My EC mix cd

Pretty self-explanatory
ice nine

My EC mix cd

Post by ice nine »

In 2013, I made a mix cd for some friends not that familar with Elvis. (I was shocked, too!) I recently found the cd and, upon listening to it, must say I did a pretty good job in the compilation. I wanted to include a variety of his styles and stay away from the hits. Tell me what you think.

Bama Lama Bama Lou
5ive Gears In Reverse
Riot Act
Psycho
This Is Hell
Leave My Kitten Alone
Tokyo Storm Warning
The Big Light
Brilliant Mistake
The World & His Wife
Pills & Soap
Freedom For The Stallion
Monkey To Man
Last Drag W/Josephine
Harry Worth
Turpentine
Stick Out our Tongue
The Puppet Has Cut His Strings
The Butcher Boy
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think that you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt
- M. Twain
sulky lad

Re: My EC mix cd

Post by sulky lad »

I think you could make thousands of mixes showing the "other" side of Elvis but I particularly love your selection and especially the last 3 songs showing Elvis' extraordinary range of styles. I've always loved "The Butcher's Boy" and could never understand why it didn't get a wider exposure - thanks for sharing this !
(Whoops typo nearly put the Bitcher's Boy- now that's a great title for a song Elvis :wink: )
Hawksmoor

Post by Hawksmoor »

I think it's good but agree with SL in as far as you can pretty much spin a fruit machine of EC tracks, see what comes up, and get a fantastic 20-track CD out of the traps every time. I like the focus, in yours, on the darker/rowdier tracks, though. As a thought-experiment...if you had to drop five of your (twenty?) tracks and substitute five from 2013-2020, what would you do?
ice nine

Post by ice nine »

Thanks for feedback. I had fun making the disc.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think that you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt
- M. Twain
emotional_fascism076

Post by emotional_fascism076 »

Great selections with some nice obscurities mixed in.
Who on earth is tapping at the window?