Elvis & The Imposters, Paramount Theatre , Asbury Park , NJ , November 6th 2018

Pretty self-explanatory
johnfoyle

Elvis & The Imposters, Paramount Theatre , Asbury Park , NJ , November 6th 2018

Post by johnfoyle »

Who's going ?
Eugene

Re: Elvis & The Imposters, Paramount Theatre , Asbury Park , NJ , November 6th 2018

Post by Eugene »

We are....5th row on the left aisle.
johnfoyle

Re: Elvis & The Imposters, Paramount Theatre , Asbury Park , NJ , November 6th 2018

Post by johnfoyle »

Great - enjoy!
stricttime81

Post by stricttime81 »

and me...
AKA: Mike the Lawyer
Harry Lime

Post by Harry Lime »

And me...
Who put these fingerprints on my imagination?
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

Jerseeeeeeeeeeey!
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Wish I could join my dear friends there and share the excitement of new songs played in concert . Hope you and Dave in MD have (a) wonderful times (s)
Arbogast

Post by Arbogast »

If anyone has an extra tic, I'd love to make this show....especially as 1) STILL no NYC dates on this tour and 2) it's on Election Day and I'm going to need all the distraction I can get.

Thanks
EcfanNY

Post by EcfanNY »

Asbury Park Ticket for Sale

Longtine EC fan who has a paper ticket for Asbury Park he cannot use. Paid $180. Selling for $150

November 6, 2018, 8:00 P.M.
Paramount Theatre, Asbury Park, NJ
Seat: GCIRL Row E Seat 9 Left Orchestra
Payable via paypal.
Paper ticket will be sent via priority mail.
If you are still looking you can reach me via private message here.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

You should get all your money back!!! if you can bring it to me 52nd Street West side tomorrow or Saturday or Monday or Tuesday, i will hand deliver. But i will leave your payment to paypal. Too bad you need to miss first GREAT show of the tour. :lol: :lol: :lol:
EcfanNY

Post by EcfanNY »

Buddy it's Patrick with the Asbury Park ticket (You'll know me when you see me.) I don't want to miss the show but this tour is very bad timing for me for a bunch of different reasons. I'm driving to AC tomorrow with Tony (from Brooklyn) for the Hard Rock show. If you're going, we'd be very happy if you joined us. Otherwise I'm sure I could get the ticket to you sometime tomorrow in Manhattan. I'd be happy to get full price, but if it's for you there's no way you don't get the significant 'diehard discount' - Patrick
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

EcfanNY wrote:Buddy it's Patrick with the Asbury Park ticket (You'll know me when you see me.) I don't want to miss the show but this tour is very bad timing for me for a bunch of different reasons. I'm driving to AC tomorrow with Tony (from Brooklyn) for the Hard Rock show. If you're going, we'd be very happy if you joined us. Otherwise I'm sure I could get the ticket to you sometime tomorrow in Manhattan. I'd be happy to get full price, but if it's for you there's no way you don't get the significant 'diehard discount' - Patrick
Of course Patrick...sorry, tomorrow is my first time ever missing Imposters in A.C. but, you knowni am ALWAYS pleased to bump into you and Tony both. I only get 2 this go around....Asbury and Wallingford. See you soon. Best, benny
EcfanNY

Post by EcfanNY »

Thanks pal. I'd give you the stub for AC but it's an e-ticket. Anyway, if you know anyone who needs one for Asbury Park I could drop it to you in Manhattan at your convenience. If you change your mind about AC last minute let us know.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

25 and a half hours.. :D :D
stricttime81

Post by stricttime81 »

bronxapostle wrote:25 and a half hours.. :D :D
Woot Woot!!
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

See you there Mike
EcfanNY

Post by EcfanNY »

To everyone who's going tonight . . . Have a GREAT time! So long as he doesn't play Dr. Luther's Assistant, Clean Money, Tiny Steps, Shatterproof, or Wednesday Week I should be fine. Listening to the gorgeous new material in AC was an absolute pleasure. Enjoy!
stricttime81

Post by stricttime81 »

This Year's Girl
Honey Are You Straight
Clubland
Don't Look Now
Burnt Sugar
Green Shirt
Photographs Can Lie w/Look of Love
Temptation
Red Shoes
Why Won't Heaven Help Me?
Jimmy Standing in the Rain/Under Lime
Watching the Detectives
Brilliant Disguise
Deep Dark Truthful Mirror
He's Given Me Things
Unwanted Number
High Fidelity
Alison

Uncomplicated
Everyday I Write the Book w/Mr. Big Stuff
Stripping Paper

Chelsea
Suspect My Tears
Mr. & Mrs. Hush
Pump it Up

A Face in the Crowd
Blood & Hot Sauce
American Gangster Time
PLU
Last edited by stricttime81 on Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
stricttime81

Post by stricttime81 »

Nice to have a drink with Doc and BA before the show! A stellar 29-song performance (30 if you count the verse of "Jimmy" preceding Under Lime). Great crowd and EC was appreciative. Best show of the tour so far (although I was not in DC).
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

stricttime81 wrote:This Year's Girl
Honey Are You Straight
I Do Like to be Beside the Seaside
Clubland
Insensatez
Don't Look Now
Burnt Sugar
Green Shirt
The Look of Love
Photographs Can Lie
Temptation
Red Shoes
Why Won't Heaven Help Me?
Jimmie Standing in the Rain
Under Lime
Watching the Detectives
Brilliant Disguise
Deep Dark Truthful Mirror
He's Given Me Things
Unwanted Number
High Fidelity
Alison

Uncomplicated
Everyday I Write the Book
Mr. Big Stuff
Stripping Paper

Chelsea
Suspect My Tears
Mr. & Mrs. Hush
Pump it Up

A Face in the Crowd
Blood & Hot Sauce
American Gangster Time
PLU
I like it better this way....was that another song in front of FACE IN CROWD or just a new longer intro?

Freaking GREAT show!!!
stricttime81

Post by stricttime81 »

Sounded like a new intro... Not sure.

I defer to BA, the MASTER song lister!
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

stricttime81 wrote:Sounded like a new intro... Not sure.

I mentioned this in the DC topic. It's a new intro...

Dave
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

FAVEHOUR wrote:
stricttime81 wrote:Sounded like a new intro... Not sure.

I mentioned this in the DC topic. It's a new intro...

Dave
great to hear Dave. yes, i had adhered to my setlist perusal ban before my first show of the tour last night. it sounded as if it was either:

a) quite a new long verse added...or, perhaps
b) a cover song added up front.

opinion please Dave....how different do you find UNWANTED NUMBER Imposters 2018 compared to 1996 with Steve. i've got to dig out my old recording from Supper Club.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

And yes, that was my Lisa being admonished by EC..."I'm speaking" & "there's the door" after she requested "I Want You". :D :roll:

7 known performances of Brilliant Disguise.
date city country venue event / tour with
1996-05-26 East Hampton, NY US Guild Hall 1996 Costello & Nieve Tour Steve Nieve
2009-09-25 New York, NY US Apollo Theater Spectacle: Elvis Costello with... Bruce Springsteen
2009-10-08 Fremantle, WAu Australia Fremantle Arts Centre 2009 Australia Tour Solo
2009-10-14 Canberra, ACT Australia Royal Theatre 2009 Australia Tour Solo
2009-10-15 Sydney, NSW Australia Enmore Theatre 2009 Australia Tour Solo
2012-03-01 New York, NY US NBC, Studio 6B Late Night With Jimmy Fallon The Roots
2018-11-06 Asbury Park, NJ US Paramount Theatre (Asbury Park) Look Now And Then Tour The Imposters