Summer Tour 2022 (US / Canada)

Pretty self-explanatory
Offshoreram

Re: Summer Tour 2022 (US / Canada)

Post by Offshoreram »

sweetest punch wrote:
Offshoreram wrote:Just had an email saying the concert in Las Vegas is cancelled and I'll get a refund in the next 7 days.

No explanation, just it's not happening.

Quite pissed off now as looking at the other US dates I'm not sure I can make any of them, it plus I'm not sure if I can get a refund on my hotel and flights. Might just have to to go to Las Vegas for a weekend.
https://www.reviewjournal.com/entertain ... HsdricFFQE

Elvis (Costello) leaves the building

Elvis Costello and the Impostors’ show set for Sept. 3 at the Theater at Virgin Hotels Las Vegas has been dropped. This was the final show on the band’s tour. A charity event interfered with the show’s schedule. Refunds at the original point of purchase, as is customary.
Charity event? What, at the hotel/venue?

Even if the venue is double booked there must be other venues in Vegas. If one city has a surplus of venues then it must be Las Vegas. They must also know that probably a majority of attendees will be travelling in rather than be locals and will have already paid out on travel and accommodation.

Oh well, not a lot I can do about it. Currently on hold with Expedia trying to rearrange my trip to Toronto instead. Fingers crossed the changes don't cost an arm and a leg!
My head is spinning and my legs are weak
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Fingers crossed mate.

That’s really bad news. As you say I’m sure they must be able to find a different venue. I wonder if poor ticket sales were ultimately the real reason.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Offshoreram

Post by Offshoreram »

verbal gymnastics wrote:Fingers crossed mate.

That’s really bad news. As you say I’m sure they must be able to find a different venue. I wonder if poor ticket sales were ultimately the real reason.
After over an hour on hold followed by a very long call with a call centre, I think I've cancelled my Las Vegas trip and am looking at booking for Toronto.

I say think because the trip is showing cancelled but I have not received any credits on my account and certainly no refunds paid out yet.

Meanwhile, I managed to get front row circle seat for the Massey Hall in Toronto on August 8th and I've picked a hotel, across from the Massey Hall, plus I know what flights I'm taking. I just can't confirm the travel until the credits appear on my Expedia account. Costwise, it's nearly the same as Vegas but this time I get to see Niagra Falls, which I've never done before as opposed to the Grand Canyon, which I have done before.

I think I'll try a gig at the El Macombo while I'm there!
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

I hope it all works out.

We went across Canada on our honeymoon starting at Toronto and ending in Vancouver. We did Niagara Falls - it was wonderful. I really hope to go back one day, especially if there’s an Elvis gig involved.

At the moment though I’m struggling to get a pass to do more than 2 UK shows so a non European date is a pipe dream!
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/en ... son-lineup

Added at the Rady Shell 2022 season lineup in San Diego:

Aug. 31: Elvis Costello & The Imposters, with Nick Lowe, 7 p.m., $30-$130
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

A new date is added to the Summer tour: https://www.bandsintown.com/e/103218311 ... _announced

Canal Shores Golf Course, Evanston IL, August 5, 2022
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

Offshoreram wrote:
sweetest punch wrote:
Offshoreram wrote:Just had an email saying the concert in Las Vegas is cancelled and I'll get a refund in the next 7 days.

No explanation, just it's not happening.

Quite pissed off now as looking at the other US dates I'm not sure I can make any of them, it plus I'm not sure if I can get a refund on my hotel and flights. Might just have to to go to Las Vegas for a weekend.

Elvis Costello and the Impostors’ show set for Sept. 3 at the Theater at Virgin Hotels Las Vegas has been dropped. This was the final show on the band’s tour. A charity event interfered with the show’s schedule. Refunds at the original point of purchase, as is customary.

Even if the venue is double booked there must be other venues in Vegas. If one city has a surplus of venues then it must be Las Vegas. They must also know that probably a majority of attendees will be travelling in rather than be locals and will have already paid out on travel and accommodation.

Oh well, not a lot I can do about it. Currently on hold with Expedia trying to rearrange my trip to Toronto instead. Fingers crossed the changes don't cost an arm and a leg!
Sorry to hear about your travel plans and the cancelled show. Not being a Vegas fan, I don’t understand why anyone would want to go there. I’m weird, I guess. Elvis probably draws a lot of locals. The city is a bit larger than Memphis and Detroit, so he would draw locals too.

Hope all your Toronto plans work out! Have a great trip!
Offshoreram

Post by Offshoreram »

MOJO wrote:
Offshoreram wrote:
sweetest punch wrote:

Sorry to hear about your travel plans and the cancelled show. Not being a Vegas fan, I don’t understand why anyone would want to go there. I’m weird, I guess. Elvis probably draws a lot of locals. The city is a bit larger than Memphis and Detroit, so he would draw locals too.

I understand what you are saying about Vegas and, as a non drinker and non gambler, I guess I'm not the 'type' they'd want visiting. No money to be made from my pockets. However, I've been to Vegas before as part of a tour and spent a few days there. I found plenty to do like seeing Penn and Teller, rafting, helicopter flight, the Grand Canyon plus some pretty good food. I'd made tentative plans too away from the gambling for this year too before the date was cancelled.

The good news is I got a refund on my hotel and will get flight vouchers from Virgin. So I've gone ahead and booked my trip to Toronto, which is actually more expensive than Vegas. I fly out on the Saturday and return on Tuesday evening, the day after Elvis' show. I got front row balcony for the gig so I'm happy about that. Also booked to see Santana and Earth Wind and Fire on the Sunday and I'm looking at either a show at the El Macombo on the Saturday (nothing announced yet) or Fleet Foxes at the same venue as Elvis. Plus a day at Niagra, go up the CN Tower and whatever else Toronto has to offer. I've never been in Canada so really looking forward to it.
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

Offshoreram wrote:
MOJO wrote:
Offshoreram wrote:

I understand what you are saying about Vegas and, as a non drinker and non gambler, I guess I'm not the 'type' they'd want visiting. No money to be made from my pockets. However, I've been to Vegas before as part of a tour and spent a few days there. I found plenty to do like seeing Penn and Teller, rafting, helicopter flight, the Grand Canyon plus some pretty good food. I'd made tentative plans too away from the gambling for this year too before the date was cancelled.

The good news is I got a refund on my hotel and will get flight vouchers from Virgin. So I've gone ahead and booked my trip to Toronto, which is actually more expensive than Vegas. I fly out on the Saturday and return on Tuesday evening, the day after Elvis' show. I got front row balcony for the gig so I'm happy about that. Also booked to see Santana and Earth Wind and Fire on the Sunday and I'm looking at either a show at the El Macombo on the Saturday (nothing announced yet) or Fleet Foxes at the same venue as Elvis. Plus a day at Niagra, go up the CN Tower and whatever else Toronto has to offer. I've never been in Canada so really looking forward to it.
Rafting in Vegas? I can’t imagine. Vegas is lame. I’ve only been there for business conferences and I hate it. If I had any spare time there, I would drive directly to Zion National Park.

Sounds like your Toronto trip is packed with lots to do. Enjoy the trip/shows. Second City Toronto might be a good option, too.
Newspaper Pane

Post by Newspaper Pane »

Vegas is awesome. On this there can be no debate. :lol:
Offshoreram

Post by Offshoreram »

MOJO wrote:
Rafting in Vegas? I can’t imagine. Vegas is lame. I’ve only been there for business conferences and I hate it. If I had any spare time there, I would drive directly to Zion National Park.

Sounds like your Toronto trip is packed with lots to do. Enjoy the trip/shows. Second City Toronto might be a good option, too.
The rafting was actually fun. I can’t say I know the area well but we were just down from the Hoover damn and the water was freezing despite the air temperature being in the 80s.

Funnily we booked it in advance as white water rafting and I got a call in my hotel on our arrival from the trip organiser. He said they would have to change a portion of our white water rafting trip. I asked which portion and he said the white water part. I said so it’s just rafting then. And it was, just a slow ride on cold, calm water but very pleasant.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Newspaper Pane wrote:Vegas is awesome. On this there can be no debate. :lol:
Agreed...I tore it up 2x. In 1999 for Elvis and then 2000 for Bruce. MAGNIFICENT WHIRLWIND WEEKENDS. '99 got me to San Diego too for an EC and Steve double header. The Drugs Don't Work THE VERVE snippet alone was worth the drive thru Death Valley. :D
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Mail from Elviscostello.com:
Join Elvis Costello and his band, The Imposters as they take the stage in Evanston, IL at Canal Shores on August 5, 2022
with special guests Nick Lowe & Los Straitjackets and Nicole Atkins.

The presale starts Wednesday, March 30 at 10 am CDT.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

https://news.yahoo.com/space-fest-retur ... 00375.html

Out of Space Fest returns to Evanston in August with Jenny Lewis, Elvis Costello & the Imposters

This summer, Out of Space is returning to Evanston for its fifth season, turning the Canal Shores public golf course into a concert experience from August 4-7 before heading to Temperance Brew Co. Sept 1-4.

The August dates will feature Jenny Lewis, Trampled by Turtles, Elvis Costello & the Imposters, Nick Lowe & Los Straitjackets, Nicole Atkins, Lucinda Williams, Waxahatchee, Liam Kazar, Buddy Guy with Todd Park Mohr (Big Head Todd & the Monsters) and Bobby Rush. Details for September are still to come. Out of Space is presented by Evanston music venue SPACE.

Tickets start at $45, presale for previous ticket holders and email subscribers begins at 10 a.m. March 30, tickets go on sale for the public at 10 a.m. April 1 at outofspaceconcerts.com

sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Mail from ElvisCostello.com: Join Elvis Costello and his band, The Imposters, as they take the stage in Saratoga, CA with special guests Nick Lowe & Los Straitjackets.
Aug 27 2022, The Mountain Winery, Saratoga, CA
The presale starts Tuesday, April 5 at 10 am PT.

https://mountainwinery.com/
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

Oh, I saw this concert listing on FB but did not receive the EC email. What is the presale code to purchase tomorrow? Any reply would be appreciated. Thanks!
belfast

Post by belfast »

sweetest punch wrote:https://news.yahoo.com/space-fest-retur ... 00375.html

Out of Space Fest returns to Evanston in August with Jenny Lewis, Elvis Costello & the Imposters

This summer, Out of Space is returning to Evanston for its fifth season, turning the Canal Shores public golf course into a concert experience from August 4-7 before heading to Temperance Brew Co. Sept 1-4.

The August dates will feature Jenny Lewis, Trampled by Turtles, Elvis Costello & the Imposters, Nick Lowe & Los Straitjackets, Nicole Atkins, Lucinda Williams, Waxahatchee, Liam Kazar, Buddy Guy with Todd Park Mohr (Big Head Todd & the Monsters) and Bobby Rush. Details for September are still to come. Out of Space is presented by Evanston music venue SPACE.

Tickets start at $45, presale for previous ticket holders and email subscribers begins at 10 a.m. March 30, tickets go on sale for the public at 10 a.m. April 1 at outofspaceconcerts.com

I used to live near Evanston. If I still did, I would definitely go this - the whole festival looks great!
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

New date: August 4, 2022 - Frederik Meijer Gardens, Grand Rapids, MI.

https://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids ... utType=amp

Meijer Gardens announces annual summer concert series lineup

GRAND RAPIDS, MI — The annual summer concert series is returning to Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park this year with performances by Elvis Costello, Sheryl Crow, ZZ Top and more.

The concert series, featuring 33 shows, kicks off June 12 with a performance by Marc Cohn and Blind Boys of Alabama, and wraps up Sept. 18 with Foreigner.

“We are deeply grateful to Steve and Amy Van Andel, Fifth Third Bank, Harvey Lexus of Grand Rapids, Spectrum Health and all our sponsors for helping make this series possible and allowing us to welcome more people to experience live music at Meijer Gardens,” David Hooker, President & CEO of Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park, said in a news release.

The lineup includes:

Elvis Costello & The Imposters w/ Nicole Atkins, August 4, $99 presale | $102 member | $104 public
belfast

Post by belfast »

I looked up the Evanston show, and even though I've never been to that golf course (as I don't golf), I know exactly where it is - it's right by Northwestern's football stadium and pretty much in the middle of downtown Evanston, where it borders Wilmette. There's a Metra train that goes directly there as well. Probably better than the NYC show I've got tickets too. If it was on a Saturday, I'd probably visit some local friends and go with them.
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

$25 tickets at Live Nation. EC tickets are part of the promotion

https://www.brooklynvegan.com/live-nati ... TPQPvkwn-8
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

https://www.axs.com/events/433923/elvis ... qBmrqkwJHw

The Mountain Winery, Saratoga, CA
SUN SEP 4, 2022 - 7:30 PM
2nd Show Added by Popular Demand!
moto

Post by moto »

sweetest punch wrote:https://www.axs.com/events/433923/elvis ... qBmrqkwJHw

The Mountain Winery, Saratoga, CA
SUN SEP 4, 2022 - 7:30 PM
2nd Show Added by Popular Demand!
I am planning to visit this venue.But judging from the map,it is miles away from the downtown.
I do not have a way of transportation.
Does anybody suggest me the way to get back to Cupertino or hotels near the airport after the show?
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

They used to have a free shuttle from Saratoga before they renovated the venue.

They now have a paid Shuttle service. Email them for details/fee$:

https://www.mountainwinery.com/transportation-service/

Or you can take Uber/Lyft:
https://www.mountainwinery.com/rideshare/

If you rent a car, the fee to park at the venue is $20-30 bucks I think.

It’s a beautiful location and the road to it is long with twists and turns, so despite the hassle it is worth it.

I don’t have tickets for this show , but if I manage to hit it, I can PM you. Maybe I could give you lift up/down hill.