IT IS SO DAMN QUIET HERE TONIGHT...

Pretty self-explanatory
Jackson Doofster

IT IS SO DAMN QUIET HERE TONIGHT...

Post by Jackson Doofster »

I'm off to bed!
"But they can't hold a candle to the reciprical war crimes which have plagued our policy of foriegn affairs."
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Good night!
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Well shoot, it's only dinner time here, but g'night, PFKAJM...

:cry:
A rope leash

AHHBORKABORKABORKABORKABORKA

Post by A rope leash »

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark
barkabarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark...

...and on into the night...sleep tight.
Jackson Doofster

The doofster has arisen and is once again prowling the internet in search of EC titbits, Spurs news and a nice 2 week winter holiday in Lanzarote.

Off to work for the morning and then I'm playing golf in Essex with my dad. Best get the sun cream out....still a little burnt from yesterday..

Tune in later for more mundane doofster talk.
"But they can't hold a candle to the reciprical war crimes which have plagued our policy of foriegn affairs."
shabbydoll

Post by shabbydoll »

I have two weeks in a lovely 2 bedroom timeshare in Costa Teguise that I need to get rid of this year, can't afford to go after moving. It has a dishwasher and washing machine, and it is in the first two weeks of October, so anyone interested should PM me.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

It's a bright sunny morning in (well, near) London. I hope you slept well JD (as well as all of you) and look forward to snippets and scandal this week!

I was watching an old EC compilation at the weekend (whilst ploughing through three weeks worth of ironing!!) and saw some classic stuff. Does anybody remember a UK programme called the Switch from about 1983? They had EC and the DISTRACTIONS playing live (EIWTB/Let them all talk/Charm School fact fans!).

I also laughed out loud again when watching EC&TA's dancing on the promo video of "I can't stand up".

But my favourite clip was ICSUFFD on the Kenny Everett show when EC was harnessed onto a bit of wire and was picked up and swung round! Marvellous stuff! Has anybody else seen this just to prove I'm not making it up!!
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
PlaythingOrPet

Post by PlaythingOrPet »

Is this the inane chatter thread? Ok then...

VG - I thought EC was swung aroung on Top Of The Pops? I knew he was on the Kenny Everett show but I didn't know that happened to him! God I thought Everett was the funniest guy on TV when I was younger.

Was looking through my sister's new boyfriend's record collection when Imperial Bedroom, Trust, King Of America AND The Juliet Letters were staring me in the face! Big long discussion on the superior merits of Trust over IB. I've never met him before and I think I may just like him.

The people who run the London Tube are all wankers. But we've known that for years.

Come and say hello if anyone's passing through Regent's Park today.
Smallfaces1

Post by Smallfaces1 »

you don't know the meaning of the word quiet! i was still hanging around in elviscostellofans.net for the last month or so! i hadn't read the "new board" thread so i was wondering where everyone had gone!
verbal gymnastics

It's all a conspiracy I tells ya!
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

As long as we're rambling, can I ask you (Doof or any of you) if you have any idea what is appropriate for a gal to wear to an evening wedding in Ireland? Cause here, I'd wear black, but someone told me that's not done there. It's not black or white tie.
lipstickvogue

Post by lipstickvogue »

Doof,
You a Yid? (Spurs)
it's always another day after twelve o'clock's struck
Jackson Doofster

Oh Yes LV...I surely am..... and I have suffered for it I can tell you.

SMM........sorry, haven't a clue. Something nice i guess. :P
verbal gymnastics

SelfMadeMug - wear something nice and don't upstage the bride with your gorgeousness!
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

VG you're too sweet. The bride is my little sis!! And she IS gorgeous and entirely unupstagable.

See, normally I know what to wear to a wedding, but my Mom has this idea that it's considered immodest to wear black to an Irish wedding. About 60% of the things she says of this ilk are utter bullshit, but I always have to watch out for that 40% of the time when she's right. Well, I think I will just dress as I would for an American wedding...

Thanks!
verbal gymnastics

Well, I don't know what the weather's like or when the wedding is, but you wouldn't be wanting to wear black anyway whilst it's this hot!

It's about 29 degrees at the moment in/near London.

Good luck whenever it is.

VG (recently married, long time happy)
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

LIPSTICKV: A yid? A yid is a jewish person....what makes you think all spurs fans are jews? I am a lifelong spurs girl through and through from north London but im not jewish, although I think the powers that run the Spurs side all are judging by the amount they spend on players :lol:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
lipstickvogue

Post by lipstickvogue »

umm.. I'm a Tottenam fan - and I'm, if anything formally, an American of Buddhist thought...nevermind...sorry if I offended :blush: I assumed Doof would know what I meant (it's not an anti-Semitic comment).

(**small addition)
The players are "Spurs" and the fans are called "Yids" historically, aren't they? Am I all wet here?
it's always another day after twelve o'clock's struck
Jackson Doofster

I knew what you meant LV. I am not Jewish but I am still, happy to be called a 'Yid'. No offence taken.

Traditional name but very inaccurate. There is as big a Jewish following of Arsenal and West Ham.

"Yiddddooooos"
PlaythingOrPet

Post by PlaythingOrPet »

Come on people! I'm ill, I have nothing better to do. Entertain me!
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

oh, poor bunny!!!

okay, i'll bite. this is my journal entry for today. maybe later i'll even copy and past it into my live journal.

(and why isn't this in the annex anyway? i guess i'll have to be somewhat on topic, damn.)

sitting drinking scotch now. not that i'm a drunk, but i have decided that today i don't really need to do anything around the house (which is a lie, but i've decided to believe the lie) so i've tried the scotch my buds brought back for me. the glengoyne is very nice. the caol ila is vile.

got impreial bedroom on the boombox. there. on topic. town cryer is almost over, so i shall need to put on the bonus disk in a moment.

saw the eels friday night. very nice. bought shootenanny too, per recommendations here. mc honky opened up. silly, but i blissed out and scootched down in my chair and shut my eyes. disco ball too. too much sparkle for me at that particular moment. then, chair dancing for the eels. fun! Mr. E. worked pretty hard, i like that in a performer.

ooh! i put IB on infinite replay! Beyond Belief is my new fav EC song. i could listen to that over and over. i think i'll reprogram the cd player to do just that.

i hope this was some entertainment value. your poppet.
... name the stars and constellations,
count the cars and watch the seasons....
HungupStrungup

great, and unexpected

Post by HungupStrungup »

. . . and I got to hear "Beyond Belief" live this year!
"But it's a dangerous game that comedy plays
Sometimes it tells you the truth
Sometimes it delays it"
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

It seems to me (having seen Eels a month ago) that MC Honky is E himself. Even at the Dublin show when Eels finished their set, they brought MC Honky out to take a bow, but it's an Andy Kaufman-Tony Clifton thing...

DrJ
Tlentifini Maarhaysu
verbal gymnastics

PlaythingOrPet wrote:Come on people! I'm ill, I have nothing better to do. Entertain me!
Before I give you sympathy, is your illness self-inflicted or is it genuine?

Or is it that you're sick because you've finished your travels?
Poppet

Re: great, and unexpected

Post by Poppet »

HungupStrungup wrote:. . . and I got to hear "Beyond Belief" live this year!
so did I - it was my first time hearing the song. so, in retrospect, it's not quite so momentous, i didn't know what i was hearing, but i liked it.

oh well. another tour. one of my wishes is to follow EC around and see every gig. like a deadhead, but for EC. wonder what that would be called, other than somewhat insane?
... name the stars and constellations,
count the cars and watch the seasons....