Steve Nieve Playboy album

Pretty self-explanatory
emotional_fascism076

Steve Nieve Playboy album

Post by emotional_fascism076 »

Has anyone ever seen a link for Steve's Playboy album. Seems really hard to find and my turntable is long dead.
Who on earth is tapping at the window?
bronxapostle

Re: Steve Nieve Playboy album

Post by bronxapostle »

I think i burned it to cd from the vinyl when i had the appropriate machinery
emotional_fascism076

If you find it is it possible to get a copy?
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

You know, Steve had made a very one off Knitting Factory NYC appearance, THE ORIGINAL space, about 1998 or so. OF COURSE I CAN FIND THE EXACT DATE. :P it was an avant trio thingie, quite cool. I remember only bringing one 90 minute cassette, not imagining he would play longer...HE DID! anyway, i recently found my cd transfer. I think as the second cdr was only about 10 minutes, that's where i tacked on PLAYBOY. give an old man a chance to unearth it again. A GREAT, FUN show...i do not recall the lp much however. :oops: THO I LOVE EVERY STEVE RELEASE SINCE.
snarling pup

Post by snarling pup »

His CD "It's Raining Somewhere" was recorded at The Knitting Factory in 1995, I think.
https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/stevenieve2

"Playboy" has never made it to CD, except for the tracks included on the expanded version of "Keyboard Jungle"
https://soundcloud.com/steve-nieve-offi ... ngle-and-a
emotional_fascism076

bronxapostle wrote:You know, Steve had made a very one off Knitting Factory NYC appearance, THE ORIGINAL space, about 1998 or so. OF COURSE I CAN FIND THE EXACT DATE. :P it was an avant trio thingie, quite cool. I remember only bringing one 90 minute cassette, not imagining he would play longer...HE DID! anyway, i recently found my cd transfer. I think as the second cdr was only about 10 minutes, that's where i tacked on PLAYBOY. give an old man a chance to unearth it again. A GREAT, FUN show...i do not recall the lp much however. :oops: THO I LOVE EVERY STEVE RELEASE SINCE.

That would be great. And no such thing as old man. Just a classic model☺