The Gramercy “10 Club”!

Pretty self-explanatory
Charles

The Gramercy “10 Club”!

Post by Charles »

Considering that these shows are now behind us, I just wanted to send a big shout out to all of the lucky maniacs who were able to attend all of these. As one of those people I can honestly say that I had a truly amazing time and all the shows exceeded my expectations. Not only was I able to experience these amazing shows, I was able to see some old friends and I made some new ones along the way. I love our EC community.
Charles…
Attachments
497693B7-696B-4A54-B04F-D81851018DCE.jpeg
497693B7-696B-4A54-B04F-D81851018DCE.jpeg (191.52 KiB) Viewed 8487 times
JerseyPride78

Re: The Gramercy “10 Club”!

Post by JerseyPride78 »

As someone who only attended 2 shows, I also appreciate you 10-club maniacs for all your insightful commentary here! Looking forward to a Montclair tonight.
Newspaper Pane

Post by Newspaper Pane »

Great to meet you, Charles!

- Mike
Charles

Post by Charles »

Newspaper Pane wrote:Great to meet you, Charles!

- Mike
It was nice meeting you too Mike. Now I can put a face to “Newspaper Pane”.
Hey Woz

Post by Hey Woz »

Charles and the other 10 Club Members. Great to meet you and spend time chatting before and after the shows. I feel truly blessed that I was able to attend Nights 7, 8 and 9. A trip of a lifetime for me and wonderful to be surrounded but such an amazing group of people.
Charles

Post by Charles »

Hey Woz wrote:Charles and the other 10 Club Members. Great to meet you and spend time chatting before and after the shows. I feel truly blessed that I was able to attend Nights 7, 8 and 9. A trip of a lifetime for me and wonderful to be surrounded but such an amazing group of people.

You too!
popguynyc

Post by popguynyc »

Great meeting you too Charles (along with the others throughout the fortnight). It was an awesome ride!
(Right behind you - Taking Liberties!)
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

I am going to chime in here as a scoreboard to say HELLO once more to long time acquaintances and some new chums to that I had the pleasure to say HELLO too once again...including:

Doc Caleb
Bob the Taper
Eric from Texas and
Lori too
Mike Newspaper Lawyer
Cal Ct.
Patrick
Tony BK
Jmm and
Maureen
Dennis Boston
Charles Alaska
Sugo Cali
Susan MM
Clare
Wilma
Michele
Price
Sheva
Amelia
Trevor Monkey
Ken Adian
Mitch and
Alison
Sebastian
Steven
Mumu
Daniel
Diana
Jeff
Stacey
Alex
Last edited by bronxapostle on Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Charles

Post by Charles »

Yes! And Ron, Susan G, Craig, Dave, CharlesD, and the sweet couple from Washington State. Plus, meeting Laura Cantrell on Night 2 was a serious highlight for me. She was super sweet and let me ramble for like 10 minutes.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Yes, that beautiful couple from Waahington would be listed if I recalled their names. Darling folks. Laura Cantrell I would have had to say HELLO too.
Newspaper Pane

Post by Newspaper Pane »

bronxapostle wrote:Yes, that beautiful couple from Waahington would be listed if I recalled their names. Darling folks. Laura Cantrell I would have had to say HELLO too.
Jeff and Stacey!!
Charles

Post by Charles »

Newspaper Pane wrote:
bronxapostle wrote:Yes, that beautiful couple from Waahington would be listed if I recalled their names. Darling folks. Laura Cantrell I would have had to say HELLO too.
Jeff and Stacey!!
Yup!
HangUpYourWings

Post by HangUpYourWings »

It was great meeting you Charles, Michael, Susan and everyone else I sat next to or near at the Gramercy. I’m not quite as committed as you guys, but it was wonderful being there for that exceptional run. So extraordinary to be reminded of his whole career - absolutely no one like him in terms of range and ambition - and to hear so many rarely performed songs in that stripped-down way was a treat.
I talked to EC after the last night and he confirmed there are loose plans to bring a similar thing to London if they can find the right theatre.
I now have 20,000 words of email correspondence with him to get into a 5,000 word piece for Esquire UK. I’ll let you know when it’s online.
Charles

Post by Charles »

HangUpYourWings wrote:It was great meeting you Charles, Michael, Susan and everyone else I sat next to or near at the Gramercy. I’m not quite as committed as you guys, but it was wonderful being there for that exceptional run. So extraordinary to be reminded of his whole career - absolutely no one like him in terms of range and ambition - and to hear so many rarely performed songs in that stripped-down way was a treat.
I talked to EC after the last night and he confirmed there are loose plans to bring a similar thing to London if they can find the right theatre.
I now have 20,000 words of email correspondence with him to get into a 5,000 word piece for Esquire UK. I’ll let you know when it’s online.
Can’t wait!
cwr

Post by cwr »

Being at all 10 shows means that I haven't been able to shake the feeling of "oh he played this one!" or "this is one he didn't play!" when listening to EC in shuffle mode.

I wonder how many (if any) of the Gramercy 10 club members will be able to make the leap across the pond to experience the London equivalent if and when the time comes... The very thought of it feels daunting on so many levels.
Offshoreram

Post by Offshoreram »

There has been several mentions of a Gramercy type stand in London on here so I’m guessing someone knows something. Is there a rough timeframe when this might happen? I would hope to attend all 10 but would hate to book a holiday or anything else that would clash with any prospective dates.
As Elvis and Steve are playing around Europe in September I’d guess it could be maybe October? I just hope there is plenty of notice!
My head is spinning and my legs are weak
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

personally I see the Gramercy shows as very much a one off.

I do expect we’ll see Elvis and Steve in the autumn though.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

verbal gymnastics wrote:personally I see the Gramercy shows as very much a one off.

Agree....it would probably not be attempted to be replicated. Yet, I would not be shocked if you get a similarly themed 5 night stand. I hope so for you all.
Offshoreram

Post by Offshoreram »

bronxapostle wrote:
verbal gymnastics wrote:personally I see the Gramercy shows as very much a one off.

Agree....it would probably not be attempted to be replicated. Yet, I would not be shocked if you get a similarly themed 5 night stand. I hope so for you all.
That’s how I see it. It was a unique event and difficult to replicate. A few smaller shows in London with Steve would be nice. Looking at the venues in Spain they are all special looking. I’m trying to think of something similar of a smaller size in London. I guess we’ll need to wait and see.
My head is spinning and my legs are weak
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Bronxapostle@hotmail.com so I can send you photo from in front night nine m8. Best, Benny
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

bronxapostle wrote:

I'm not so sure - Elvis pulled off NY with such aplomb, he must feel he could easily replicate or even diversify from that ?
I guess the "rate limiting step" would be finances, and who would stage such an event and how many seats he'd be able to sell.
Fingers crossed for sure!
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

sulky lad wrote:
bronxapostle wrote:

I'm not so sure - Elvis pulled off NY with such aplomb, he must feel he could easily replicate or even diversify from that ?
I guess the "rate limiting step" would be finances, and who would stage such an event and how many seats he'd be able to sell.
Fingers crossed for sure!

Surely in a similarly sized 500 seat venue he would sell it out six to ten nights rather easily i think. Hoping something materializes for your autumnal enjoyment.