Elvis on “Word + Music”, September 16, 2021

Pretty self-explanatory
sweetest punch

Elvis on “Word + Music”, September 16, 2021

Post by sweetest punch »

http://www.gratefulweb.com/articles/elv ... ords-music

ELVIS COSTELLO, EDDIE VEDDER, DAVE MATTHEWS & MORE JOIN AUDIBLE 'WORDS + MUSIC'

Audible Inc., the leading creator and provider of premium audio storytelling, today announced its next slate of renowned artists to create and perform ‘Words + Music’ originals, including: Alice Cooper, Elvis Costello, Laura Jane Grace, Dave Matthews, Sharon Van Etten, and Eddie Vedder. The ‘Words + Music’ Audible initiative marries music and storytelling in one-of-a-kind audio experiences, designed exclusively to be heard. These groundbreaking artists join other legends in the Audible ‘Words + Music’ vault, including, Patti Smith, Smokey Robinson, Yo-Yo Ma, Billie Joe Armstrong, James Taylor, Alanis Morissette, Tom Morello, Gary Clark Jr., Sheryl Crow, St. Vincent, Common, Sting, Rufus Wainwright, Sleater-Kinney’s Corin Tucker and Carrie Brownstein, Rhiannon Giddens, Tariq Trotter, Steve Earle, Jonathan Biss, and T Bone Burnett.

Zola Mashariki, Head of Audible Studios, commented: “The prolific artists joining our ‘Words and Music’ slate have created some of the most groundbreaking music of our time, inspiring millions of people across the globe. We are thrilled to give our audience a front row seat to the stories and experiences behind the music we all know and love. These projects will provide an intimate glimpse, revealing how beloved music was made and how these artists continue to create, inspire and entertain fans.”

Upcoming ‘Words + Music’ releases include:

Elvis Costello – How to Play the Guitar and Y:

Premiere Date: September 16, 2021

Costello’s literary and musical brilliance are on full display in this utterly immersive, unrelentingly playful audio-work of comedic philosophy. Part masterclass, part madcap guitar-manual – in this show, the ‘little hands of concrete’ himself delivers a love letter to the guitar, to music, and to the restorative power of “play.” Listen, and you may just find success, like summer, is just a swallow away.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.