ELVIS COSTELLO & THE IMPOSTERS ANNOUNCE UPCOMING FALL TOUR

Pretty self-explanatory
EcfanNY

Re: ELVIS COSTELLO & THE IMPOSTERS ANNOUNCE UPCOMING FALL TOUR

Post by EcfanNY »

One seller on Stubhub has the ENTIRE AA CENTER ORCH row for sale (for both nights.) It's a bullshit situation. Either that or somebody types REALLY FAST!
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

EcfanNY wrote:One seller on Stubhub has the ENTIRE AA CENTER ORCH row for sale (for both nights.) It's a bullshit situation. Either that or somebody types REALLY FAST!
Best I was offered was DD 1-3, and this was at least two hours after the public on-sale.

Nobody types that fast-I still maintain it's the venue scalping their own tickets.
EcfanNY

Post by EcfanNY »

Oh I absolutely agree. I was just being facetious. The entire first row, both nights?!! Give me a break.
Arbogast

Post by Arbogast »

Has there been any info from the EC camp as to whether naming the tour "Just Trust" actually means it'll be focused on that album? I've heard none. Maybe it's just a name....
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

https://www.elviscostello.com/#!/news/298485

(...)
The tour is entitled, “Just Trust” in answer to the musical questions: “Will they play my favourite song?," or, “Are they going to frighten the horses with a lot of excellent songs that are rarely performed?,” not to mention, “Can I expect the hits of yesteryear and those of tomorrow?"

To which we say: Just Trust Elvis Costello and The Imposters.
(....)
———————————————-
Elvis Costello on twitter on June 28: https://mobile.twitter.com/ElvisCostell ... 7163561986

Elvis Costello@ElvisCostello·28 jun.
Will they play my favourite song?
Just Trust
@elviscostello & The Imposters
#justtrustusa2019 #justtrustuk2020 #LookNow #BloodandChocolate #Trust #TheDeliveryMan #ThisYearsModel #FaceInTheCrowd #GetHappy ???
@ElvisCostello
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
stricttime81

Post by stricttime81 »

Just got my ticket for Hershey! Now just have to get my tix for the Port Chester shows. Pretty expensive on Stub Hub right now.
AKA: Mike the Lawyer
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

Probably more common than we know... Or not... all legal here in the US:

https://variety.com/2019/biz/news/live- ... 73337/amp/

I’m interested in learning about Live Nation’s dynamic pricing scheme. Seems like all of this works against the buyer ... and those fun ticket fees tagged onto the purchase - outrageous. I’m all for supporting artists and happy to pay out full price... But, I wonder.. if Live Nation had some real competition then the fan would have options and pricing might not be so jacked.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

It’s a shocking and disgraceful practice, particularly as the artist is involved.

Every time the UK looks at introducing any secondary ticket legislation the can is kicked down the road...
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

I gotta say, PEOPLE ARE FUNNY!!

SOME insist to be in first 3 or 4 rows orchestra, or dead center first row one level up for all their shows, AND THEN FEEL CHEATED WHEN THAT TICKET IS NOT AVAILABLE. It reminds me of people that get mad anytime that they encounter traffic on the roads. WHAT, SHOULD EVERYONE STAY HOME BECAUSE YOU ARE HEADED OUT TODAY?

BELIEVE ME, i am not saying there are NO inequities in ticket sale practices by SEVERAL 'second market' vendors.... is that their correct term? But, if you really want a ticket to an ELVIS show, 90% of the time you will NOT be sold out straight up until show day!!

Many have heard my two axioms regarding seats/tickets for shows:

1) I'd rather be able to afford for TWO performances via sitting in less expensive seats for the BOTH nights.

2) Last row balcony is STILL a better vantage point at showtime than from my kitchen table!!

Be choosy if you want regarding seats, but then be prepared to bite the expensive OVERPRICED bullet of a thief of sorts if you REALLY NEED THAT SEAT for your shows attended!!
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

BA - You are missing the point. The tickets aren’t / weren’t even made available to the fan upon first day of sale, or in pre-sale or in fan pre-sale. They are sold directly via the 2nd market. Collusion.

As for front seats, some people prefer a seat in the front /lower level sections. Personally, I prefer it because I’m more engaged in the show. And, will pay the price if I want to. I’m not really a fan of seeing a sea of people in front of me. Smaller venues, I don’t mind so much. Larger venues. Forget it. I’d rather pay and watch a live stream of the event than deal with the riff raff while watching tiny men and women playing instruments 200-400M away.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

MOJO!!! COME NOW....ba misses little or nothing. :P

As previously stated, if that seat means THAT much to you....pay the required price AND ENJOY IT.
EAT it without complaint after losing out on the initial sale AND AGAIN, ENJOY YOUR SHOWS.

Collusion??? AGAIN, PLEASE!!! all YOU conspiracy theorists among us!!! If you lost out because of some cheating secondary market sellers, call it such. I DON'T LIKE IT. surely scalpers TIME IMMEMORIAL have connived their ways to acquire primo seats in bulk. 44 COMPUTERS AND/OR TELEPHONES BUYING TIX, YES!!! PERHAPS!!! COLLUSION, once again? NOOOOO. Do we REALLY in our heart of hearts think that a reputable venue like a RYMAN AUDITORIUM, a CARNEGIE HALL or a CAPITAL THEATER would stoop to THIS level of OUT AND OUT THIEVERY to make an extra 50 bucks a ticket??? please kiddies....PLAY NICE AND LOSE THESE SILLY paranoid THOUGHTS. It's a darn concert ticket. :lol: :lol:
Last edited by bronxapostle on Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

What’s your IQ, BA? Seriously. Do you read the New York Times? It’s your local paper. Do yourself a favor and read it every day.

As for accusing me of scamming on tickets or something along those lines —I do pay full price. Always have. Plus, I buy merch. Do you buy merch? No, you break the rules by recording the shows - nice work, dude. You don’t know me and don’t assume I’m trying not to pay full price.

Also, can you stop with the cap letters in your posts? It’s annoying and reads like you may be partially special needs or something.

Sunshine and lollipops- MOJO
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Thanks for verifying your weird streak Mojo. Never ONCE insulted you in the least. Why the inexplicable venom? My IQ is up there, No worry. I CAPITALIZE TO EMPHASIZE, NO INSULT THERE EITHER! :lol: Peace to you and your lollipops. your recording friend, ba
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

bronxapostle wrote: As previously stated, if that seat means THAT much to you....pay the required price AND ENJOY IT. EAT it without complaint after losing out on the initial sale...

Collusion??? AGAIN, PLEASE!!! all YOU conspiracy theorists among us!!!
No weird streak, BA. You called me a conspiracy theorist. I am not. It seems like you are not comprehending the the news article I posted above. That’s all I’m saying. When you figure it out, let me know. I’ll virtually pat you on the back and say, “nice work, buddy!”

Then...you use the word - “You... as in “you” should pay the required price.” I read that as saying I’m trying to beat the system by not paying the required price. Also, I can only pay the required price on seats that are not in the secondary market. The secondary market seats... it’s a little bit of a racket going on and with the help of Live Nation to boot. That’s not cool, but it’s legal here so the fans sort of have to grin and bear it.
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

[quote
Last edited by MOJO on Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

bronxapostle wrote: As previously stated, if that seat means THAT much to you....pay the required price AND ENJOY IT. EAT it without complaint after losing out on the initial sale...

Collusion??? AGAIN, PLEASE!!! all YOU conspiracy theorists among us!!!
No weird streak, BA. You called me a conspiracy theorist. I am not. It seems like you are not comprehending the news article I posted above. That’s all I’m saying. When you figure it out, let me know. I’ll virtually pat you on the back and say, “nice work, buddy!”

