Rumoured 'exciting new project'

Pretty self-explanatory
Hawksmoor

Rumoured 'exciting new project'

Post by Hawksmoor »

A few months ago (pre-lockdown) there was some stuff flying around about 'an exciting new project based on a classic Elvis Costello and the Attractions LP'. EC's website/twitter seemed to fuel some of this, and it was claimed in some quarters that this would be a 1977-1985 LP with EC's vocals stripped off and replaced by various international (Spanish?) vocalists. Has this dropped off the radar or was it only ever a joke to begin with?
jardine

Re: Rumoured 'exciting new project'

Post by jardine »

a UFO perhaps?
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

It is / was supposed to be part of a revisiting of his catalogue, to be released later this year. See this thread: http://www.elviscostellofans.com/phpBB3 ... =2&t=11423
My guessing is that corona and the Helsinki/ Paris / New York recording sessions changed the plan: the album Hey Clockface is going to be released instead.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

I remember passing a comment about it sounding like a joke after the gig at Southampton in March and Elvis overheard me and gave me "the eye". That doesn't mean I've changed my mind - sounds more like an idea from Mr. Krys!