DUST
JUST ABOUT GLAD/ALISON
MAN OUT OF TIME
EITHER SIDE OF THE SAME TOWN
UNCOMPLICATED
TART/DEEP DARK TRUTHFUL MIRROR
PUMP IT UP/SCARLET TIDE/P.L.U.

I know that he added the Dark Side of the Street after Either Side of the
Same Town and that he didn't play Tart as far as I can remember. (Yes, I'm happy to have scored a setlist, and Pete's drumstick, and finally from the bartender, Elvis's guitar pick---I think I should have bought a lottery ticket last night)

Just Jinger wasn an opening act for Dashboard Confessional. I liked them. I found that I don't like Dashboard Confessional.

It was a great time, I am happy to have shared time with everyone!!

Bobster, nice as always. Mr. Average, a very nice man!!

Oh, and Jillbeast turns out to not be such a beast....she was tossed the
guitar pick for DC, and she gave it to one of the DC fans who was really nice,
this is after Jill and man moved out of the way, so that they could get up front
to watch their band, then they switched back......she's a sweetie folks.
Don't let the beast part lead ya on!!

Great show...... :)

Misha
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Glad to hear the concert was a success, and that you scored a setlist!

Has EC ever played "Honey Are You Straight" with the Imposters?
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
lapinsjolis

Post by lapinsjolis »

A drumstick and pick? How great! It couldn't happen to a more enthusiastic person.
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."
SoLikeCandy

Post by SoLikeCandy »

Blue--if memory serves me right, he played "Honey Are You Straight" in Indy in October 2002. I think. It seemed like he was playing an awful lot of obscure stuff. You could tell who were the hardcore fans because as soon as he started playing it, the hardcores cheered and roared and the newbies looked confused...it was awesome... :lol:
If there's one thing you can say about mankind--there's nothing kind about man
Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average »

The show was remarkable in the brilliance of the seque's from song to song. I know this is trademark for an EC/Attractions/Imposters performance, but I thought that the intensity stayed high throughout directly as a function of the 'seamless' transitions between songs. Hell, it was hard enough for us to catch our breath from song to song in the audience. I don't know how the band can continue at that pace without taking a break!

Of course, the flip side of the fact that one song flowed seamlessly into the next was that the show was devoid of any real commentary from Elvis...something that I look forward to because of the wit, humor, and presence of Elvis from the stage. But he said little...if anything. No song introductions that I can recall. No quips about the Imposters. He yelled out an obligate "ELLLL- LAAAAAAYYYYY" and introduced the band. Other than that, I cannot recall any other spoken word other than those resident on the lyric sheet.

I agree with Misha's appreciation for the opening acts. Dashboard admitted to a high respect for EC, but an even higher respect for Michael Stipe, after which he payed and played homage to Stipe by playing two songs either written by Stipe or co-written with him. They had an obvious REM feel to them. Okay, move on.

The atmosphere was a bit sterile, as there were images of rotating Amex cards everywhere, free drinks courtesy of Amex (okay, maybe that part was okay), Amex ladies dressed in the very chic colors of their latest credit card offering, etc. The event was clearly recorded for some reason or another, with two camera operators always on/around the stage, and a 'mobile'-crane based camera that swooped out over the crowd for some very nice shots of the band during the performance.

Remarkable things about the playlist for me:
1. He played Beyond Belief. I was happy after that, and could have called it a night, as it is my all time single favorite EC song.
2. He played an extended version of "Pump it up"...probably at least 12 minutes long. That was a little strange, but it certainly captivated much of the younger audience left over from DC.

As usual, the band was relentless in their pursuit of a strong show.

Highpoint of the evening was meeting great personalities like Misha, Bobster, and GilliBeast. I don't think I met Coffee table. You learn a lot about people when you stand in line with them for a few hours. I feel fortunate to have made the acquaintance of each of them.

Special thanks to Misha for securing the ticket for me. I hope to return the favor someday. Call her about her stock picks for the month of February. She definitely has a swell of good luck around her...
"The smarter mysteries are hidden in the light" - Jean Giono (1895-1970)
Paul B

Post by Paul B »

Sounds great you lucky people. I seem to remember Honey Are You Straight coming up at the London Astoria on the first WWIC Imposters shows, but I may be wrong.
E.C. Lover

Post by E.C. Lover »

It sounds fantastic! I wish I could have been there.
Misha

Post by Misha »

The only thing Mr. Average left out was when Elvis asked for requests and let everyone shout for a second or two and then said..

"Oh, yeah, I forgot we don't take requests."

He was a pistol.

I forgot to mention the 10-day version of Pump It Up.....It was fun!!

Can't wait to do it again everyone!!

:D Misha
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
VonOfterdingen

Post by VonOfterdingen »

Hello... :D

Well I´m new on this site, but I have just seen that L.A. concert (on stream) and it was nothing less than brilliant.

It reminded me of his gig with Steve Nieve in Denmark in november 2003 only this time it was plugged. Is there a bootleg copy anywhere?

"seen the bottom of a lot of glasses, but he´d never seen love so near"
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Paul B wrote:I seem to remember Honey Are You Straight coming up at the London Astoria on the first WWIC Imposters shows, but I may be wrong.
Paul - I think you are wrong. I don't remember him doing it at the Astoria.

I'm more than just about glad you all had a great time.

Roll on a UK Imposters tour!
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?