EC/Imposters and Blondie co-headline 13-date US tour, July-August 2019

Pretty self-explanatory
verbal gymnastics

Re: EC/Imposters and Blondie co-headline 13-date US tour, July-August 2019

Post by verbal gymnastics »

It’ll be interesting to see how Elvis plays this co-headlining tour ie will his competitive streak be out?
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

verbal gymnastics wrote:It’ll be interesting to see how Elvis plays this co-headlining tour ie will his competitive streak be out?
I've seen 6:30 start times...which bodes well. AS LONG AS A THIRD ACT IS NOT ADDED. :evil: :evil:
Blondie's great 75 to 90 minutes still puts Elvis on stage 8:15. CAN YOU SAY FULL 2 HOUR EC SHOW???
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

I doubt a 3rd act will be part of this.

I would have thought that if they are co-headlining then then they will play the same length set.

I was wondering if Elvis is going to substantially mix up his sets every night just to subtly demonstrate his variety and versatility.

I’d like to see an Elvis set, a Blondie set and a finale Elvis and Blondie set, perhaps singing each other’s songs.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Arbogast

Post by Arbogast »

Hmmm....if EC's doing a full set, I may have to reconsider.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Arbogast wrote:Hmmm....if EC's doing a full set, I may have to reconsider.
Of course you must GAS!! THIS is a dream double bill for any NYC EC fan, unless you out and out despise BLONDIE! (But, HOW COULD ANYONE?) Maybe not the best female singer ever, but her legacy alone alongside the first 5 lps merits ALL of our endless regard. Gonna be a night to remember, especially at FOREST HILLS where, in 1982 and 1984, two VERY AMAZING EC shows were held.
GLAD you have reconsidered
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

https://www.elviscostello.com/#!/news/298306

“IMITATION OF A KISS”
"The Beastly E.C." and Deborah Harry are touring together this summer but some of you may not know that we have sometimes appeared together as vocal contributors to the work of Roy Nathanson and The Jazz Passengers from the mid-90s onwards.

Deborah sang alongside Jimmy Scott, Mavis Staples, Jeff Buckley and Bob Dorough on the wonderful album, "The Jazz Passengers In Love" and she and I performed some of those songs along with Roy Nathanson's arrangements of "God's Comic" and "Man Out Of Time" and a version of "The Tide Is High" at the opening night gala concert of the Meltdown Festival of 1995.

As curator, I got to run riot with my invitations over the nine-day event which saw performances by Bill Frisell, Anuna, The Sabri Brothers, Moondog, John Harle, the Brodsky Quartet, Fretwork, the London Philharmonic Orchestra conducted by Gunther Schuller, The Composer's Ensemble, Steve Nieve, original Passengers' guitarist, Marc Ribot, the U.K. debut of The Fairfield Four and the final appearance in London by Jeff Buckley.

In subsequent years, such curators as Nick Cave, Robert Wyatt, Patti Smith, David Bowie, Laurie Anderson and Scott Walker got to make those invitations and I hope experience some of the joy and surprises that I got from those frantic days.

In the year 2000, Deborah Harry, the jazz singer, Nancy King, Richard Butler of the Psychedelic Furs and myself were all vocalists for Roy Nathanson's narrative work, "Fire At Keaton's Bar and Grill", which was performed by members of The Jazz Passengers with guest instrumentalists including the pianist, Cyrus Chestnut and the great B-3 player, Charles Earland.

"Keaton's" was performed in full at St. Ann's in Brooklyn and later returned to the Royal Festival Hall before performances at Bridgewater Hall, Manchester and at the North Sea Jazz Festival.

Deborah was the main vocalist on the Passengers' "Individually Twisted" album, which included her exquisite rendition of "Imitation Of A Kiss" and for which I wrote lyrics and sang, the Brad Jones' composition which became, "Aubergine". Deborah and I are heard together on a playful version of the Illinois Jacquet and Jimmy Mundy composition to which Al Stillman added lyrics, a song which we later performed on "Late Night With David Letterman".

Deborah was by now effectively a member of The Jazz Passengers, while I continued to perform with them occasionally with trombonists, Curtis Fowlkes, vibraphonist, Bill Ware and the double bass player, Brad Jones contributing to the albums, "When I Was Cruel” and the song, "Impatience" recorded at the sessions for "North", while Roy Nathanson played alto saxophone in the horn section on "15 Petals" and "Dust" and a Japanese television commission to record Charlie Chaplin's "Smile".

In 2010, I was the vocalist on, "Wind Walked By", the opening track of "The Jazz Passengers Reunited”, which also included a re-imagining of the Blondie hit, "One Way Or Another".

Roy Nathanson is one of the great unsung poets, teachers and composers working in the United States. You should check out his "Subway Moon" and "Sotto Voce" projects. They have been performed both in Europe and America, often involving the previously unheard voices of students and young talents. He continues to perform with The Jazz Passengers and you should go to see them if you can and failing this check out the Passengers wonderful recorded catalogue.

