Daniel Rowland leaves The Brodsky Quartet

Pretty self-explanatory
sweetest punch

Daniel Rowland leaves The Brodsky Quartet

Post by sweetest punch »

“He wants to take a new direction”
https://www.rtvoost.nl/nieuws/309219/Vi ... ky-Quartet
Last edited by sweetest punch on Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sweetest punch

Re: Daniel Rowland leaves The Brosky Quartet

Post by sweetest punch »

https://nl-nl.facebook.com/thebrodskyquartet/

We are delighted to announce that Gina McCormack will join the Brodsky Quartet in May 2019. Gina replaces Daniel Rowland who leaves to pursue a solo career after twelve wonderfully diverse years with us. Our time together saw the Quartet accepting an exclusive recording contract with Chandos, and becoming Artistic Associates at London’s Kings Place, as well as continuing to bring fresh and innovative programmes to the world’s mainstages.
Gina is a highly sought-after violinist, who has dedicated her musical life to playing quartets. As a consequence she has not only performed but recorded much of the repertoire that has become synonymous with the Brodsky Quartet. And so it seems, the stars have aligned to bring these two musical forces together.
We consider ourselves truly blessed to have encountered someone with such experience and commitment to the cause as Gina McCormack. We could not have dreamed of a more perfect partner to accompany us on our continued journey as a quartet. Avanti!!
We are hugely excited to be working with Gina, and look forward to introducing her to our many friends around the world. We would also like to take this opportunity to thank Daniel enormously for his wonderful collaboration and to wish him well in the future.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
WindUpWorld

Re: Daniel Rowland leaves The Brodsky Quartet

Post by WindUpWorld »

Sad to see him go. Saw the Brodsky's just a few months ago and Daniel did all the talking, taking a leaf from EC's book of compering and humour. It was at Kings Place, themed on music from conflict and included some bravura wine glass playing from the quartet among other non stringed things. They're very much as good as ever, if not better. Look forward to seeing them with newbie Gina sometime.
johnfoyle

Re: Daniel Rowland leaves The Brodsky Quartet

Post by johnfoyle »

After I saw all of the Elvis & The Brodskys shows in the UK in 2009 , I posted this in a overall comment -

Lets start with the way Elvis would stare at Daniel Rowland. Daniel, floppy hair and stubbly chin, is the newest Brodsky and was the youngest person on stage each night. Elvis' 20 year relationship with the senior Brodskys probably means they are comfortable with each other. Young Daniel was clearly, for the first few shows, having to prove himself to Elvis. So he got stared at a lot. He had to play a lot of tricky intro. and middle pieces, setting the tempo and tone of the performances. He has a very physical way of playing, half sighing , half gasping as he launched into pieces. A few times Elvis seemed to give a him a particularly bug eyed look, prompting thoughts this might be another musician who may be in line for the old ' there's room for only one star on this stage' speech. Later in one show -Manchester , I think - Elvis was doing a intro. spiel and Daniel had his bow to his violin ( made by Lorenzo Stononi of Cremona in 1793, as the Glasgow program told us) and seemed to be starting to play. Elvis and the others seemed to be lagging a bit and Elvis turned to Paul Cassidy and said something like ' This boy is ready to go!'. As the tour progressed the examination seemed to be finished - the musician had been accepted. At a interval of a few shows Daniel could be seen out and about in the foyer with non -Brodskys. It all added up to interesting dynamic, a young gun diligently going about his tasks , respectfully but independently , winning through by means of excellence.