BOSTON SHOW - too lame to have the setlist

Pretty self-explanatory
selfmademug

BOSTON SHOW - too lame to have the setlist

Post by selfmademug »

Yeah, that'd be me, I was just too caught up to write a proper setlist, but here's what I've got.

And, before I get to that, may I say, it was great to meet Poppet and her pal Carl, and to see Whtsde again, and to hang out with a lot of other folks, most especially the folks who helped me upgrade my ticket, and, last but not at all least, the very yummy Mark.

These are mostly out of order, cause I was entirely out of order:

WAITING FOR THE END OF THE WORLD
BEYOND BELIEF
SULKY GIRL
EVERY DAY I WRITE THE BOOK
EVERYBODY'S CRYING MERCY (order has already gone all to hell here, but some damn impressive blues guitar from E on ECM)
CLUBLAND
CLOWN STRIKE
LESS THAN ZERO
YOU TURNED TO ME
DETECTIVES
PUMP IT UP
YOUR FUNERAL & MY TRIAL (see yold ya the order was a mess! I am just writing this down in the order of scraps of paper I pull from my pocket...)
SWEET DREAMS
I CAN'T STAND UP FOR FALLING DOWN
UNCOMPLICATED
DOLL REV (yes, with SN on Ther.)
DEEP DARK TRUTHFUL MIRROR
I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY NOW
MAN OUT OF TIME
SHIPBUILDING
(WSF'B) PL&U

Okay, so there are more accurate setlists out there... I was dancing, what can I say?!?! I was in the 2nd row, and as per usual he encouraged foks to rush the stage about halfway through, so I was right up there.

PS-- I brought a PRINTED PAGE from this site to have him sign, but he zipped out of the venue in (eew) an SUV and didn't stop and hang with us stalkers.

I did nothing but brag and yak about you guys all night (well, when E wasn't singing anyway)-- I was like a first-time grandma with a sheaf of photos... Y'all really are the very coolest folks evah (as we say here in Bahstan).
sulkygirl
Location: The Absolute Armpit of the USA--Yakima, Washington (***cough***)

Post by sulkygirl »

***blush***

Mug, I'm so very flattered (as should be y'all)...

--Robin

:oops:
"Love can be stranger than fiction..."
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

it was fun. it wasw lovely. it was wonderful. i danced and danced and danced.

wheeeeee!

mug is lovely in person, as is 'she whose board name i did not catch'.

i was way in the back. couldn't see steve nieve most of the time. praise be for the projection screens.

theremin!!!! kick ass guitar! excellent drumwork!

those of you at providence, have fun. waaahh!

best to all, your poppet
whtesde

Post by whtesde »

Good show, though maybe not a great one; Mr. Elvis seems happy. Chris Robinson was meh. It's always great to see Ms. Mug, and Poppet is charming, as is her friend (and my high school math teacher!)
Boy With A Problem

Post by Boy With A Problem »

Lotsa fun last night - nice weather, nice buzz and a very satisfying show from Elvis. Sorry I missed the gang, we didn't leave the house until 6:30 and myfriend wanted to catch the beginning of the ballgame, so we were parked at Jimmy's Harborside and missed all of Chris Robinson.

Highlights for me were "Just About Glad" and "Complicated Shadows" - nice "Jumpin' Jack Flash" riff at the end of Shadows. I liked the toy piano mix in "Pump It Up". Very cool that Elvis came out holding a Red Sox jersey with his name on the back - he should have put it on.

Looking forward to Lupo's tonight.
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Sorry we missed you, Boy; I expect a full Providence report tonight. It was great seeing Poppet & Ms. Whtesde, who were incredibly sweet and very tolerant of my extraordinarily punchy state, and I met a bunch of other lovely folks as well, including some fellow Jersey girls and a London exile (who together got me my awsome ticket) plus the aforementioned Mark. And, I almost forgot-- I met three 15 yr-old girls, so cute I don't dare describe them for fear of setting off inappropriate comments, who were just starstruck, trying to get into the show. They didn't have tickets, they didn't have much money, they didn't even know how they were going to get home (though they were dropped off by some parental-looking people, so I didn't actually fear for their safety). If they manage to get here to the board, I'm sorry my attempts to bring you in on my ticket scheme didn't materialize, and I hope you got in!!

How frikkin awesome was it to see Elvis get that Sox jersey!!?! I hope he wears it... especially to his New York dates!! (Course, he'd need Paddy around for that, and maybe additional armed backup, as well.)

I was sad and a bit worried not to see Narby, cause I was looking for him very actively as soon as I got in and knew I had some time to kill. I hope his health has not brought him so low that he can't get out to see Elvis.

As for the show, Elvis was definitely in a less goofy mood than last summer, but I don't have a problem with that-- I thought it was a really charged performance, musically. I do wonder if he wasn't a bit pissed that the venue hadn't sold out-- tickets were going cheap on the street, so fucking depressing--and so it may even be a much better night for Elvis and the fans tonight in Providence. Would that I could go, thanks, Lynda, for the great offer... wish I could take you up on it. *beating skull with fists*

In any case, it was a blast-- can't believe some of the greaties I left off my (bleary-minded) set clump, can't really call it a list... JUST ABOUT GLAD hit me particularly hard. Can a pop song get much better than that? I posit NO.

I hope all the lovely folks on this board get a chance to see him on this go-round!
MadamX

Post by MadamX »

Hey Mug! You really shoulda come to Providence, but what the hell. It was fun meeting you! I've been recuperating from surgery, so I haven't gotten a chance to check out this site until now. Take care!! mx
shabbydoll

Post by shabbydoll »

And the UK fans stay quiet, because obviously we have fallen out of favour, no tour for us. Such is life.
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

It's awful, Shabbs... surely he's got to be announcing dates soon. Will jump up and down with glee for y'all when he does...

MX-- great to see you here! Hope all is well. You guys were a blast.

Signed,

Middle-of-the-night Mug