wife not so excited about going to EC / SN concert

Pretty self-explanatory
Goody2Shoes

Post by Goody2Shoes »

Mrs. Swung--I am so pleased that you would have rather taken me than your man of the house, but Tuesdays are just bad for me!

Mr. Altruistic2Shoes is always invited along when ticket-buying happens, but he has never taken me up on the offer. There is some stuff he likes, Trust in particular, but he always says, and he is probably right, that I would have a much better time if I went with someone who cared more.

He has never criticized EC to my face, except to say that he does not care for MLAR. He is otherwise silent. On that subject, anyway.

And yes, we have taken separate vacations on a number of occasions and it is never awkward.
It's a radiation vibe I'm groovin' on
JohnE

Post by JohnE »

I now go to Elvis concerts by myself, as wife is not interested. I think it works well as I can do what I want, such as wait for him to come out at the stage door. Also it is often easy to get a good single seat than a double.

I don't see why so many people who are Elvis fands have to go with someone. After all, I am going to see Elvis perform and I will be spending the whole time watching him. For people who are not big fans, only going out for a good night then I can understand that they want to go with someone.
Tryin' to look Italian through the musical Valium.
The Elvis Costello Home Page: http://www.elviscostello.info
AlmostBlue

Post by AlmostBlue »

interesting.. I guess you want to bring your wife because you are spending money and possibly baby-sitting time.. and also because you want to share..

on the other hand those with kids get to save money thatwould be used on sitters.

I can't see going to a film or a play without my wife..

But for a conert, I guess she will just think I am a groupie going through a mid life crisis
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

I've seen Elvis six times now, and four of those times I've gone by myself. I just wouldn't want to go with someone who wasn't as excited about it as I was; it would diminish my enjoyment.

I got really used to going to concerts alone when I was in Paris, because none of my friends shared my taste in music (or had ay sense of adventure, musically), and basically, it breaks down like this: if the music is good enough, it doesn't matter a whit if you're with somebody. If not, you really really really need to have a friend with you.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Gee, I'm feeling pretty lucky right about now - since I am a converted Elvis fan and DrS being such a long-time fan, we get a real kick out of going together. We're each as obsessed with Elvis as the other so it works out well.

And the kids are old enough to take care of themselves while we're gone to a show now, as they well proved last week, so we're not even out babysitting money anymore.

Moody, Mr. Swung seemed tolerant enough. I'm not sure why he won't let you go alone. Maybe he likes your board friends enough to keep showing up now. :)
sulkygirl
Location: The Absolute Armpit of the USA--Yakima, Washington (***cough***)

Post by sulkygirl »

Great to be back...

My hubby isn't a big fan, but he would NEVER tolerate me going alone to ANYTHING....

Am dragging him to the Benaroya Hall show (University of Washington Campus) next Monday.

Maybe he'll become a convert at that point...
"Love can be stranger than fiction..."