Get Happy!! Survivor - Round 15 - Final Round

Pretty self-explanatory
kosi559

Get Happy!! Survivor - Round 15 - Final Round

Post by kosi559 »

https://forms.gle/BCzzjXHkTr1bBybHA
Vote for your least favorite track.
New Amsterdam is out by five votes. I really love this song and consider it top two material. I'm sad that it lost, but I am still happy with how this poll turned out, and I thank all of you sincerely for your participation.

Now we are down to the final two already. I can't believe we're already here. Not only because the time flew by, but also because I wasn't expecting this many ties, especially the three-way tie in Round 10.

On one side, we have King Horse, a majestic song with a great riff and a piano that really adds a unique atmosphere to this track that others don't have. Lyrically the song is about the arrogant boy who harrases the stewardess and happens to be a drunk.

"He'd seen the bottom of a lot of glasses

But he'd never seen love so near"

One of my favorites from the album. I'm so glad it survived for so long.

On the other side, we have High Fidelity, another fantastic track that is filled with this feeling of dread and angst in the instrumentation and lyrics especially.

"Some things you never get used to"

"Can you hear me? Can you hear me?"

"To shut me away as you walk through"

Elvis has such a weird vocal delivery in this song, but it works so well with the song.

Which song will prevail? You'll find out at 9:00pm EST. I'm going to post the results 5 hours later than normal to maximize the amount of votes.
"Can't you see? My band is up there."
Neil.

Re: Get Happy!! Survivor - Round 15 - Final Round

Post by Neil. »

I want to comment, but I'll save it till after the final vote in case it influences the outcome. As if I have any influence!
Harry Worth

Post by Harry Worth »

Like every round a tortuous choice for the final.
Really enjoyed this kosi, thanks for running it.
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Harry Worth wrote:Like every round a tortuous choice for the final.
Really enjoyed this kosi, thanks for running it.
Likewise -many thanks.
I was too tied up with another EC project ( :wink: ) but I couldn't let this particular 40 year anniversary pass by without putting in my two penn'orth!
invisible Pole

Post by invisible Pole »

That was fun. Many thanks to kosi.
The reactions to the poll have proved that as much as we all love Get Happy!!, we quite often differ considerably with regards to our favourite tracks. Quite frankly, I would never expect some of the songs (no titles, not to stir more controversy) to bo so dear to some of us. :wink:
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed
kosi559

Post by kosi559 »

I'm happy to be running this poll, and I would very much like to continue this series with his other albums from his first ten years. (No offense to the albums after Blood and Chocolate.)
"Can't you see? My band is up there."
Harry Lime

Post by Harry Lime »

kosi559 wrote:I'm happy to be running this poll, and I would very much like to continue this series with his other albums from his first ten years. (No offense to the albums after Blood and Chocolate.)
Yes, thanks for doing this--torturous fun!

Although I was hoping you might choose a latter-day album at some point. It would be interesting to see how some of the new classics rate. :D
Who put these fingerprints on my imagination?