With who will Imposters U.S.A. double bill this summer?

Pretty self-explanatory
bronxapostle

With who will Imposters U.S.A. double bill this summer?

Post by bronxapostle »

My guess for the 2020 summer amphitheatre double bill six months ago was PRETENDERS! but they're on the road with (UGH!)...JOURNEY. :shock: CHEAP TRICK could have been a sweet pairing, but they're paired with ROD STEWART. And with SQUEEZE and with NICK LOWE have already been done. STEELY DAN too and NO THANKS anyway on that. RYAN ADAMS, a bit too messy. HALL AND OATES, a definite maybe, though kinda an odd pairing.... which ain't a bad thing. 8) THE BONGOS, too small. NICK CAVE, too big. Which brings me to a stellar idea.....the Modfather himself, PAUL WELLER. but, this would need to be a true co-headline thing with full sets by each! Only Paul's last 43 years output rivals Elvis.... AND PLEASE A COUPLE SONGS TOGETHER NIGHTLY!!! Let me hear your pick...ba
sulky lad

Re: With who will Imposters U.S.A. double bill this summer?

Post by sulky lad »

Only a short tour with The Specials followed by a massive U,K, tour with just Steve playing A Face In The Crowd songs and some new Bacharach songs for the musical that hasn't hit the stage yet ! :wink:
sheeptotheslaughter

Post by sheeptotheslaughter »

Rod Stewart said on the radio here the other week he was touring with Blondie in the summer
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

sheeptotheslaughter wrote:Rod Stewart said on the radio here the other week he was touring with Blondie in the summer
:lol: maybe that is his pet name for Robin Zander.

I like your pick Sulky as i was just reflecting a few days back that i had NEVER seen the Specials. 8) 8)
jardine

Post by jardine »

i'm w. sulky, too. reason is that the touring seems -- to someone nowhere near any venues -- stuck a bit, and i'd love to see him do a real, risky, exploratory venture of some sort, stretch out, etc. basically, tear into something a bit, raise a welt instead of tours of what seems, from a distance, simply more the same...
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

jardine wrote:i'm w. sulky, too. reason is that the touring seems -- to someone nowhere near any venues -- stuck a bit, and i'd love to see him do a real, risky, exploratory venture of some sort, stretch out, etc. basically, tear into something a bit, raise a welt instead of tours of what seems, from a distance, simply more the same...
Of course....me too jardine. That's what the AUTUMN USA tours will be about henceforth. :D But, the summer is the opportunity for E and the boys getting their ducks in a row for future expenses. Kinda EXACTLY like little old me working summer school, SO I GET PAID TWICE IN JULY AND AUGUST. even though my old bones and brain would do better refueling after my forty years at it for the upcoming school year. No harm, no foul with these times of package concert deals. Noone forcing our attendance. Just a good night out if one is so inclined and allow me to please reilterate. The Blondie and EC pairing of last summer REALLY was quite effective at returning each to their wheelhouse of songs, style and showmanship! :(
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Have I missed something? Has a double bill tour been announced? :?
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
JerseyPride78

Post by JerseyPride78 »

verbal gymnastics wrote:Have I missed something? Has a double bill tour been announced? :?
I was about to ask the same question.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

JerseyPride78 wrote:
verbal gymnastics wrote:Have I missed something? Has a double bill tour been announced? :?
I was about to ask the same question.
No, not yet. But tis the season. Most especially after the announcement coming this week of their appearing at the festival in April down New Orleans way. We can hope, yes?