Then...you use the word - “You... as in “you” should pay the required price.” I read that as saying I’m trying to beat the system by not paying the required price. Also, I can only pay the required price on seats that are not in the secondary market. The secondary market seats... it’s a little bit of a racket going on and with the help of Live Nation to boot. That’s not cool, but it’s legal here so the fans sort of have to grin and bear it.[/quote][/quote]
stricttime81

Post by stricttime81 »

I happen to know BA, and he's FUCKING BRILLIANT! And I love his CAP letters, they are his trademark and show his ENTHUSIASM for all things EC. He's a helluva guy.

Maybe its being a NY'er, but it's virtually impossible to be first on line for anything here, so I never have any expectation of getting a premium seat without resorting to the "secondary market". I am one of those who generally only likes sitting in the first 4-5 rows, and I know that comes at a cost. So I will usually bite the bullet and over-pay for at least 1 show per tour. Would it be nice if you could actually buy a great seat at face value? Sure, but that's not the world we live in now.
AKA: Mike the Lawyer
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

bronxapostle wrote: As previously stated, if that seat means THAT much to you....pay the required price AND ENJOY IT.
EAT it without complaint after losing out on the initial sale AND AGAIN, ENJOY YOUR SHOWS.

Collusion??? AGAIN, PLEASE!!! all YOU conspiracy theorists among us!!! If you lost out because of some cheating secondary .....
Quickly, an apologetic retort...

YEAH the you i refer to can be misinterpreted as a direct remark to you MOJO. BUT IT WAS NOT AT ALL MEANT THAT WAY.

IT was a collective "you" meaning anyone who felt that way about tickets availability. AND I CERTAINLY DID NOT ONCE IMPLY YOU DID NOT WANT TO PAY FULL PRICE.

best to you, benny
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

I’m sure BA is a cool, genius kind of guy. I’m the weirdo, remember? What do I know? Absolutely nothing!

Although, I’d like to create a crowdsourcing fan bot and override all the bots (mostly Live Nation’s grip on the market) and kick back tickets to the fans that want the good seat at face value $ (would be nice to get rid of the 20-27% service fees, too!) Those who invest in the crowdsourcing bot, get to chose concerts they want tix for, lay down some cash and then let the boy deliver the killer seat at face value. Let’s face, our cash and butts fill those seats. Seems like there is more of us and than them. Fight the power, people! Let’s do this... Or not, gotta go now. Peace out, y’all or ya’ll
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Thanks Mike.... you've got great taste. :P :P

MOJO PLEASE stop now. There you go again:
Why convert "weird streak" to "WEIRDO?"

We are at least ten year acquaintances here. no fighting! Peace, ba
Arbogast

Post by Arbogast »

MOJO's right, at least in the broad strokes.

Good tics for many shows--including EC shows, such as the upcoming Port Chester gigs--are not even available when tics go on sale...but will show up en masse sometimes just hours later at outrageous prices via "secondary markets" (read: legalized scalping).

Again, such as EC in PC: Hours after the Oct. shows went on sale, the entire front rows for both gigs were on sale...from a single seller.

Call it a conspiracy if you want...all I know is, it's a true thing that is happening.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Fortunately in the UK many of the places Elvis plays have decent front row tickets available in the theatres he plays when they go on sale. Many are decent sized provincial theatres.

I have never gotten decent seats for Elvis at Hammersmith Apollo (where Elvis will be playing in 2020 if I read the #JustTrustUK2020 clues correctly) anbd don't expect to because of bots, although I always get to the front at the end when the crowd are allowed to stand up and dance (usually the last few songs!). I have to manage my expectations. I love the first few rows so I'm usually on the buttons when the tickets come out but in all honesty i'm happy to be there.

I think the point that is being missed from the discussions above is how artists of a certain size are implicated in making it extremely expensive and difficult for genuine fans to get these seats and this is the part that stinks. It's not as if bands like Metallica playing in those sized arenas/stadia are struggling to make any money.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?