Dear Santa

Pretty self-explanatory
Misha

Dear Santa

Post by Misha »

Dear Santa,

After having seen a replay of the Musicians piece on Bravo I have this item to add to my list...

EC states that he doesn't want to insult his audience by doing the same stuff all the time, and I'm good with that, but I believe he has egregiously missed something.

There is no EC Xmas album. Maybe now that he's hitched, could you have a chat with the two of them to give us an extremely hip and sultry Xmas album for next year? I would hate for both of their careers to not be as full as they could be. It would be a traumatic oversight written about by unauthorized biographers for centuries to come.

Oh, and I changed my mind about the bike and the legos....I would rather have money.

Merry Christmas,
Misha
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
A rope leash

Post by A rope leash »

Dear Santa,

Please do not listen to Misha. I don't know her well, but she's probably on your "bad" list, just like me.

The last thing Elvis and the Earth need is a Christmas album. The Laws of Nature forbid it!

You know I don't ask for much, Santa, but please, please, do not let this happen!

Signed,

A very good boy...really!
Watching_Detectives

Post by Watching_Detectives »

I think a Christmas album is low. Elvis should never be in the same catagory as Barry Manilow...
It nearly took a mircacle to get you to stay
It only took my little finger to blow you away.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Oh god... I think I'd have a hard enough time dealing with Elvis doing a Christmas song let alone an entire Christmas album.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
Misha

Post by Misha »

Oh, alright...

Dear Santa,

Please delete earlier message, I'm afraid I hit the eggnog a bit hard....
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

But he would also be in the same category as The Blind Boys of Alabama.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

noiseradio wrote:But he would also be in the same category as The Blind Boys of Alabama.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Well, he should have been on their christmas album that they just put recently then. :D
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

That's a good point. He would have fit right in. Tom Waits is on there, as is Solomon Burke. Solomon Burke is on the Harry Connick, Jr.-pemmed song "I Pray on Christmas," which sounds spectacular with Burke and the blind Boys. Elvis would have been a welcome replacement for Meshelle N'Degocello, who sort of rap whispers O Come All Ye Faithful while the blind Boys sing the carol in the background. It's very bad. But the rest of the disc is so very very good.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
bobster

Post by bobster »

Actually, I dig the idea of an EC/DK Xmas album.

But then, I'm Jewish (though I come from a "Hannukah Bush" kind of a family, if you follow. San...I mean Hanukkah Harry...came every year to my house)...

There is, actually a really interesting connection between Jews living in L.A. and Christmas.

The best selling Christmas song (and for a long, biggest song period) was "White Christmas" -- a song inspired by L.A.'s non-white Xmases written by a Jew, Irving Berlin.

My personal all-time favorite Christmas song, "The Christmas Song" was cowritten by the Jewish Mel Torme (well, I think he the velvet fog was at least part Jewish). Seriously, when I hear the thing I completely melt.

If there's two things secular Jews know well it's Christmas...(also pork and shellfish).
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
cbartal

Post by cbartal »

He already did release a Christmas album!

If you'll remember, The 5 Disc Live Costello and Nieve set came out in December of '96.

Ho Ho

Ho
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Here is the Xmas EP that will be rushed out in the next couple of weeks.

1 Baby Please Come Home (with Cait)
2 Peace Love and Understanding (with Bruce Thomas)
3 Merry Christmas Everybody (with this year's Pap Idol winner)
4 I Saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus (jazz version with Diana Krall)

The sleeve shows Elvis with a woolly jumper, pipe a la Bing Crosby and reindeer antlers giving festive gifts to the above guests.

You heard it here first! Metaphorically speaking of course.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

I dunno about a whole album, but he does seem to be acting out in an atypical manner lately. And noise is 100% correct--EC would fit right in on the Blind Boys album and Meshelle is awful. just awful.

My favorite Christmas albums? I know you all are sitting on pins and needles waiting....Brian Setzer Orchestra, Jimmy Buffett and the Blind Boys of Alabama. For non-grinches only.
Like me, the "g" is silent.
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

cope's xmas wishes

1) Bottle of tequila

2) Mexican whore that can suck the chrome off a trailer hitch.
I'd never leave the house if I had a Gimp
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Bing and Bowie....Little Drummer Boy
The Pogues....Fairy tale in New York

These songs are good xmas songs...why not let Elv have a pop at one. You could even have a 'novelty video' with him in his big glasses and a santa hat, and Steve as an elf.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Talking of Fairytale of New York here is something that I must share with the rest of you. A guy called Ray D'Arcy hosts a radio show on todayfm, an Irish radio station. It was revently his mother's 60th birthday and so he decided to broadcast his show live from his parents kitchen, and Shane MacGowan was invited along as he is his mothers favourite singer. They then did a live version of FoNY with Ray's mum doing the Kirsty part.

Here is a link to the track and below that some pics.
http://www.todayfm.com/audio/RAYSMUM.ram

signed with love and vicious kisses
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

thank you lack!!!!!

that was fun!
... name the stars and constellations,
count the cars and watch the seasons....
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

SLL - that is superb.

My mum's 60 in October 2004. Hmm, that gives me an idea...
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

I could deal with a NORTH-style Christmas tune. Maybe along the lines of Lou Rawls doing HAVE YOURSELF A MERRY LITTLE CHRISTMAS which I just love!

El Vez, am curious if you like that one, or if it makes you puke...!