Beacon show/Ticketmaster woes

Pretty self-explanatory
Pov

Beacon show/Ticketmaster woes

Post by Pov »

I am so p*ssed off at Ticketbastard I could scream! I really got hosed in two ways - one that's not their fault and one that there is.

The one that's not their fault is that, about 2 minutes after I got 2 orchestra seats for my wife and me, she tells me that she invited two friends along! So I had to order 4 more tickets (of we want to sit together) and try to get rid of the first two later. This is where the part that IS their fault comes in:

I go back online and the "best available" set of 4 tix they have together is in the lower balcony. I buy them. About 2 minutes later I go back on and see that they now have orchestra and loge seats in sets of 4, and apparently lots of them!!! :x

I called to complain and to see if I could "upgrade" the 4 that I had. They guy i spoke to, while polite, told me that (i) I could buy 4 MORE of the better ones and contact customer service on Monday to see if they would cancel the first 4 I bought (no guarantees), or (ii) try calling again on Monday and hope that better seats are still available (and that they would be willing to let me switch). I guess I'm sticking with option (ii) for now, given the amounts I've paid for tickets in the last few days I can't risk blowing another $250!. (I also bought 4 tickets for Barenaked Ladies in New Jersey and will probably only need 2).

So, does anyone want to make me an offer for 2 Orchestra seats at the Beacon? :D
Pov

Post by Pov »

Just a follow up. After waiting for a total of about 1/2 an hour on hold for various people, I was able to upgrade to Loge seats, row D. I could have gotten Orchestra Row L, but it would have been all the way over on the side, and besides my friends were already told that the tickets were $60 each.

To give credit where it's due, the customer service people, once I finally reached them, were quite helpful.
cbartal

Post by cbartal »

Yeah,

What the f*ck is up with this "Best Available" bullsh*t that Ticketmaster puts forth?

I got 4 tickets at 30 seconds after the Chicago show went on sale and got the lower balcony.

I know from experience that they probably had/have lots of better seats, they just don't divy them out all at once. This is TOTALLY unfair and F*CKED!!

Once during the MLAR Tour I called Ticketmaster the night before and literally stayed up with the phone ringing all night so that I would be sure to get the best seats available. When 9 am came I got stuck with 30th row.

Whatever they are doing is WRONG, WRONG WRONG!!!
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

Pov- On the bright side, you may see me and pip.
Pov

Post by Pov »

cbartal wrote:Yeah,

What the f*ck is up with this "Best Available" bullsh*t that Ticketmaster puts forth?

I got 4 tickets at 30 seconds after the Chicago show went on sale and got the lower balcony.

I know from experience that they probably had/have lots of better seats, they just don't divy them out all at once. This is TOTALLY unfair and F*CKED!!

Once during the MLAR Tour I called Ticketmaster the night before and literally stayed up with the phone ringing all night so that I would be sure to get the best seats available. When 9 am came I got stuck with 30th row.

Whatever they are doing is WRONG, WRONG WRONG!!!
What really kills me is that when I got in the first time, about 30 seconds after tix went on sale, the best they had was Orchestra row Y. Then about 2 minutes later when I bought the 4 tickets, the best they had were the lower balcony seats. So of course I was thinking that the show was selling out and that I had better act fast! I can go back today, 2 days later, and buy better seats than what were originally available.
Pov

Post by Pov »

miss buenos aires wrote:Pov- On the bright side, you may see me and pip.
That might be fun. I know I missed you at Town Hall.