My Aim Is True Survivor - Results

Pretty self-explanatory
kosi559

My Aim Is True Survivor - Results

Post by kosi559 »

The winner of the My Aim is True Survivor is... Watching the Detectives. Sorry to everyone who did not think that this song was a part of the album. The reason why I included is because it was on every U.S. release of My Aim is True since 1978, and because it would make the Survivor of the winners that I am going to do after we cover all of the studio albums from the first ten years more diverse. To appease the people who do not think that this is a part of the album, I will be sure to include (The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes in the final Survivor as a representative for the original U.K. release of the album.

I am disappointed that this song won and not Less Than Zero or (The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes because I personally prefer those songs, but I can see why the community would choose this. It's a great song that has some of his finest imagery, and the reggae influence sets it apart from many Elvis Costello songs.

As always, there will be a weeklong break. On June 9th, I'll start the series on another album. This series has had much less problems and difficulties than the previous two and a much larger turn out, most likely because this album is more well-known than Get Happy!! and Imperial Bedroom. This round in particular has had by far the largest turnout, so I just want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for participating and keeping this series afloat.
"Can't you see? My band is up there."
bronxapostle

Re: My Aim Is True Survivor - Results

Post by bronxapostle »

WRONG!!! no offense, but it has been in every USA release since it's November 1, 1977 release and my purchase that week at E.J. Korvette's in Nanuet, NY
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

double post deleted
Last edited by bronxapostle on Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

bronxapostle wrote:WRONG!!! no offense, but it has been in every USA release since it's November 1, 1977 release and my purchase that week at E.J. Korvette's in Nanuet, NY

Funny BA, I bought mine at my local Korvette's too
Harry Worth

Post by Harry Worth »

Thanks for running this Kosi. As with previous rounds it has provided the opportunity (as if anyone on this forum should need it) to listen anew to the LP. I'm excited too to hear that we are on a long haul to a 'winners' survivor at some point in the future.
Do you have a run down of the results of each round?
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

FAVEHOUR wrote:
bronxapostle wrote:WRONG!!! no offense, but it has been in every USA release since it's November 1, 1977 release and my purchase that week at E.J. Korvette's in Nanuet, NY

Funny BA, I bought mine at my local Korvette's too

:lol: :lol:
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

kosi559 wrote:The winner of the My Aim is True Survivor is... Watching the Detectives. because it was on every U.S. release of My Aim is True since 1978,

This round in particular has had by far the largest turnout, so I just want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for participating and keeping this series afloat.

i highlight this to ask....has this had the largest turnout honestly, or can people return to cast a vote 4, 8 or 22 times??? :? :? it is an aspect i just stumbled across accidentally a couple days ago. when trying to navigate away from the poll, it sure looked like i might have been allowed to cast another ballot. but, TRUE BLUE ba would NEVER!!!!
kosi559

Post by kosi559 »

bronxapostle wrote:
kosi559 wrote:The winner of the My Aim is True Survivor is... Watching the Detectives. because it was on every U.S. release of My Aim is True since 1978,

This round in particular has had by far the largest turnout, so I just want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for participating and keeping this series afloat.

i highlight this to ask....has this had the largest turnout honestly, or can people return to cast a vote 4, 8 or 22 times??? :? :? it is an aspect i just stumbled across accidentally a couple days ago. when trying to navigate away from the poll, it sure looked like i might have been allowed to cast another ballot. but, TRUE BLUE ba would NEVER!!!!
I doubt that people have committed vote fraud, but it is always a possibility. True Blue (is a good album).
kosi559

Post by kosi559 »

Harry Worth wrote:Thanks for running this Kosi. As with previous rounds it has provided the opportunity (as if anyone on this forum should need it) to listen anew to the LP. I'm excited too to hear that we are on a long haul to a 'winners' survivor at some point in the future.
So far the run down is,
Beyond Belief
King Horse
(The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes*
Watching the Detectives

*I'm including this song because many people on the forum said that Watching the Detectives was not on the original U.K. release, so Red Shoes is the representative of that album.
jardine

Post by jardine »

how about a list at the end with all the songs listed in "order"??
Harry Worth

Post by Harry Worth »

kosi559 wrote:
Harry Worth wrote:Thanks for running this Kosi. As with previous rounds it has provided the opportunity (as if anyone on this forum should need it) to listen anew to the LP. I'm excited too to hear that we are on a long haul to a 'winners' survivor at some point in the future.
So far the run down is,
Beyond Belief
King Horse
(The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes*
Watching the Detectives

*I'm including this song because many people on the forum said that Watching the Detectives was not on the original U.K. release, so Red Shoes is the representative of that album.
I was meaning a list of how the eliminations went this round like you did for Get Happy.

* I'm just about glad about this :)