Elvis opening for Neil Young, Vancouver, May 14 & 15, 2019

Pretty self-explanatory
verbal gymnastics

Re: Elvis opening for Neil Young, Vancouver, May 14 & 15, 2019

Post by verbal gymnastics »

bronxapostle wrote:I forget where it comes from.... early days???

...BUT, NEVER OFFICIALLY RELEASED? cool, oddball selection in an opening slot. But, that is our boy's strong suit. 8) 8)
Absolutely - the only thing predictable about Elvis is his unpredictability!

Maybe this will feature as a band version (or solo) on the Blondie tour. Perhaps Debbie will even sing it...
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
jardine

Post by jardine »

maybe faceinthecrowd will be one of the four new songs on 45s?? just dreaming.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

https://www.jambase.com/article/neil-yo ... sts-videos

Neil Young Debuts 4 Songs In Vancouver

Neil Young kicked off his May tour with two solo concerts at Queen Elizabeth Theatre in Vancouver on Tuesday and Wednesday featuring support from Elvis Costello. Young debuted four songs on opening night and played them again on Wednesday.

Costello opened each concert with rare solo performances. Tuesday’s set included such classics as “Accidents Will Happen,” “Veronica” and “A Face In The Crowd,” while Wednesday saw Elvis treat fans to “Alison,” “Everyday I Write The Book” and more. Young’s first solo set in Vancouver began with the debut of a song thought to be titled “Think Of Me.” Neil then played ’60s gem “On The Way Home” before unveiling a tune tentatively titled “Right By Her Side.” The Canadian legend used an acoustic for the first seven songs of the night, which also included “Cinnamon Girl,” “Man Of War,” the debut of “She Showed Me Love” and the beloved “Old Man.”

Neil’s second portion of his set saw him move over to piano for the recently debuted “Green Is Blue,” the first “I Believe In You” since May 11, 2011, “Eternity” and “After The Gold Rush.” Then, Young played “Mother Earth (Natural Anthem)” on pump organ and returned to acoustic guitar for the evening’s final debut, perhaps titled “Why Do I Believe In You?” Next, Young went with electric guitar for “Ohio” and headed back to the piano for “Expecting To Fly.” He plucked banjo on “Old King” and ended the set on acoustic for “Out On The Weekend,” “Harvest Moon” and “Heart Of Gold.” Both shows concluded as most Neil solo performances of late do, with “Tumbleweed.”

Last night, Neil Young played 22 songs as opposed to the 20 he performed on Tuesday. “Olden Days,” “Only Love Can Break Your Heart,” “Don’t Let It Bring You Down,” “From Hank To Hendrix,” “Flying On The Ground Is Wrong,” “Four Strong Winds” and “Birds” made the setlist on Wednesday but not on Thursday. The tour continues on Friday in Portland, Oregon.

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »