Elvis & The Imposters play Fort Lauderdale, FL, November 7, 2019

Pretty self-explanatory
Man out of Time

Elvis & The Imposters play Fort Lauderdale, FL, November 7, 2019

Post by Man out of Time »

The JustTrust tour reaches the Broward Center for the Performing Arts in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, on November 7, 2019.

Elvis previously played the same venue solo (with support from Larkin Poe) on Detour in 2015. You can read about that show here.

The set list on that occasion included "Florida Key" from the New Basement Tapes sessions.

This preview by Dave Osborn appeared in The Naples News on June 26, 2019:

"Elvis Costello, Chainsmokers' tours swing through Florida this year

British pop musician Elvis Costello brings his unique sound including his band The Imposters to Florida in November for four concerts.

His "Just Trust" tour reaches the Sunshine State on Nov. 7 at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts in Fort Lauderdale. The other concerts are Nov. 8 at the St. Augustine Amphitheatre; Nov. 10 at the Mahaffey Theater at the Duke Energy Center for the Arts in St. Petersburg; and Nov. 11 at Hard Rock Live Orlando.

Tickets go on sale at 10 a.m. June 28.

Costello and his original band, The Attractions, scored many hits including "Pump It Up" and "Everyday I Write The Book."

He gained attention in 1977 when he changed songs midstream while performing on "Saturday Night Live," switching to "Radio Radio" that was a discusses the commercialization of the airwaves and NBC and SNL creator Lorne Michaels had forbidden him to play.

Costello has been married for 16 years to fellow musician Diana Krall, an internationally known pianist and vocalist.

And in 2003, Costello and the Attractions were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. A year later, Rolling Stone ranked Costello No. 80 on its list of the 100 Greatest Artists of All Time.

Artists who have said Costello has influenced their music include Prince, Green Day, Crowded House and the Foo Fighters."

Anyone going? Will you be rubbing shoulders with Foo FIghters fans?

MOOT
supplydavid

Re: Elvis & The Imposters play Fort Lauderdale, FL, November 7, 2019

Post by supplydavid »

my travel schedule has not allowed me to get to any shows yet but plan to be at this one for a "hometown" concert....actually 30 mins away but close enough to be in my own bed v hotel room .

Last time at this location March 2015 with Larkin Poe in support....

Anyone else going?

David
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

From setlist.fm:

01. Strict Time
02. Clubland
03. Green Shirt
04. Accidents Will Happen
05. Photographs Can Lie - including The Look Of Love
06. Unwanted Number
07. Lovers Walk
08. Watch Your Step
09. Watching The Detectives
10. Blood & Hot Sauce
11. A Face In The Crowd
12. Next Time 'Round
Encore 1
13. I Can't Stand Up For Falling Down
14. High Fidelity
15. From A Whisper To A Scream
16. Mystery Dance
17. Heart Of The City
18. Pump It Up - including 96 Tears
19. Alison - including I'm Gonna Make You Love Me
20. (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love And Understanding?
21. All The Rage

Regarding the long "encore", Carol on Facebook says: "He was having some voice problems and exited the stage saying 'goodnight' after about 12 songs. Kitten and Brianna looked confused and then left the stage after a few moments. He came back on and finished the show, but it definitely was a shortened show."
Dr. Luther

Post by Dr. Luther »

All the Rage.
Always welcome.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

https://www.google.be/amp/s/www.sun-sen ... utType=amp

Elvis Costello at the Broward Center: Review | Photos

With all due respect to the Cleveland Orchestra’s upcoming performance of Mahler’s Symphony No. 5, there will be no more glorious music heard during the South Florida cultural season than the 10 minutes of Elvis Costello pairing a sublime “Alison” with a raucous and heartfelt version of “(What’s So Funny ‘bout) Peace, Love and Understanding” Thursday night at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts.

Poignant, emotional and energizing, it was a crowning moment near the end of an efficient 90-minute set in front of a packed house in the venue’s 5,500-seat Au-Rene Theater. Which was just as well, as the preceding time allowed the sound mix (muddy at the outset) and the crowd (somnambulant until halftime) to find their balance.

Elvis Costello & the Imposters’ Just Trust Tour takes its name not (exactly) from his under-appreciated 1981 album “Trust,” but rather the idea that fans who were curious about whether he would deliver their favorite songs would just have to … trust.
While this meant that many in the audience likely left without hearing at least one of their favorite numbers (ahem, “Shipbuilding”?), the show’s two-dozen songs offered an invigorating stream of old-school favorites and rarities from a revered 65-year-old performer who, if the applause was any indication, was equal to the expectations set by an audience of longtime fans.

Backed by the revered Imposters — veterans Steve Nieve on keyboards and Pete Thomas on drums, along with bassist Davey Faragher — Costello performed a wonderfully theatrical reading of “Watching the Detectives” (with Costello, bathed in red light, venturing into a psych guitar solo as pulp-fiction book covers and movie posters slid by in the background), twirled through “Accidents Will Happen” and summoned the old vocal venom on a spirited version of “Pump It Up” that kept the crowd on its feet.
A salsa-inflected “Clubland” (from “Trust”) felt right at home; “Blood and Hot Sauce,’ from the stage play “A Face in the Crowd,” was elevated to new heights in an exquisite gospel reading; and his Burt Bacharach collaboration “Photographs Can Lie,” from his 2018 album “Look Now,” was a showcase for Steve Nieve’s piano and Costello’s gritty vocals, trading his sneering bravado for romantic vulnerability. As a singer, he’s still got it.

An hour into the set, the band walked off with a stage-y “thank you and good night,” returning moments later with Costello, having traded a straw Panama hat for a red fedora, accelerating into his 1980 cover of Sam & Dave’s “I Can’t Stand Up for Falling Down.” A tour de force of R&B nostalgia, the song managed to raise the audience from their seats, where most would stay through rocking renditions of “High Fidelity,” “From a Whisper to a Scream,” “Mystery Dance” and, in a tip of the cap to Nick Lowe, “Heart of the City.”

Flanked by backup vocalists Kitten Kuroi and Briana Lee, both excellent, Costello eased his way into “Alison” with a patient caress of the guitar and Thomas’ spare timekeeping on the snare, imbuing the the ballad with an unadorned honesty and fragility. An interweaving of the Temptations’ classic “I’m Gonna Make You Love Me,” drove the point home.

While the closing notes of “Alison” hung in the air, Costello ripped into “(What’s So Funny 'bout) Peace, Love and Understanding,” the rollicking cri de coeur written by Nick Lowe and released on Costello’s “Armed Forces” album 40 years ago. If different from “Alison” in tone and volume, the song on this night seemed to come from a similar, equally passionate place.

Again bracketed by the soulful Kitten Kuroi and Briana Lee, as Costello sang about “searching for light in the darkness of insanity,” dozens of fans rushed down the aisle to join him at the edge of the stage, not something you see at the Broward Center very often. In unison they sang of their search for the strong, the trusted and harmony, sweet harmony.

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Dr. Luther wrote:All the Rage.
Always welcome.
And let's not forget Next Time Round.

From what I understand, some fans have been commenting on Elvis' voice so this hasn't come as a complete surprise.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
supplydavid

Post by supplydavid »

Elvis's vocals were not not great early and he seemed actually to be struggling remembering some lyrics. The crowd was very subdued also and clearly the band were confused when he said "goodnight" . Lively encore however made up for the first half.
Arbogast

Post by Arbogast »

There seems to be something "off" about him this tour...some nights more pronounced than others. Worrisome...