Steve Nieve - The Immobile Tour BackStage

Pretty self-explanatory
sweetest punch

Re: Steve Nieve - The Immobile Tour BackStage

Postby sweetest punch » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:02 am

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.

Man out of Time

Postby Man out of Time » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:16 pm

Arbogast wrote:I'm a bit unclear on the availability of SN's Immobile Tour broadcasts these days? Where can I see them? Are they on You Tube? If not, why not?

The Immobile Tour and Immobile Tour Backstage are available on Facebook and Instagram. I am not aware that they have ever been on YouTube. FaceBook was the platform that Steve used at the start of lockdown and AJUQ films separately for his Instagram account. AJUQ and Muriel broadcast using mobile phones logged onto FB or Instagram and streaming in real time. The limit on the number of feeds that can be live at any one time is the number of phones Muriel and AJUQ can hold at one time. AJUQ drums and sings, so when he cannot film for Instagram, Muriel does so, using his phone.

After each show, the video is archived on FB and Instagram (and sometimes edited, where there was a break in connection).

You can find links to the previous shows and setlists here:

The Daily Improvisation

and here:

The Immobile Tour

Parts of recent shows are available only to subscribers to the Immobile Tour backstage. Subscription details are on Steve's website - choose either monthly or annual subscription and join "the friends" on Sundays.

sweetest punch wrote: I think Elvis is talking about The Public Theatre: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11528.
The gala was planned to take place on June 1, but is postponed to October 20: https://publictheater.org/support-us/ev ... event2020/

Thanks for the clarification SP. That makes more sense. I had forgotten he had this show coming up (probably because it is not on the concert schedule on the Wiki). I will fix that.

MOOT

sheeptotheslaughter

Postby sheeptotheslaughter » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:12 am

Arbogast wrote:I'm a bit unclear on the availability of SN's Immobile Tour broadcasts these days? Where can I see them? Are they on You Tube? If not, why not?

You need to join them via Patroen it costs $10 a month or something like that. Muriel messaged me to say I hadnt joined yet. But 9pm on a sunday night isnt the best time for me. I will sort it out eventually but I have other more pressing matters at the moment.

Arbogast

Postby Arbogast » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:03 am

NA
Last edited by Arbogast on Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

sulky lad

Postby sulky lad » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:43 am

Arbogast wrote:Oh, so....during a pandemic with near-record unemployment levels and people struggling to pay their bills, SN has decided to start charging people for the full experience. Got it.

The Instagram thing is free isn't it ? I don't feel the need to watch it live and sometimes it seems easier when it's the wee hours of the night and I'm not boring anyone else in the household :wink:

Top balcony

Postby Top balcony » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:09 am

Arbogast wrote:Oh, so....during a pandemic with near-record unemployment levels and people struggling to pay their bills, SN has decided to start charging people for the full experience. Got it.

" near-record unemployment levels and people struggling to pay their bills..." - yep indeed he's a professional musician who's principal income stream has been disappeared by COVID-19.

Steve is entitled to our eternal gratitude for uploading, with the assistance of Muriel etc, 60 completely free 'concerts' , methinks he rather than EC deserves the mantle of 'hardest working musician in lockdown'.

Unreasonable to expect him to do this forever, he's not Oxfam. Perhaps you expect Elvis to give away all copies of Clockface free gratis?

Lester Burnham

Postby Lester Burnham » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:05 pm

This is a bad take. A very bad take. He provided free entertainment for most of the pandemic, until it was no longer economically feasible to do so. By that time, he'd already amassed quite a following, many of which were thrilled to pay the premium to view his performances. He's been hit by this unemployment and is also likely to be struggling to pay his bills; he's not a rich man, he's not like the Stones or whomever who can just sit on their asses all day and watch the money roll in. He's a musician, and he needs to perform to make money. You certainly wouldn't do your job for free, would you??

bronxapostle

Postby bronxapostle » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:10 pm

Some people are chronic complainers....I'd say ignore this mess and maybe it will go away. However, i have been waiting and waiting..... :evil: :evil: and it is still here. Some of us are prone to occassionally being grouchy, I'll cop to that one myself here and there. But, the downhearted nature and incessant rudeness grows tiresone, especially when it's endless. :roll: i was just saying Sunday, THIS IS THE BEST $80 I HAVE SPENT ALL YEAR! Thanks to Steve, Ajuq & Muriel for this respite.

Arbogast

Postby Arbogast » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:42 am

Top Balc, Lester, BA...

You're right. My bad. I was/am, in fact, grouched up and it got the better of me. Steve has done yeoman's work bringing these performances to us. I'm very grateful.

Arbo

Man out of Time

Postby Man out of Time » Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:20 pm

There was a Halloween show last night (October 31). Subscribers to the Immobile Tour Backstage, can watch again here:

Facebook - The Immobile Tour Backstage

This was the setlist:

1. So Like Candy / Halloween film soundtrack "mashup"
  2. I Put A Spell On You
  3. Zombie
  4. Halloween (Bonfire Night)
  5. Sympathy For The Devil
  6. The Man Comes Around
  7. ?? - AJUQ sang this in French and I could not make out the title - any offers?
  8. Thriller
  9. Creep
  10. I Want Candy
  11. Complicated Shadows

There were several vinyl copies of Hey Clockface arranged around the "salon" which is both reassuring - they do exist, but also frustrating, in that they are clearly not in wide circulation yet.

MOOT

sweetest punch

Postby sweetest punch » Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:14 am

https://www.facebook.com/stevenieveoffi ... 6857307242

Sunday 8th, 9pm UK time, going live on this page to begin, and concluding on the Immobile Tour Backstage with some great stories, with my friends “My Darling Clementine”, their latest recording “Country Darkness Volume Three” is out this week, and we want to share with you. Live from Manchester and Trouville Sur Mer.. simultaneously...

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.

Man out of Time

Postby Man out of Time » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:27 am

So there was another webcast last night (November 15), in the ongoing series that is the Immobile Tour Backstage. The theme was "Confidence and Doubt". AJUQ was in Paris, so it was just Steve and Muriel in Trouville.

Then Elvis dialled in, unannounced, apparently in Vancouver, but inside rather than on the porch. He played two songs at the piano (Diana's?) then dashed to catch a ferry.

Here is the full setlist:

01. Sense Of Doubt (Bowie) / Remove This Doubt (The Supremes) - Steve
02. I Want To Vanish - Steve
'''EC rings in'''
03. Still Too Soon To Know - Elvis
04. I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself - Elvis
'''EC rings off'''
05. Head Full of Doubt, Road Full of Promise (The Avett Brothers)- Steve
06. Free Will And Testament (Robert Wyatt) - Steve
07. Downtown Train (Tom Waits)- Steve
08. When I'm 64 (The Beatles) - Muriel and Steve
09. Poor Fractured Atlas - Steve and Muriel
10. Beyond Belief- Steve and Muriel
11. Confident Again (from Mumu)- Steve and Muriel
12. Losing My Religion (REM) - Steve

https://www.facebook.com/stevenieve/videos/10158380580607779

Next week (22 November) Steve will be joined by Alex Cornish (who has toured with Steve before).

MOOT

Return to “Elvis Costello General Discussion”