Elvis plays New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival, April/May 2019 ?

Pretty self-explanatory
ice nine

Elvis plays New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival, April/May 2019 ?

Post by ice nine »

They posted a conference on Facebook of the 2019 music lineup of the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival. Elvis will be there.

Edit - He will NOT
Last edited by ice nine on Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think that you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt
- M. Twain
sweetest punch

Re: Elvis plays JF

Post by sweetest punch »

The website doesn’t mention Elvis (yet)?
https://www.festicket.com/nl/festivals/ ... ival/2019/
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
ice nine

Post by ice nine »

My apologies. I thought I heard them say Elvis, but I checked the line up they have now posted and he's not on it. Sorry once again.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think that you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt
- M. Twain
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

When I first read the subject title I thought Elvis has announced a gig at John Foyle’s house :lol:
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

I'd have bought a ticket for a concert in John 's house and hoped for a recording but the audience chatter would be too noisy :roll: :wink:
ice nine

Post by ice nine »

It wasn't my imagination!! I was just on the JazzFest board and other people had heard his name mentioned as being there. People are speculating that Elvis will only be taking part of the tribute to Mr. Toussaint.
- M. Twain
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Elvis is welcome to play a show at my house, as long as he arrives early enough to iron a bundle of shirts and weed the garden.
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

I've just discovered the rider that The Imposters wrote for the performance at John's house :
No talking about Brexit and the hard border
No ironing
No weeding
No surprise visits from other male or female inhabitants of Dublin !
An organised "mystery trip" around Dublin, visiting old haunts, venues and places of historical interest to the band
showing where the MAIT glass has been spotted
All to be supervised by Martin, not John !
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

https://www.nola.com/entertainment/2019 ... maybe.html

Is Elvis Costello coming to Jazz Fest 2019? Maybe ...

Elvis Costello “is not currently scheduled to appear at Jazz Fest.” That’s the official word from the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival. And that should settle the matter, except that twice now a source close to Jazz Fest has confidently announced that Costello will be in the lineup.

In fact, the source doesn’t get any closer. During the Jan. 15 press conference announcing the 2019 talent, Jazz Fest producer Quint Davis included Costello among the headliners. But since Costello didn’t appear on the official lists, fans of the endearingly embittered Englishmen put their joy back on the shelf.

But then! At roughly 3 a.m. on Thursday morning (Jan. 17), Davis announced to the shivering crowd waiting for Rolling Stone tickets at the Superdome that Costello would be appearing in a white tent in Gentilly during the spring music fest. As an enthusiastic old hippie myself, I am naturally willing to take the word of another enthusiastic old hippie as fact. You should probably take it with a grain of salt.

Costello, 64, cancelled tour dates last summer in order to be treated for cancer, but he has since reassured his fans that his health scare has passed. Elvis, New Orleans loves you whether you can make it this spring or not.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
ice nine

Re: Elvis plays New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival, April/May 2019 ?

Post by ice nine »

There is an Allen Toussaint tribute on Sunday May 5 at 1:30. The schedule says 'special guests' If Elvis will be at JazzFest he will be a part of this.

The Stones are playing this year and I'm sure it will be a headache that day.
- M. Twain
ice nine

Post by ice nine »

The Stones have postponed their tour and this throws the festival into turmoil. A whole day was planned around them and prices for the weekend were raised. Now they are scrambling for replacement bands (if there are any) or rescheduling current artists. The whole thing is a mess!
- M. Twain
ice nine

Post by ice nine »

When the Stones cancelled they got Fleetwood Mac, but now they have cancelled because Stevie has the flu. Widespread Panc is stepping in.
- M. Twain
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Widespread replaces Stones? what the....
Mac was barely in the same area code.
They gotta get a WHO, a NEIL or a DYLAN i think.
Last edited by bronxapostle on Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

BA wrote
Widespread replaces Stones? what the....
You made me laugh outloud, BA, I'm going to form a band immediately and call ourselves Widespread Panic :roll: