Elvis and The Imposters play Burlington, VT October 27, 2019

Pretty self-explanatory
Man out of Time

Elvis and The Imposters play Burlington, VT October 27, 2019

Post by Man out of Time »

On the "Just Trust" tour, EC and the Imposters will return to play the Flynn Center for the Performing Arts, in Burlington, VT on Sunday October 27, 2019. Elvis played a solo show at the same venue in November 2013.

The venue website has this to say about the concert:

" Elvis Costello & The Imposters
Main Stage

Sunday, October 27, 2019, 7:00 PM
$45-$110
Includes $1.50 Preservation Fee

Dress Circle Seating Applies - Dress Circle means that two rows of seats are set up in front of row A.

“Costello can enliven a mastery of form with a dramatist’s eye.” —Pitchfork

Tickets go on sale to Flynn Members on Wednesday, June 26 at 10 am and to the general public on Friday, June 28 at 10 am. Buy tickets in person at the FlynnTix Regional Box Office, online, or at 802-86-FLYNN. Annual Flynn membership begins at $50 and is open to anyone at anytime. To buy tickets during the member on sale period, members must login and then the "Buy Tickets" button will appear on this show page. To become a member and purchase tickets during the member on sale period simply add a membership to your cart and then you will see the button on this show page.

There is a 4 ticket limit per order.

With 1977’s My Aim Is True, Elvis Costello launched a career that’s veered into nearly every musical direction possible—including collaborations with Paul McCartney, choreographer Twyla Tharp, Burt Bacharach, the Sydney Symphony, and his wife, Diana Krall—though his forays are each backed by a hard-edged wit and sneer of early punk. The Rock and Roll Hall of Famer brings his renowned Imposters with him to the Flynn, featuring pianist Steve Nieve, bassist Davey Faragher, and drummer Pete Thomas. The group recently recorded and released the acclaimed Look Now following a ten-year break from the studio. From hits like Alison to (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love and Understanding, Costello draws on his 30-plus-year career to craft a legendary live performance. "

Since MAIT was released in 1977 (as the website notes), how long before venues or publicists spot that his career is now 40-plus years, not 30?

Anyone going?

MOOT
johnfoyle

Re: Elvis and The Imposters play Burlington, VT October 27, 2019

Post by johnfoyle »

Who's going?
History Repeats

Post by History Repeats »

I have an extra...excellent seat...for tonite for a fellow fan

Orch Row G, center...

Lemme know (617-955-6333), text or call

I am going...will meet you there
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

I'd trade you for Tuesday if i was within 50 miles. Lol enjoy tonight
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

From setlist.fm:

01. Strict Time
02. Clubland
03. Green Shirt
04. Shot With His Own Gun
05. Either Side Of The Same Town
06. Charm School
07. Brilliant Mistake
08. You'll Never Be A Man
09. 13 Steps Lead Down
10. Moods For Moderns
11. Watching The Detectives
12. Unwanted Number
13. High Fidelity
14. Burnt Sugar Is So Bitter
15. A Face In The Crowd
16. Deep Dark Truthful Mirror
17. Party Girl
18. Mystery Dance
19. Pump It Up
20. Crawling To The USA
21. Alison
22. (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love And Understanding?

A post on Facebook also mentions "Accidents Will Happen," but I don't know where that falls in the setlist.
And No Coffee Table

With "Strict Time" and "Clubland" at all four shows to date, "New Lace Sleeves" in Hershey, "Watch Your Step" in Ithaca, and "Shot With His Own Gun" and "You'll Never Be A Man" in Burlington, maybe this is a Trust tour after all.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

And No Coffee Table wrote:With "Strict Time" and "Clubland" at all four shows to date, "New Lace Sleeves" in Hershey, "Watch Your Step" in Ithaca, and "Shot With His Own Gun" and "You'll Never Be A Man" in Burlington, maybe this is a Trust tour after all.
And the holy grail trifecta of PRETTY WORDS, FISH N CHIP PAPER and DIFFERENT FINGER all appear in Port Chester! :P :P
And No Coffee Table

bronxapostle wrote:And the holy grail trifecta of PRETTY WORDS, FISH N CHIP PAPER and DIFFERENT FINGER all appear in Port Chester! :P :P
Good luck! He's played so many deep cuts in recent years that I think there's a good chance he'll play "Fish 'n' Chip Paper" (played six times in November 1980 and never since) by the end of the tour. To truly shock me, he needs to revive "Lifeboat" or "The Last Time You Were Leaving Me."
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Whatever I get is okay by me.....but we can surely dream, right N??? best wishes, ba