Elvis Costello & The Imposters and Blondie will co-headline a coast-to-coast tour this summer kicking off July 20th in Bethel, NY and making stops in Boston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles and more, before wrapping August 10th in Seattle, WA. Tickets on sale now - https://tour.elviscostello.com/
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

https://bestclassicbands.com/live-natio ... s-4-24-19/

Live Nation Offering $20 Concert Tickets

Live Nation announced today (April 24) a ticket sales event, “National Concert Week,” to take place May 1 through May 7 with an exclusive $20 all-in ticket offer for fans to celebrate the kickoff to its biggest summer season. The offer will include over 2 million tickets to 2,800+ shows across Live Nation’s roster of summer tours spanning rock, pop and metal acts, as well as country, hip-hop and Latin music, comedy shows, and more. Artists/tours include such classic rock acts as The Who / Alice Cooper and Halestorm, Elvis Costello & the Imposters and Blondie / Heart / Lynyrd Skynyrd / Peter Frampton, and Santana.

For one week, fans can purchase the $20 all-in tickets beginning Wednesday, May 1 at 5 a.m. ET here through Tuesday, May 7 at 11:59 p.m. PT. An exclusive T-Mobile 24-hour pre-sale begins Tuesday, April 30 at 5 a.m. ET.

Touring Artists for the $20 All-In “National Concert Week” Ticket Offer Include:

Alice Cooper & Halestorm
Backstreet Boys
Brad Paisley
Brian Regan
Bryan Adams
Bush & +LIVE+
Beck & Cage the Elephant
Clint Black & Trace Adkins
Dane Cook
Dierks Bentley
Disturbed
Elvis Costello & the Imposters and Blondie
Florence + the Machine
Heart
Hootie & The Blowfish
Jason Aldean
JB Smoove
Jennifer Lopez
KISS
Kodak Black
KORN & Alice In Chains
Luis Miguel
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Mary J. Blige & Nas
Miranda Lambert
moe. & Blues Traveler
New Kids On The Block
Norm Macdonald
Papa Roach
Patton Oswalt
Pentatonix
Peter Frampton
Rascal Flatts
Rob Thomas
Rob Zombie & Marilyn Manson
Santana
Sara Bareilles
Slipknot
The 1975
The Black Keys
The Chainsmokers
The Smashing Pumpkins & Noel Gallagher
The Head and the Heart
The Who
Third Eye Blind & Jimmy Eat World
Train & Goo Goo Dolls
Vampire Weekend
Wanda Sykes
Willie Nelson & Family and Alison Krauss
Zac Brown Band

The complete list of artists / tours is available at NCW.LiveNation.com.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Blue Vista 725 @bluevista725

Stoked about our legendary campaign on the Macy's (151 West 34th Street, New York) and Penn Plaza digital billboards that kicks off the summer concert series at Forest Hills Stadium!

https://twitter.com/bluevista725/status ... 8740021248

sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stevebalti ... 6c386c4e73

ASCAP Honors: Billie Eilish On 'G's Frank Sinatra, Ariana Grande And Jeff Lynne On Songwriting

(...)
When the focus is actually on songwriting and the songs, artists find it a joy to discuss. I spoke with Blondie's Deborah Harry, Chris Stein and Clem Burke as well about their illustrious career and songwriting.

"It's amazing and I think we've earned it. We've worked hard over the years and something I said earlier is we've been very fortunate to work with some wonderful producers, writers and other musicians," Harry told me of the award. "We've just been in the right place at the right time. And also we took some chances, combining different elements of music at a time when it really wasn't done. But yet we made it our own, we kept it."

Looking back at moments that were special for them in songwriting and the way their music was used, Stein picked a surprising moment. "When we were recording we always talked about music being used at sporting events and there was a moment years and years ago where there was a thing on TV of the Yankees in training and they put on 'One Way Or Another' behind it," he said. "I appreciate the intersection."

Blondie will be on tour this summer with another ASCAP lifetime honoree, the great Elvis Costello. As Harry put it succintly on touring with one of the great rock songwriters of all time, "It's not gonna suck." She added, "There are so many of his [songs] that I like."

So if there were to be any onstage collaborations what songs of each other would Blondie like to do? "'Oliver's Army' would be a good [Elvis] one for Blondie to do," Burke said. "And maybe 'In The Flesh' would be a good [Blondie] one for him to do."

(...)
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

Jim Harrison - major tool. I can’t believe this guy lives in the Bay Area. Just shows you how low the bar has gone in the world of local news/journalism.

I don’t know if I’ll be going to this show. Concord Pav is a schlep from SF... Not a fan of the venue either. Would be fun to run into Harrison, perhaps borrow his notebook for an impromptu wallpaper / grass roots art project starting in the Concord Pav’s ladies room. Potential title: Where crap music critics go to die. Stalls a’ plenty!
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

PS - take out go to die.. no harm to Jimbo, obviously... where crap music critics thrive? (In the lower bowels of a
1970s toilet stall.