misc. pics of e.c.

Pretty self-explanatory
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

The first link doesn`t seem to come out..so here it is in print form...and it`s surely the bizzarest of the lot!

jillbeast

Little Hands of Concrete?

Post by jillbeast »

When in the world did he give handprints for a walk of fame?? He's not on the Hollywood Walk of fame, so what could it be...plus they give out stars, not handprints! :-) Maybe that was when he was in Hollywood for the show in 2002 at the Ford theatre? Very odd, and funny that he used gloves...little hands of concrete indeed!

Jill
verbal gymnastics

Re: Little Hands of Concrete?

Post by verbal gymnastics »

jillbeast wrote:Very odd, and funny that he used gloves...little hands of concrete indeed!

Jill
:lol:
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://www.walkoffame.nl/engels/index.html

As this shortened version of the original link shows , this `Fame thingy is in Rotterdam - I seem to remember some reference to this around the time of a Elvis `n The Imps. show there in late 2002.
Ron

Re: Little Hands of Concrete

Post by Ron »

Hi all,

I'm new to this list so excuse when I make some mistakes.
I can help you out with this burning question though.
The picture was taken on October 13th 2003 when EC visited Rotterdam for a show at "De Doelen". The whole thing about the Walk Of Fame Europe is no big deal really. Some companies who have an interest in promoting the (indeed wonderful) town of Rotterdam had this idea of asking "famous stars" performing in Rotterdam to put their hands into liquid concrete. Once dried people then could walk about the pavement.
I'll have a look soon if the EC tile is already placed so I can make a picture of it and share it with you all. Another (b/w) picture of EC posing for the WAF was printed in the december 2003 issue of the ECIS fazine.

Btw the Rotterdam show was great and I'm looking foward to see him perform with The Metropole Orchestra at the North Sea Jazz Festival in The Hague on July 8th 2004!!

Cheers,
Ron
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

July 8?

damn! he's gonna be w/ the same group at Avery Fisher Hall, NYC, July 13. hope they've got time to all get un-jetlagged and acclimate to the performance hall.

now if only tickets would go on sale! i plan on being in nyc for the whole week, for all three shows. :D

welcome aboard Ron!
... name the stars and constellations,
count the cars and watch the seasons....
clairequilty

Re: Little Hands of Concrete?

Post by clairequilty »

jillbeast wrote:When in the world did he give handprints for a walk of fame?? He's not on the Hollywood Walk of fame, so what could it be...plus they give out stars, not handprints! :-) Maybe that was when he was in Hollywood for the show in 2002 at the Ford theatre? Very odd, and funny that he used gloves...little hands of concrete indeed!

Jill
Sorry to say Jillbeast but you are clearly mistaken. That photo shows Elvis sheepishly taking his hands out of Oprah's 50th Birthday cake.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Just found a new collection of Elvis photos -

http://www.musicpictures.com/pictures_n ... 20COSTELLO

including these additional Walk Of Fame photos