ELVIS COSTELLO & THE IMPOSTERS ANNOUNCE UPCOMING FALL TOUR

Pretty self-explanatory
Eugene

ELVIS COSTELLO & THE IMPOSTERS ANNOUNCE UPCOMING FALL TOUR

Post by Eugene »

Elvis Costello & The Imposters hit the road again in October, embarking on a headlining United States tour after their summer excursion with Blondie.

The tour is entitled, “Just Trust” in answer to the musical questions: “Will they play my favourite song?" or, “Are they going to frighten the horses with a lot of excellent songs that are rarely performed?”, not to mention, “Can I expect the hits of yesteryear and those of tomorrow?"

To which we say: Just Trust Elvis Costello and The Imposters.

Starting October 23 in Charlottesville, VA, this 24-date tour ends November 26 in Milwaukee, WI.

Presales start on Tuesday, June 25 at 10am local time using the presale code JUSTTRUSTEC. For the complete details and to gain presale access visit the ElvisCostello.com Shows Page.

Can anyone please list the tour dates?
And No Coffee Table

Re: ELVIS COSTELLO & THE IMPOSTERS ANNOUNCE UPCOMING FALL TOUR

Post by And No Coffee Table »

Eugene wrote:Can anyone please list the tour dates?
https://www.elviscostello.com/#!/news/298485

JUN 24, 2019
ELVIS COSTELLO & THE IMPOSTERS ANNOUNCE FALL TOUR

Just Trust Elvis Costello And The Imposters

Elvis Costello and The Imposters hit the road again in October, as sole headliner after their summer excursion with Blondie.

The tour is entitled, “Just Trust” in answer to the musical questions: “Will they play my favourite song?," or, “Are they going to frighten the horses with a lot of excellent songs that are rarely performed?,” not to mention, “Can I expect the hits of yesteryear and those of tomorrow?"

To which we say: Just Trust Elvis Costello and The Imposters.

This superlative ensemble - Steve Nieve on keyboards, Pete Thomas on drums, and bass and vocalist Davey Faragher - are once again augmented by singers Kitten Kuroi and Briana Lee, all of whom were heard on the acclaimed 2018 Concord Records release, 'Look Now,' numbers from which will surely find their rightful place among the highlights from one of the most formidable song catalogues in popular music.

Despite his recent anomalous inclusion in the Queen’s Birthday Honour’s List, Elvis Costello O.B.E. will not be putting on the airs, but putting on the style for this unique evening of song and mischief.

Get it while you can.

Just Trust Elvis Costello and The Imposters.

Starting October 23rd in Charlottesville, VA at Sprint Pavilion, this 24-date tour ends November 26th in Milwaukee, WI at Miller High Life Theatre.

Tickets are on-sale Friday, June 28th at 10am local time.

Tickets will be available at elviscostello.com

Elvis Costello & The Imposters 'Just Trust' 2019 Tour Dates:

10/23 - Charlottesville, VA @ Sprint Pavilion
10/24 - Hershey, PA @ The Hershey Theatre
10/26 - Ithaca, NY @ State Theatre
10/27 - Burlington, VT @ Flynn Center for the Performing Arts
10/29 - Port Chester, NY @ Capitol Theatre*
10/30 - Port Chester, NY @ Capitol Theatre*
11/1 - Norfolk, VA @ The NorVa
11/2 - Greensboro, NC @ Piedmont Hall
11/4 - Nashville, TN @ Ryman Auditorium
11/5 - Atlanta, GA @ Coca-Cola Roxy
11/7 - Fort Lauderdale, FL @ Broward Center for Performing Arts
11/8 - St. Augustine, FL @ St. Augustine Amphitheatre
11/10 - St. Petersburg, FL @ Mahaffey Theater
11/11 - Orlando, FL - Hard Rock Live
11/13 - New Orleans, LA - Saenger Theatre
11/15 - Memphis, TN @ Graceland Soundstage
11/16 - Carmel, IN @ Center for Performing Arts**
11/17 - Louisville, KY @ The Palace Theatre
11/19 - Cincinnati, OH @ Taft Theatre
11/20 - Ann Arbor, MI @ Michigan Theatre
11/22 - Chicago, IL @ Chicago Theatre***
11/23 - Minneapolis, MN @ State Theatre***
11/24 - Madison, WI @ The Orpheum Theater
11/26 - Milwaukee, WI @ Miller High Life Theatre

* on-sale June 28th at 12pm local time
** on-sale August 9th at 10am local time
*** on-sale July 12th at 10am local time
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

And the chances of any UK dates this year are...
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

verbal gymnastics wrote:And the chances of any UK dates this year are...
Slim to none. Why does he hate you guys so much?
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

I find it very difficult to believe to Central Pennsylvania can support two shows. (Gettysburg in July and Hershey in October). I will concede the July show is more of a rehearsal for the summer tour than anything else.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

docinwestchester wrote:
Slim to none. Why does he hate you guys so much?
Perhaps we’ll get an OBE celebratory show where he’ll play all the songs as to why he should never have been offered one! :lol:
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Arbogast

Post by Arbogast »

No NYC shows...again. Looks like I'm headed to Port Chester.

I can't for the life of me understand why he hasn't played the Kings Theatre in Brooklyn yet.
Neil.

Post by Neil. »

Though I long to see Elvis perform again in the UK, I have no feeling of entitlement. I imagine he must have mixed feelings about his homeland - the fun bauble of the OBE (for services rendered - a bit like an Oscar or a Hollywood pavement star[!]) pitted against the horrible shift in this country since the Brexit referendum.

Plus, he's a working musician: there's very low income from song sales in this age of streaming for peanuts - so he has to tour where the live ticket money is.

I'm sure he'll eventually gig here, and it'll be all the sweeter for the delayed gratification. (That said, if we can't have anything in 2019, I'll be amazed if we get nowt in 2020!)
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

No west coast dates. Bummer. May have to haul it out to Concord to see EC and the band. Brutal.
sheeptotheslaughter

Post by sheeptotheslaughter »

looks like next year if at all. Perhaps we may get a xmas show but I doubt it
millaa

Post by millaa »

Neil. wrote:Plus, he's a working musician: there's very low income from song sales in this age of streaming for peanuts - so he has to tour where the live ticket money is.
Who says he doesn't earn from streaming and online plays of his music? I have heard that he have a good licensing deal with Universal and he gets 50% of receipts for streaming and online plays. Now, if you think that 'She' has had 33 millions plays on Spotify alone, that's a hell of a lot of peanuts...

Don't forget as well, every time you see an advert before a video on YouTube, the income from that also gets split with the artist. The more plays the video has, the more $$$'s the advertising space is worth.

It's newer artists that struggle with streaming payments because their streams are low. Established artists makes $$$'s.
millaa

Post by millaa »

Neil. wrote:Though I long to see Elvis perform again in the UK, I have no feeling of entitlement. I imagine he must have mixed feelings about his homeland - the fun bauble of the OBE (for services rendered - a bit like an Oscar or a Hollywood pavement star[!]) pitted against the horrible shift in this country since the Brexit referendum.
I agree, he will come here soon but I would say it's cheaper for him to tour the States than UK/Europe with shipping equipment, crew, hotels, flights etc.

Here's to 2020!
EcfanNY

Post by EcfanNY »

I got online at exactly 10 AM for Port Chester. All the front Center Orchestra seats were sold out. Settled for were rows B-I (No seat numbers given. Could be anywhere!) and Lodge CC (again no seat numbers given). Three bullshit fees attached. I don't care if he plays ALL obscure songs I'm likely reselling both tickets. I TRUSTED EC and got crappy seats. I don't know that he's to blame, I doubt it, but between the lack of prime seating, and vague seating assignments it's a big disappointment. Especially since presale presumably for diehards.
JerseyPride78

Post by JerseyPride78 »

In for 10/29 in Port Chester!
snarling pup

Post by snarling pup »

In for 11/10 in St Pete
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

EcfanNY wrote:I got online at exactly 10 AM for Port Chester. All the front Center Orchestra seats were sold out. Settled for were rows B-I (No seat numbers given. Could be anywhere!) and Lodge CC (again no seat numbers given). Three bullshit fees attached. I don't care if he plays ALL obscure songs I'm likely reselling both tickets. I TRUSTED EC and got crappy seats. I don't know that he's to blame, I doubt it, but between the lack of prime seating, and vague seating assignments it's a big disappointment. Especially since presale presumably for diehards.
The venue is FAMOUS for scalping their own tickets-don't be surprised to see most, if not all, of the front row on Stubhub.

