Look-Hear-Listen-Now, Edinburgh, May 28, 2022

Pretty self-explanatory
sweetest punch

Look-Hear-Listen-Now, Edinburgh, May 28, 2022

Post by sweetest punch »

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
krm

Re: Look-Hear-Listen-Now, Edinburgh, May 28, 2022

Post by krm »

This is the same day as Liverpool plays the UEFA Champions league final. Can be good to know. Can affect the evening.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

One way or another I think the time will be shifted so that Elvis watches the match. Unless he gets a ticket for Paris. Given that he gets to sit in the Directors’ box at Anfield I’d be surprised if he doesn’t go.

I guess somebody did not take this into consideration when the date was booked. Or they did and ruled Liverpool out of reaching the final!
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
GCM

Post by GCM »

Frankly, I have a ticket for this but would really like to see the game as well! I would be pleased if it was rearranged to let our man go to Paris.
sheeptotheslaughter

Post by sheeptotheslaughter »

I think he will just arrange the event around the match. I know you say VG he gets into the directors box but he only goes the odd game when he is in the country.

Personally now i have a code for Disney + i might see how the kardashians are getting on for once in my life.
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

sheeptotheslaughter wrote:I think he will just arrange the event around the match. I know you say VG he gets into the directors box but he only goes the odd game when he is in the country.

Personally now i have a code for Disney + i might see how the kardashians are getting on for once in my life.
After tonights capitulation -
Champions League is a rubbish tin pot competition anyway ! :roll: :cry:
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

krm wrote:This is the same day as Liverpool plays the UEFA Champions league final. Can be good to know. Can affect the evening.
Email posted by John on Facebook:

Good Afternoon,

I am contacting you regarding your order for Elvis Costello 'The Boy Named If' Album + EDINBURGH The Caves Ticket - 28th May 2022.

Unfortunately the event has been cancelled, we have the following statement:

"Due to unavoidable footballing excellence in Liverpool, Elvis Costello will not be available for this planned event at The Caves, Edinburgh. Ticket holders will receive a refund for the ticket portion of the show & will be offered something very special by means of an apology! More details to come soon."

Assai Records are hugely disappointed that this is the case and we have unsuccessfully tried to get a rescheduled date.
We will process a refund for tickets and/or ticket elements shortly.
Please let us know should you have any further questions.
PaulTMA

Post by PaulTMA »

Comment spotted on Facebook:

"£70 on four tickets to see Elvis in Edinburgh and four copies of The Boy Named If. Frankly one would've done. Elvis cancels to watch Liverpool play and we get a £20 refund. So that's fifty quid on four identical CDs and the present I bought for my Dad's Christmas cancelled.
Liverpool had better win Elvis Costello because this has been a very shitty way to treat a family of lifelong fans.
PaulTMA

Post by PaulTMA »

Seeing as the management check out this forum, please pass on to 'our Dec' that I hope their aim is pish
Mr. Hush

Post by Mr. Hush »

Sorry to hear about that. Having been in attendance in Norwich for the 2005 show in similar circumstances you may have dodged a bit of a bullet as it was not much fun and it was clear that he was not happy about the timing or the location. Little consolation I guess. That's the beauty of supporting Norwich. I'm unlikely to ever have that dilemna :D .
Mr. Hush

Post by Mr. Hush »

Sorry to hear about that. Having been in attendance in Norwich for the 2005 show in similar circumstances you may have dodged a bit of a bullet as it was not much fun and it was clear that he was not happy about the timing or the location. Little consolation I guess. That's the beauty of supporting Norwich. I'm unlikely to ever have that dilemna :D .
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
verbal gymnastics

Hugely disappointing especially as I have friends who were travelling specifically for this.

On the CD front, unless I’m wrong you could buy the ticket without buying the CD.

I’d have happily paid £20 for the show without the CD.

It’ll be interesting to see what the something special will be. There must be a glut of mystery bags left…
GCM

Post by GCM »

I was one of those who bought the ticket without the cd, I think it was about £14.
I'm not surprised at the cancellation and I have to confess that I was conflicted about it as I want to see the game as well. But calling off a show for which your fans have bought tickets and made plans so that you can watch a football match isn't a great move.
If my team reached a European final I would move heaven and earth to be there. Mind you, Liverpool are a bit more likely to do that than my beloved Hamilton Accies!

It would have been good had the show been rearranged, but the email states that this isn't happening. So we'll miss it entirely, which is a damned shame.
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

A very similar thing happened here in the U.S. Eric Church cancelled a concert so he could attend a huge college basketball game last month. He rescheduled it later this year in a different city in Texas:

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2022/0 ... final-four
verbal gymnastics

It seems that this is cancelled rather than postponed though.
Ulster Boy

Post by Ulster Boy »

I was at an EC & The As show in Dublin in 1996 that coincided with the England v Germany Euro 96 final, they came on quite late as clearly had been watching the game beforehand, just as it went into extra time. Stagehands shouted out the penalty shoot off outcomes. Remember EC being somewhat peeved at England losing…
GCM

Post by GCM »

Just to continue this litany of sadness, I saw him give a great solo show (with support fron Nick Lowe) at the Glasgow Pavilion on 26th May 1989. That was the night when Liverpool conceded the league title to Arsenal in the last minute at Anfield. He made no reference to it at all, as far as I can remember.
GCM

Post by GCM »

As a postscipt to this sorry tale, I had been waiting patiently for the signed Rusty CD to arrive as the promised special gift for those who missed out on the show. Someone else mentioned thay had received it so I looked forward to this.
Having checked today, it turns out that I'm one of the handful of people who were refunded in full and therefore didn't qualify for the gift.

I'm not impressed.
verbal gymnastics

Understandably so. Surely everybody who bought a ticket should qualify for this.

Is there anyway this can be taken up with Elvis’ management?
GCM

Post by GCM »

The good news is that it has now been resolved and I can collect a signed CD from the shop.
verbal gymnastics

Glad I helped. :lol: