Elvis/Imposters , Phoenix on Nov. 27th 'has been rescheduled to Saturday, April 27, 2019'- CANCELLED

Pretty self-explanatory
johnfoyle

Elvis/Imposters , Phoenix on Nov. 27th 'has been rescheduled to Saturday, April 27, 2019'- CANCELLED

Post by johnfoyle »

http://www.comericatheatre.com/EventDet ... erid=85755

Due to scheduling conflicts, the Elvis Costello & The Imposters show on Tuesday, November 27th at Comerica Theatre, has been rescheduled to Saturday, April 27, 2019.

Tickets are currently on sale at livenation.com and the box office. Tickets for the November 27th show will be honored on the new date. Anyone unable to make the rescheduled date, should contact their point of purchase for a refund. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
And No Coffee Table

Re: Elvis/Imposters , Phoenix on Nov. 27th 'has been rescheduled to Saturday, April 27, 2019'

Post by And No Coffee Table »

sweetest punch noticed in August that this show had disappeared without explanation from elviscostello.com. Perhaps they were waiting for a rescheduled date before announcing anything.

This probably means there will be other US shows in April.
sulky lad

Re: Elvis/Imposters , Phoenix on Nov. 27th 'has been rescheduled to Saturday, April 27, 2019'

Post by sulky lad »

But no mention of UK dates in 2019 :shock: :( :evil:
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

sulky lad wrote:But no mention of UK dates in 2019 :shock: :( :evil:

Patience...you all shall be rewarded.
Man out of Time

Re: Elvis/Imposters , Phoenix on Saturday, April 27, 2019 has been canceled.

Post by Man out of Time »

Live Nation is now saying that this event has been cancelled. It made no financial sense to get the band and equipment together for a one-off theatre show in the US. No word on whether this will be rescheduled again. Live Nation website is simply offering refunds.

So if Elvis is not touring or planning to tour, what is he doing?

MOOT
sheeptotheslaughter

Post by sheeptotheslaughter »

sulky lad wrote:But no mention of UK dates in 2019 :shock: :( :evil:

I think John might be right on Facebook yesterday. Elvis wont commit to anything after his mother's health scare last year. She must be well into her 90's now
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

The main thing for us here in this matter, AND WITH KITTEN KUROI implying her availability for work....LET'S HOPE ELVIS IS WELL AND LOOKING TO RETURN TO US SOONER RATHER THAN LATER.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

As Sheep mentioned , I posted this on a EC fan page on Facebook -

Social media posts by various Imposters, backing singers etc. who recently worked with Elvis shows them indicating availability for work. Add in Elvis's posts last October about his family situation in Liverpool and it seems that a number of factors are preventing any firm commitment in the short term to engagements. I'm sure we wish all the best for all concerned.
supplydavid

Post by supplydavid »

I had been looking forward to the weekend in Phoenix but family first,
Dr. Luther

Post by Dr. Luther »

supplydavid wrote:I had been looking forward to the weekend in Phoenix but family first,
I've been planning a trip to see my daughter in Flagstaff -- was going to go that week so I could take in the show while I was down there.

I realized about three weeks ago that this probably wasn't happening, so I pushed it back a month, so we can catch SF Giants playing the DBacks. Probably go to 2 of the 3 games.

I'm pretty bummed about the show, though. I've always loved seeing a Costello concert out of my area. I used to go down to LA shows often. It's weird -- it's just feels different. It's sort-of liberating or something.

(I have no idea what the point of this post is...) :|
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Dr. Luther wrote:
(I have no idea what the point of this post is...) :|
I THINK your point, MY VERY GOOD FRIEND, is that note of melancholia, which WE AS A GROUP, are now left to feel with things we have RARELY incurred over the past forty plus years. Never before have we had to contend with the concept of shows being cancelled with some regularity, either suddenly or in advance as we have seen the past year or so. Naturally, we feel a sense of maudlin days are here too, as....SURELY AS TIME IS MARCHING ON IN OUR OWN PERSONAL LIVES, it is doing ALSO in our EC fandom lives!!!
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Diana also cancelled some tourdates in April: http://nationalshows2.com/2018/06/krall/
Doctors advised her to take time to recover from a flu virus.
Maybe Elvis wants to be home this months for Diana.

‘THIS SHOW HAS BEEN CANCELLED

To all my fans who bought tickets to (insert date/show info here). As you may know and already be aware I had to cancel recent concerts due to a flu virus and upper respiratory infection I had in October.
It was a very tough go and I am confident that I am on my way but have not yet regained my full strength.
In order to fully recover my Doctors have advised me to not tour this Spring and take the necessary time to heal so I may be on my next tour strong and healthy and at my best for myself, my family and for my audience.
I thank you for your kind understanding and I look forward to seeing you soon. Until then I wish everyone good health and all the best for the New Year ahead.’
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

The Elvis/Diana cancellations are a bit too coincidental not to be related.

Whatever the reasons let’s hope they’re both back on the road soon in full health.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Mr. Hush

Post by Mr. Hush »

Replying to Dr Luther...

'I realized about three weeks ago that this probably wasn't happening, so I pushed it back a month, so we can catch SF Giants playing the DBacks. Probably go to 2 of the 3 games.'

As possibly one of a very small subset of a subset who are from the UK and love baseball as much as Elvis i would love to catch those games... and you can at least rely on the stadium to avoid cancellations... all you need is a player's strike to compound your woes. :D
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

verbal gymnastics wrote:The Elvis/Diana cancellations are a bit too coincidental not to be related.

Whatever the reasons let’s hope they’re both back on the road soon in full health.
Yes indeed...AMEN