Elvis & The Imposters play Madison, WI, November 24, 2019

Pretty self-explanatory
Man out of Time

Elvis & The Imposters play Madison, WI, November 24, 2019

Post by Man out of Time »

The Just Trust tour reaches the Orpheum Theater, Madison, WI on Sunday November 24. Hopefully Briana and Kitten will be recovered by then (having missed the Chicago date with illness).

The Madison Isthmus published this preview:

"Elvis Costello & The Imposters

Orpheum Theater 216 State St., Madison, Wisconsin 53703

As musical chameleons go, Declan Patrick MacManus — better known as Elvis Costello — ranks among the best. The singer, songwriter, record producer, author, actor and Grammy Award winner arrived with the English “New Wave” in the late 1970s and has changed his shades and kept current since then. With his latest group, The Imposters, Costello will likely rock a multigenerational house with hits old and new. Expect nothing less.

press release: Elvis Costello and The Imposters will hit the road again in October, as sole headliner after their summer excursion with Blondie. The tour is entitled, “Just Trust” in answer to the musical questions: “Will they play my favourite song?," or, “Are they going to frighten the horses with a lot of excellent songs that are rarely performed?,” not to mention, “Can I expect the hits of yesteryear and those of tomorrow?"

To which we say: Just Trust Elvis Costello and The Imposters.

This superlative ensemble - Steve Nieve on keyboards, Pete Thomas on drums, and bass and vocalist Davey Faragher - are once again augmented by singers Kitten Kuroi and Briana Lee, all of whom were heard on the acclaimed 2018 Concord Records release, 'Look Now,' numbers from which will surely find their rightful place among the highlights from one of the most formidable song catalogues in popular music.

Despite his recent anomalous inclusion in the Queen’s Birthday Honour’s List, Elvis Costello O.B.E. will not be putting on the airs, but putting on the style for this unique evening of song and mischief.

Get it while you can. "

Elvis has only played the Orpheum Theater in Madison once before - in 1978. On the occasion, Bruce Thomas was unavailable and Johnny Ciambotti filled in for him on Bass.

Ticket prices range from $45 to $125. There are still a fair few tickets available, as the seating plan (from TicketB*****d) shows.
Madison, WI Seating plan 23 November 2019
Madison, WI Seating plan 23 November 2019
2019-11-24 Madison seating plan.png (197.33 KiB) Viewed 5361 times
The venue seats 2308, and about 130 seats are still unsold (blue or puce on the seating chart). Like many theatres Elvis has played on this tour, the Orpheum is on the US National Register of Historic Places. Possibly he has used that register as a guide when planning the tour.

Who's going?

MOOT
And No Coffee Table

Re: Elvis & The Imposters play Madison, WI, November 24, 2019

Post by And No Coffee Table »

http://www.elviscostello.info/wiki/inde ... 24_Madison

01. Strict Time
02. Clubland
03. Green Shirt
04. Don't
05. Accidents Will Happen
06. Photographs Can Lie
07. Episode Of Blonde
08. Motel Matches
09. Suit Of Lights
10. Watching The Detectives - including Invisible Lady
11. No Man's Woman
12. A Face In The Crowd
13. Blood & Hot Sauce
14. Mystery Dance
15. You Belong To Me
16. High Fidelity
17. I Want You
18. Pump It Up
19. Alison - including I'm Gonna Make You Love Me
20. (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love And Understanding?
And No Coffee Table

Re: Elvis & The Imposters play Madison, WI, November 24, 2019

Post by And No Coffee Table »

https://twitter.com/brianadlee/status/1 ... 0453380097
Briana Lee wrote:If I can’t be on stage, I’m cheering from the best seats in the house! @ElvisCostello sounds so good! Go @KittenKuroi! Go Pete, Davey, and Steve!! ❤️❤️❤️

She tweeted last night that she was feeling better but her voice had not yet recovered.