Elvis on Grammys, also re-routing tour dates?

Pretty self-explanatory
BlueChair

Elvis on Grammys, also re-routing tour dates?

Post by BlueChair »

Beatles, Zevon tributes at Grammys
By JANE STEVENSON
Toronto Sun
Two special segments acknowledging The Beatles' first appearance on Ed Sullivan 40 years ago and the late singer-songwriter Warren Zevon are among the latest Grammy performances announced for Sunday night's show (8 p.m., CBS/Global) at the Staples Centre in Los Angeles.

Sting, Dave Matthews, Vince Gill and The Neptunes' Pharrell Williams are part of The Fab Four tribute.

Jackson Browne, Emmylou Harris, Eagles member Timothy B. Schmit, Billy Bob Thornton, Dwight Yoakam, and Jorge Calderon make up the Zevon segment. Zevon's adult children, Arial and Jordan, will also make an appearance.

Other just-announced performers are Prince, Beyonce and the Black Eyed Peas, who will join previously announced performer Justin Timberlake for their nominated song, Where Is The Love?

(This despite a New York Post report yesterday that CBS is moving to bounce Timberlake and Janet Jackson, an unconfirmed presenter, from the Grammys if they discover the duo conspired to expose her breast during the Super Bowl half-time show.)

Elvis Costello is also believed to be a late addition to the Grammy performing line-up, although it's not yet been confirmed, after he rerouted his tour, which included moving his Toronto date at Massey Hall from Feb. 28 to March 15.

Meawhile, new presenters are Britney Spears, country artist Keith Urban, Baby Face and Joshua Bell. (More on the 2004 Grammys)
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
legman open to offers

Post by legman open to offers »

Chicago changed from 3/1 to 3/16, from the Oriental Theatre to Ford Center. Is this old news that I missed?
Now I'm the invisible man, and you can't see me.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

The Toronto date change only was announced today.. so I suspect he recently decided to do this. Seems like a weird move. I wonder what's up.

I urge anybody going to see Elvis to check http://www.elviscostello.com to make sure their date hasn't been changed. It seems that the site now reflects the date changes.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

I wonder if Elvis will expose his nipple 'by accident'?
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

Tuesday March 16?!?!? Don't alter my schedule!! :(
Loving this board since before When I Was Cruel.
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

E4 will be showing a 1 hour 40 minute version Feb 12 at 11PM,
http://www.channel4.com/listings/E4/ind ... position=6
cbartal

Post by cbartal »

legman open to offers wrote:Chicago changed from 3/1 to 3/16, from the Oriental Theatre to Ford Center. Is this old news that I missed?

This is partially true. The Ford Center is the Oriental, though. No venue change.

Let's still all get together for this one; anybody coming to Chicago, that is.

Look at it this way, 15 days can make a world of difference with Chicago whether as it is. Heck, it could be up into the 20's by that time! I'm wearing shorts to the show.
legman open to offers

Post by legman open to offers »

Thanks for the clarification. Not up to speed on my Chicago venues. I may try to make this one. Getting impatient waiting for new tour info.
Now I'm the invisible man, and you can't see me.
HolyCoatAndHat

Post by HolyCoatAndHat »

Got my tickets in the mail for the Oriental Theater show last Thursday!!! They still say March 1, so I assume they were printed before they changed the date. Did everyone else get their tickets for the Chicago show?
chase

Post by chase »

laughingcrow wrote:I wonder if Elvis will expose his nipple 'by accident'?

accidents will happen...