Elvis presents live-stream of Endangered Quartet record release, May 22, 2020

Pretty self-explanatory
sweetest punch

Elvis presents live-stream of Endangered Quartet record release, May 22, 2020

Postby sweetest punch » Sat May 16, 2020 11:50 am

https://www.elviscostello.com/#!/news/299161

ENDANGERED QUARTET RECORD RELEASE OF ‘HEART’ & LIVESTREAM EVENT: MAY 22ND EDT

Dear Dear Friends,

I hope you are all safe and well! The video below is an invitation to join us online for the release of our new chamber music recording, Heart, on Friday, May 22nd at 8pm EDT. Our new group is called Endangered Quartet and features Curtis Fowlkes, Tim Kiah, Jesse Mills and myself. We've been working on this music for over two years and the process has been very special and different for all of us. We wrote original compositions and arranged various covers for the CD and the mix of longform composition and improvisation has found its own kind of life and breath. So please check out this little video teaser and mark your calendars to spend a half hour or so with us to listen to, and talk about this new music during these difficult times.

Thanks and love,

Roy
———————-
Livestream Friday May 22nd at 8PM EDT

Curt, Tim, Jesse and I will introduce 5 pieces that we'll listen to together.

AND Elvis Costello will appear during the proceedings as a guest presenter

About Endangered Quartet:

Endangered Quartet is an eclectic contemporary chamber music group comprised of Jazz Passengers co-founders saxophonist Roy Nathanson and trombonist Curtis Sonny Fowlkes, bassist/vocalist Tim Kiah, and Grammy-nominated violinist Jesse Mills. Endangered Quartet explores the human condition, endangered humanvalues, and our increasingly endangered planet.

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.

sweetest punch

Re: Elvis presents live-stream of Endangered Quartet record release, May 22, 2020

Postby sweetest punch » Fri May 22, 2020 11:31 am

Live stream starts in a few hours.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.

sweetest punch

Re: Elvis presents live-stream of Endangered Quartet record release, May 22, 2020

Postby sweetest punch » Sat May 23, 2020 12:11 am

On YouTube: https://youtu.be/QqAGvNHVRhI
Short comment of Elvis at about 23 minutes.

sweetest punch

Postby sweetest punch » Sun May 24, 2020 8:40 am

Elvis speaks about the Endangered Quartet: https://youtu.be/T5peWUMyncA

Return to “Elvis Costello General Discussion”