Meet up in the North?

Pretty self-explanatory
Hawksmoor

Meet up in the North?

Post by Hawksmoor »

I get occasional invitations to meet-ups in London. It's a bit of a trek for me, and almost certainly involves an expensive train journey and overnight accommodation. So while I really appreciate the invitations (and am planning to try and make it to the next one), I also wonder whether there's any mileage (or, indeed, interest) in some kind of get-together in England's second capital (by which I mean the Liverpool-Manchester-Leeds triangle, with apologies to any Birmingham/West Midlands residents). Personally, I'm Manchester area, so all the Greater Manchester areas, Liverpool, Leeds, Sheffield, Huddersfield, Blackpool, York and even bits of North Wales are within an hour or so on the train for me. Anybody interested?
verbal gymnastics

Re: Meet up in the North?

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Great idea which should work for many forum members.

PM me with your mobile number and I can add you to the WhatsApp group!

I’ll keep a finger on this important issue.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

Hi H this is a great idea, unfortunately I am existing in the land of Caution Beyond Caution so won't be able to partake myself for the foreseeable.However judging from past gatherings in the margins of ECs shows here in Liverpool, and it's satellites, EC has plenty of Friends in't. North. Hope this does get of the ground and is a ringing (or should that be 'singing'?) success.
Hawksmoor

Post by Hawksmoor »

Top balcony wrote:Hope this does get of the ground and is a ringing (or should that be 'singing'?) success.
Well, we'd normally say 'bazzin' round this neck of the woods, complete with unnecessary final pronoun (as in 'that's bazzin', that'). But ringing/singing will do! Will keep you updated if I get any responses...
Neil.

Post by Neil. »

Go for it, Hawksmoor - there must be loads of Northern Elvis fans on here! Lerrus know. Southern types (inc me- Welsh, but living in London) will prob need an afternoon booze-up in order to get back same day, as with the London meet ups for northern fans. Saturdays tend to be best! Leeds? Manchester? Who knows. Am in Manchester on 27 Nov to see a matinee but could maybe meet before or after briefly - 8ish train back to Londres!
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

My son is now living in Manchester so a meet-up would give me a good excuse to spoil his weekends of debauchery if I turned up ! Obviously living in Devon means a long train journey or drive but it would be great to meet up with my many Costello friends again in the north after only seeing them at gigs !
Neil.

Post by Neil. »

Hawksmoor, I'm not 100% sure the private message replies work properly. I can see your message, but my reply is stuck in the outbox. If you private message me your email address, I can email you instead. Cheers, Neil.
verbal gymnastics

Neil. - the message stays in your outbox until the recipient reads it.
Hawksmoor

Post by Hawksmoor »

verbal gymnastics wrote:Neil. - the message stays in your outbox until the recipient reads it.
Ah, that's a good catch, thank-you. Several times I've sent a PM and then wondered why it's still in the outbox! :D
verbal gymnastics

It comes to something when I’m able to answer a technical question :lol:
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

verbal gymnastics wrote:It comes to something when I’m able to answer a technical question :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Neil.

Post by Neil. »

Thanks, Verbal!
Mikeh

Post by Mikeh »

I would be interested in a meeting in the North, though would not be the same without Top Balcony.
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Mikeh wrote:I would be interested in a meeting in the North, though would not be the same without Top Balcony.
Wouldn’t be the same WITH TB as well!! :lol: :lol: