Get Happy!! Survivor - Round 2

Pretty self-explanatory
User avatar
kosi559
Posts: 192
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:15 am
Location: Maryland, U.S.A.

Get Happy!! Survivor - Round 2

Postby kosi559 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:01 pm

https://forms.gle/1srktjaPsKusg1Gr8
Vote for your LEAST favorite song
5ive Gears in Reverse is out!
"Can't you see? My band is up there."

Neil.
Posts: 1355
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:14 am
Location: London

Re: Get Happy!! Survivor - Round 2

Postby Neil. » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:22 pm

Holy f*ck. This is brutal. It's my fault. IT'S ALL MY FAULT. I should have voted for Temptation. I like Temptation, but it's probably the song with the least tension in it on the album. Or is that Clowntime? I'm not trying to influence anything.

invisible Pole
Posts: 2216
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:20 pm
Location: Poland

Re: Get Happy!! Survivor - Round 2

Postby invisible Pole » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:00 pm

Extremely tough choice, but if pressed I'd pick Black & White World.
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed

sulky lad
Posts: 2022
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:21 pm
Location: Out of the kitchen,she's gone with the wind

Re: Get Happy!! Survivor - Round 2

Postby sulky lad » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:09 pm

Neil. wrote:Holy f*ck. This is brutal. It's my fault. IT'S ALL MY FAULT. I should have voted for Temptation. I like Temptation, but it's probably the song with the least tension in it on the album. Or is that Clowntime? I'm not trying to influence anything.


Yes Neil ALL your fault !! :roll:
Thanks for mentioning Temptation though - that’s my next one for the chop ! Not that my opinion matters :wink:

Neil.
Posts: 1355
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:14 am
Location: London

Re: Get Happy!! Survivor - Round 2

Postby Neil. » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:16 pm

Don't pick Black and White World. It's an insanely good song. Listen to that arrangement. It's incredible.

And again, full on fun punnery, (I know he was criticised for this eventually, but it is fun in a less serious song like this)

Since it's a lot about pictures and photography somehow (paparrazi, maybe?)

"It's a freeze frame, STILL it's real-life..."

"...Tryin' to name some pin up
Those days she was just a beautiful girl, now she's framed and hung up."

I think it's about someone caught in a paparazzi sting.

Neil.
Posts: 1355
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:14 am
Location: London

Re: Get Happy!! Survivor - Round 2

Postby Neil. » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:19 pm

sulky lad wrote:
Neil. wrote:Thanks for mentioning Temptation though - that’s my next one for the chop ! Not that my opinion matters :wink:


That's what I went for in the end for day two. Course your opinion matters - share it! It's going to get even tougher. I wonder if my favourite track will make the top 3? I'm keeping shtum!

bronxapostle
Posts: 4282
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:27 pm

Re: Get Happy!! Survivor - Round 2

Postby bronxapostle » Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:34 pm

How could ANYONE pick this one ?


https://youtu.be/KdaD6NE2saA

bronxapostle
Posts: 4282
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:27 pm

Re: Get Happy!! Survivor - Round 2

Postby bronxapostle » Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:35 pm

How could ANYONE pick this one ?


https://youtu.be/GkKGuwZgV50

invisible Pole
Posts: 2216
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:20 pm
Location: Poland

Re: Get Happy!! Survivor - Round 2

Postby invisible Pole » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:21 am

I understand what you say, guys, but 90% of Get Happy!! songs are insanely good (the other 10% being just VERY good).
For me it was a choice between B&W World, Beaten to The Punch, Human Touch, and Love For Tender.
Black & White World is a very good song, but I'm pretty sure it will go out in the first 4-5 rounds.
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed

User avatar
Fishfinger king
Posts: 525
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:41 am
Location: Norfolk

Re: Get Happy!! Survivor - Round 2

Postby Fishfinger king » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:55 pm

invisible Pole wrote:I understand what you say, guys, but 90% of Get Happy!! songs are insanely good (the other 10% being just VERY good).
For me it was a choice between B&W World, Beaten to The Punch, Human Touch, and Love For Tender.
Black & White World is a very good song, but I'm pretty sure it will go out in the first 4-5 rounds.


Three out of four of these are amongst my favourites - as is 5ive Gears in Reverse. A travesty that it's first out!!!!!
Is that so surprising nowadays?


Return to “Elvis Costello General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests