EC on Ringo's Big Birthday Show, July 7, 2020

Pretty self-explanatory
And No Coffee Table

EC on Ringo's Big Birthday Show, July 7, 2020

Post by And No Coffee Table »

https://www.thebeatles.com/news/ringo-c ... thday-show

RINGO TO CELEBRATE 80TH BIRTHDAY WITH STARR STUDDED CHARITY BROADCAST, "RINGO'S BIG BIRTHDAY SHOW"

BIRTHDAY EVENT TO BENEFIT BLACK LIVES MATTER GLOBAL NETWORK, THE DAVID LYNCH FOUNDATION, MUSICARES AND WATERAID
SHOW TO AIR ON YOUTUBE ON JULY 7, 2020 AT 5PM PST FEATURING PERFORMANCES FROM STARR, PAUL MCCARTNEY AND JOE WALSH AND GARY CLARK JR, SHERYL CROW, SHEILA E, BEN HARPER
RINGO ALSO CONTINUES HIS PEACE AND LOVE INITIATIVE AND INVITES EVERYONE EVERYWHERE TO THINK, SAY OR POST #PEACEANDLOVE AT NOON ON JULY 7TH AND FANS ARE ORGANIZING ONLINE CELEBRATIONS AROUND THE WORLD

Tuesday, June 30, 2020 – Today Ringo Starr announced “Ringo’s Big Birthday Show,” a broadcast to benefit 4 charities: Black Lives Matter Global Network, the David Lynch Foundation, Musicares and WaterAid. It will air on Ringo’s YouTube and on at 5pm PST on July 7, 2020, Starr’s 80th birthday. The show will include unique home performances as well as never before seen concert footage from Starr, Paul McCartney and Joe Walsh as well as Gary Clark Jr, Sheryl Crow, Sheila E and Ben Harper and more.

http://youtube.com/ringostarr

“As everyone knows I love gathering with fans for peace and love on my birthday. But this year, I want everyone to be safe at home - so I called up a few friends and we put this Big Birthday Show together so we could still celebrate my birthday with you all, with some great music for some great charities. I hope you will all join me! Peace and Love, Ringo.”

The broadcast will also feature the premiere of a guest star version of Ringo's "Give More Love" that was created to benefit Musicares and features Jeff Bridges, Jackson Browne, T Bone Burnette, Elvis Costello, Rodney Crowell, Steve Earle, Peter Frampton, Ray Wylie Hubbard, Kenny Loggins, Michael McDonald, Keb Mo and Willie Nelson.

Additionally there will be a playlist of unique tribute performances on Ringo's YouTube channel. This will include musicians who have previously recorded Ringo's songs, performances from past birthday celebrations as well as some new versions which artists will be posting on their socials. Look for musical tributes from Ben Folds, Ben Dickey, Bettye LaVette, Colin Hay, Elvis Costello, Gregg Rolie, Judy Collins, Peter Frampton, Richard Marx, Steve Earle, Steve Lukather and many more.
WindUpWorld

Re: EC on Ringo's Big Birthday Show, July 7, 2020

Post by WindUpWorld »

Brilliant, so glad EC is involved in this. Ringo is about to be 80 - I mean what, how did that happen?! For just a small part of his influence listen to Pete's drum roll in the middle of Home Is Anywhere You Hang Your Head.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

YouTube: https://youtu.be/7YjPfyflyvQ

Elvis sings backing vocals on Ringo’s new single Give More Love at 38:00.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

And No Coffee Table wrote:Additionally there will be a playlist of unique tribute performances on Ringo's YouTube channel. This will include musicians who have previously recorded Ringo's songs, performances from past birthday celebrations as well as some new versions which artists will be posting on their socials. Look for musical tributes from Ben Folds, Ben Dickey, Bettye LaVette, Colin Hay, Elvis Costello, Gregg Rolie, Judy Collins, Peter Frampton, Richard Marx, Steve Earle, Steve Lukather and many more.
The "musical tributes" are mentioned again in the show's closing credits.
ringo.jpg
ringo.jpg (68.02 KiB) Viewed 8319 times
I thought this meant there would be another tribute from EC, separate from the "Give More Love" video, but so far he is not part of the playlist on Ringo's YouTube page.