There was nothing available in the front orchestra for Hershey either.
EcfanNY

Post by EcfanNY »

I'm sure you're right Eugene. Very hard to get around it (especially in New York). That's why Cat Stevens passed on the Beacon a few years ago. But when I saw EC at the Capitol last time I got a good seat (and a seat assignment) upon purchase. Not knowing what row, or whether or not I'm in the center, or leaning against a wall is crappy, especially for a fan pre-sale. I'm not a snob by any means, but I find the further back you are, the more the audience chatter (another New York concert-going perk.) If they're playing 'a lot of excellent songs that are rarely performed' and people are mindlessly chatting away it might be white knuckles on black and blue skin. Anyway, I hope you made out (much) better than I did.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

EcfanNY wrote:I'm sure you're right Eugene. Very hard to get around it (especially in New York). That's why Cat Stevens passed on the Beacon a few years ago. But when I saw EC at the Capitol last time I got a good seat (and a seat assignment) upon purchase. Not knowing what row, or whether or not I'm in the center, or leaning against a wall is crappy, especially for a fan pre-sale. I'm not a snob by any means, but I find the further back you are, the more the audience chatter (another New York concert-going perk.) If they're playing 'a lot of excellent songs that are rarely performed' and people are mindlessly chatting away it might be white knuckles on black and blue skin. Anyway, I hope you made out (much) better than I did.
He is NOT right...i know plenty of people who get first row seats regularly for the Capital in PORT CHESTER: in the LOGE , lower BALCONY AND ORCHESTRA. without spilling beans to negatively affect MY seat selection :P , i will only say... DO NOT BE LOCKED INTO ALLEGED FAN PRE SALES as your best bet! MANY times, better selection is obtained on the FIRST DAY OF PUBLIC SALE!!
Arbogast

Post by Arbogast »

BA is right. I don't even bother with pre-sales anymore....only a relative handful of seats are put on sale that way. It's just a gimmick for the marks.
JerseyPride78

Post by JerseyPride78 »

Am I the only one who thinks EC is telegraphing that this tour will feature the songs from "Trust" as its centerpiece?
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

JerseyPride78 wrote:Am I the only one who thinks EC is telegraphing that this tour will feature the songs from "Trust" as its centerpiece?

No...I'm with you. See other thread regarding song selection titled "HELP US HELP ELVIS" for my input there. Great minds....Cheers
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

Just Trust setlist:

01. Clubland
02. Lovers Walk
03. You'll Never Be A Man
04. Pretty Words
05. Strict Time
06. Luxembourg
07. Watch Your Step
08. New Lace Sleeves
09. From A Whisper To A Scream
10. Different Finger
11. White Knuckles
12. Shot With His Own Gun
13. Fish 'N' Chip Paper
14. Big Sister's Clothes

No encore.
EcfanNY

Post by EcfanNY »

BA, I think you were partially right. I got on right at 12:00 and kept at it until about 12:30. I was ONLY being offered RIGHT ORCH or LEFT ORCH. At some point I had to settle for RIGHT ORCH tickets for both nights. I would love to know where all the CENTER ORCH tickets went. They weren't available for the fan pre-sale, and seemingly not available today. I don't know. Maybe just unlucky. I hope you (and Eugene) got good seats.
Arbogast

Post by Arbogast »

Agreed: I was at it for a good 40 minutes for the Capitol and wasn't offered one seat in the center orchestra. WTF?I Is this Ticketfly holding them back for the "secondary market"? It's a disgrace.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Whenever you can, GO TO THE BOX OFFICE..... I WILL NEVER SAY THIS AGAIN. :shock: :oops: :lol: