Shoes without heels

Pretty self-explanatory
Standstobeinsulted

Shoes without heels

Post by Standstobeinsulted »

Surely the most fully realised, great song not to make it onto an album. James Burton on the outro! Always sounds like a 'reply' to lying eyes to me. Unbelievable that it didn't make the album (but the same could be said for King of Confidence and Suffering Face)
Neil.

Re: Shoes without heels

Post by Neil. »

Agreed on all points!

I think KOA would be an even better album if these songs had been replaced with the ones you suggest:

Eisenhower Blues (my least favourite EC cover version)
Poisoned Rose (it's okay, but Shoes Without Heels walks all over it my opinion - pun intended)
Glitter Gulch (I like it, it's a fun song, but it's very similar to The Big Light, so it can go!)

I guess they must have stayed off the album cos it would've possibly become too ballad-heavy.
Standstobeinsulted

Yes agreed on each track. The alternative would have been to make it a double album when such things were deemed unfashionable
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Elvis has always shunned the idea of a double album except in recent times when vinyl issues have had four sides with three or four songs on each side. KOA could have been mind-blowingly brilliant with those songs included as well as the mighty Eisenhower Blues in a full 7 minute rendition ! :wink:
Standstobeinsulted

We're debating degrees of greatness here. Paul Heaton described KOA as the point at which EC raised his song writing game to another level. And then he released B&C in the same year! Incredible
Neil.

Post by Neil. »

sulky lad wrote:...as well as the mighty Eisenhower Blues in a full 7 minute rendition ! :wink:
LOL, cheeky chops!
FrankieJ

Post by FrankieJ »

King of Confidence is a cracker! Should have been on the final 15. My favourite of the whole KOA sessions. Hope to hear it live one, safer day. :wink:
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

FrankieJ wrote:King of Confidence is a cracker! Should have been on the final 15. My favourite of the whole KOA sessions. Hope to hear it live one, safer day. :wink:
This made me realise I’ve seen one of less than (one) zero performances of this classic.

http://www.elviscostellofans.com/phpBB3 ... f=2&t=8230
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

verbal gymnastics wrote:
FrankieJ wrote:King of Confidence is a cracker! Should have been on the final 15. My favourite of the whole KOA sessions. Hope to hear it live one, safer day. :wink:
This made me realise I’ve seen one of less than (one) zero performances of this classic.

http://www.elviscostellofans.com/phpBB3 ... f=2&t=8230
VG...i am confused!!!

About what song is this below speaking

"seen one of less than (one) zero performances "
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

It was a poor attempt at a joke of me having seen one of less than 10 (one zero) live performances of King of Confidence. :oops:
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?