Get Happy!! Survivor - Round 10

Pretty self-explanatory
kosi559

Get Happy!! Survivor - Round 10

Post by kosi559 »

https://forms.gle/9PoytMei84dHf1oi9
Vote for your LEAST favorite track
In a three-way tie, Temptation, Love for Tender, and The Imposter are out.

Riot Act is the winner of Side Two
"Can't you see? My band is up there."
Neil.

Re: Get Happy!! Survivor - Round 10

Post by Neil. »

I've been gunning for 'Temptation' for what seems like weeks! And I don't even dislike it.
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Neil. wrote:I've been gunning for 'Temptation' for what seems like weeks! And I don't even dislike it.
Once again "ditto"
I wonder if it has survived because of the Springsteen connection - it seems too much like pastiche ( like "Human Touch" for my liking and is way inferior to songs like "5ive Gears", "Clowntime" and "The Imposter" imho :wink:
Neil.

Post by Neil. »

sulky lad wrote:
Neil. wrote:I've been gunning for 'Temptation' for what seems like weeks! And I don't even dislike it.
Once again "ditto"
I wonder if it has survived because of the Springsteen connection - it seems too much like pastiche ( like "Human Touch" for my liking and is way inferior to songs like "5ive Gears", "Clowntime" and "The Imposter" imho :wink:
Hmmm - you mean 'Temptation' is a Springsteen pastiche? I always saw it as a Booker T pastiche. Which Springsteen does it resemble?
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Sorry Neil, isn't it about Elvis seeing Bruce get out of a a limo in Nashville - it's definitely musically the half blood prince of "Time Is Tight" by Booker T though. Anyway out you go "Temptation" - I'm always saying that to Mrs. Sulky :roll: :wink:
Neil.

Post by Neil. »

So who's the 'kid with his mumbo jumbo, living in air-conditioned limbo'? Is it Elvis's view of Springsteen at the time, or his imagination of what Springsteen was thinking about him?
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

I recall Elvis saying this was about seeing Bruce Springsteen playing in an enormous arena when Bruce was just becoming famous? Didn’t he use to tell the story when he introduced the song?

Is it on the Costello Nieve box set?
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?