Self Aid, 1986

Pretty self-explanatory
WindUpWorld

Self Aid, 1986

Post by WindUpWorld »

Apologies if this has been posted before. There only seem to be 2 versions of this on youtube, both uploaded in the last few weeks, so it may be new to some fellow forum-ers:

Footage of a short set from the Attractions, Blood & Chocolate era live at Self Aid in Dublin may '86, kicking off with Leave My Kitten Alone:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBeDhtFAAO8

It starts at 4.30 and has slight problems initially with the VHS vertical hold...camera angles and sound engineering just passable....

I for one am not aware of much in concert footage from this period so something of a treat.
verbal gymnastics

Re: Self Aid, 1986

Post by verbal gymnastics »

I remember Van Morrison reportedly getting irked that Elvis sang a snippet of Gloria in one of his songs, particularly as he played later on in the bill.

I had this on VHS years ago. God knows where it is now!
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

This is the gig where Pete starts the drumming for Pump It Up before they move (seamlessly ) into I Hope You're Happy Now. :roll:
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

This is really old school bootleg territory, grainey jumpy video, slightly muffled sound - in a word FANTASTIC.

As well as Pete's aborted into into Pump it showcases EC's only known performance of Jimmy Cliff's Many Rivers to Cross.

Colin Top Balcony