AARRGGGGHHH!!

Pretty self-explanatory
Gillibeanz

AARRGGGGHHH!!

Post by Gillibeanz »

Well i've read all your comments on the lyrics to the forthcoming album and i've just listened to 'you Turn To Me'. So far and ive got to say it - im not impressed :(

I'm not going to pass judgement until i've heard the whole album in the context its meant to be listened in at least half a dozen times, but im afraid.....very afraid.........

*wanders off to scrub her tongue with carbolic soap and sandpaper and stand herself face to the wall for being blasphemous*
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

gilli, it's okay. i completely understand.

you needn't wash out the mouth. but withholding judgement is probably wise. there's now way of knowing what it will be until we get to hear it all.

maybe it will be great?
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

I've just listened to it three times. It's all good. Bring it on EC!!!!!!!!!

DrJ
Tlentifini Maarhaysu
Watching_Detectives

Post by Watching_Detectives »

It's ok, Gilli, I didn't like WIWC at first, but I came to love it. I hope I can say the same for North...
It nearly took a mircacle to get you to stay
It only took my little finger to blow you away.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

I like it... it seems very jazz-influenced... wouldn't sound too far off on a Chet Baker album. At the same time, the vocals are very much like some of the more mellow songs on All This Useless Beauty.
Jackson Doofster

Post by Jackson Doofster »

I haven't heard it yet, but BC's description excites me. I love the mellow stuff on ATUB.
"But they can't hold a candle to the reciprical war crimes which have plagued our policy of foriegn affairs."
Jackson Doofster

Post by Jackson Doofster »

Well, I have now followed the Janice Long thread and heard 'You Turn to Me'. It's beautiful and I love it. If you're after Pump it Up, forget it. If you love Almost Blue and I want to Vanish, you'll be in your element. It's simply gorgeous and I keep going back for another listen.
"But they can't hold a candle to the reciprical war crimes which have plagued our policy of foriegn affairs."
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

I'M AT WORK AND IT WON'T LET ME LISTEN!

"Streaming Media is Filtered"

The man is holding me down! :evil:
Loving this board since before When I Was Cruel.
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

JACKSON: ATUB is one of my fav albums too....and I love the mellow stuff, - but this track did not excite me like a new listening of an Elvis song usually does. I know tracks grow on you through continued listening , but you know its something special when you hear it for the very first time and think 'WOW'! This did not do it for me im afraid.........very wishy washy and forgettable!. :(

Still lets not get all depressed......maybe the rest is ace!! :D
COME ON YOU SPURS!!