quid!'...

'I want to vanish' is on there though...interesting! Thought Tear of your own head/45/When I was cruel might have been on there this time round.
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

Unless I'm missing something, this is exactly the same as the old one but with a different cover.
John

Post by John »

ANCT, you're not missing anything - this is the same as the compilation I bought a few years ago. This being repackaged and re-released was mentioned some time ago but I wouldn't have thought now would be the time with two new albums due. Surely best ofs are better released when you have nothing new to put out? Packaging doesn't look much good either.
It was as much of the alphabet as I knew how to use.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Amazon Uk has this re-issue being released a month earlier than the other link featured here. I daresay its something to do with renewing a copyright or something.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI ... 53-8922205

The Very Best of Elvis Costello
Elvis Costello

This item will be released on August 16, 2004. You may order it now and we will dispatch it to you when we receive it from our supplier.

Audio CD (August 16, 2004)

Number of Discs:2
Label: Umtv
ASIN: B00001ZTYY
Catalogue Number: 5464902
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

John wrote:ANCT, you're not missing anything - this is the same as the compilation I bought a few years ago. This being repackaged and re-released was mentioned some time ago but I wouldn't have thought now would be the time with two new albums due. Surely best ofs are better released when you have nothing new to put out? Packaging doesn't look much good either.
I think this release kind of 'celebrates' his 50th birthday. The new releases, his birthday and the big Imposters tour will certainly augment interest in his albums.

I seem to remember that there would be also a 'Best Of - DVD' that would come out together with this 2CD.

Does anyone knows more about a DVD release?
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
Nuts

Post by Nuts »

The reason that they're re-doing an Elvis best of so soon after the last one is that it's exactly the same except for the front cover. Apparently the designers never got permission from the photographer when they put together the artwork for the last best of, so they had to pay out a lot of money and put together a new design, hence the new cover. Shame they couldn't have put a bit more thought into it, still, I think I know who designed it and they haven't got a lot of thought in them!
The Gentleman

Post by The Gentleman »

Nuts wrote:The reason that they're re-doing an Elvis best of so soon after the last one is that it's exactly the same except for the front cover. Apparently the designers never got permission from the photographer when they put together the artwork for the last best of, so they had to pay out a lot of money and put together a new design, hence the new cover. Shame they couldn't have put a bit more thought into it, still, I think I know who designed it and they haven't got a lot of thought in them!
I suppose it's possible it will at least use the superior masterings of these songs found on the Rhino releases (of the songs here, only the KING OF AMERICA tracks haven't been given the Rhino treatment yet), though it'll likely be identical to the original that used the Ryko/Demon masterings from the early 90's.