Just a nice image

Pretty self-explanatory
Ymaginatif

Just a nice image

Post by Ymaginatif »

I've always like the symbolic resonance of my vinyl copy of 'All This Useless Beauty'
KRursAgd2mHE709_bSYfy3HrH_3aLyH3dvlCFs2zIgonvEZqt.jpg
KRursAgd2mHE709_bSYfy3HrH_3aLyH3dvlCFs2zIgonvEZqt.jpg (176.9 KiB) Viewed 8528 times
bronxapostle

Re: Just a nice image

Post by bronxapostle »

I am confused.....Is this a broken record?
AND was ATUB rereleased in 2014?
it sure is impossibly tough to keep track of ALL releases and REreleases EC, it ALWAYS has been. :D :D
Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif »

bronxapostle wrote:I am confused.....Is this a broken record?
AND was ATUB rereleased in 2014?
it sure is impossibly tough to keep track of ALL releases and REreleases EC, it ALWAYS has been. :D :D
Sorry, I should have been clearer. This is the 'Music On Vinyl' release, back in 2014, on heavyweight vinyl. This is how my copy came, with the label all broken up, and disintegrating. The vinyl itself is fine, and plays normally!

I always thought that the way the crack ran, between 'Elvis Costello' and 'The Attractions' was quite relevant for that album.

That is all ... :)
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

“All this use” for Elvis and “less Beauty” for the Attractions...
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

No my PRINCE friend. :lol: I did indeed understand most of that. I had a feeling it was just a bad label.... is the music REALLY unaffected at the end of each side? And thanks for clarifying the forgotten rereleaae.
Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif »

bronxapostle wrote:No my PRINCE friend. :lol: I did indeed understand most of that. I had a feeling it was just a bad label.... is the music REALLY unaffected at the end of each side? And thanks for clarifying the forgotten rereleaae.
Glad you got it the first time, my apostolic friend :D

Distorted Angel is slightly affected, but for most of it, the needle just ploughs through the label :)